1. I'm curious why didn't you put the Ragnaros shoulder in the bis list? It's a bit higher ilvl then the rest of firelands loot. It should be replaced with the tier shoulders.

2. i dont see a point of taking last stand. i mean in most situation you would use rally cry. not saying its bad talent but i would pop my rally cry to save anyone from my group any time of the day.

I took 3/3 in deep wounds nice passive threat.

the guide itself is really nicely done man.

nice man. i reached 96.4% ctc ofc using mastery elexir and magic dmg reduction one. and im really not that well geared atm ilvl 374 nothing special, but i feal like if i start doing fl more with my war i might reach ctc cap.

Thanks man i usually count it myself but this comes in handy.
    Last Stand is rarely used because DPS/Healers are squishier and usually lack the extra momentary heal to keep them alive with Rallying Cry. There are moments where it is more useful to keep yourself alive, rather than a DPS or Healer. It is just to have the talent when necessary, it is to large of a health bonus for too long to not take it. This enables you to soak a cleave on Majordomo Solo in combination with Shield Wall, as well as enabling you to stack Health from another Warrior's Rallying Cry with your Last Stand.

It is too beneficial over other talents to not take it.

I'm curious why didn't you put the Ragnaros shoulder in the bis list? It's a bit higher ilvl then the rest of firelands loot. It should be replaced with the tier shoulders.
    I wrote this for my guild including the other Plate Tank classes but I will remove that bit and I'll post the main point here.

Warriors:
    Helm of Blazing Glory - 3.76% CTC with a yellow socket.
    Faceguard of the Molten Giant (Tier) - 2.58% CTC with a blue socket.

Pauldrons of Roaring Flame - 3.38% CTC with a yellow socket.
    Shoulders of Recurring Flame - 2.59% CTC. Blue socket.
    Shoulderguards of the Molten Giant (Tier) - 2.67% CTC without reforging the hit and a yellow socket.

Summary - You will want Helm of Blazing Glory and Tier shoulders.

3. Extremely legit guide. Always wanted to try tanking! This guide helped me a lot!

Big thanks by posting this up!

4. I will be updating the guide with the best-in-slot listings and such when Dragon Soul is released. Currently, most of the gear is garbage and not worth wasting VP on except to stack Stamina.

Thanks for the comment Blaccid. :D

5. ...yet I see so many Warriors needin' Tanks for Random Heroics and what not, which I personally find laughable. And whenever I ask them why they don't just off-spec Prot, I never got an answer better than "Warriors suck as Tanks" or "I'm too dumb to Tank".

Which is what I wonder. I know Prot Warriors are bugged, but are there any critical bugs that completely ruin the class compared to other Tanks, that they're so underplayed? So far I only have a 85'd Blood DK, and really, I'm jellous of Warr's damage mitigation, less-complicated AoE, stuns and, most of all, the mobility. Yet, I know many Warriors, and probably only one or two Prot Warrs...

6. 25 Heroic Shannox - Tanked Shannox with the 30% Enrage from Seperation Anxiety and I took 2,500,000 damage through the entire encounter.

Warriors are amazing but other classes have better mitigation for certain encounters. Warriors are overall rather than one specific class.

Death Knight -> Magic
    Feral Druid -> Physical
    Paladin -> A bit of both.

7. approval

I approve of this guide :D worked well when I tried it and I love how you mention the best items you can get :D

8. I approve of this guide :D worked well when I tried it and I love how you mention the best items you can get :D
    Thanks, I will try to update it come Dragon Soul but as of now..most items are garbage from VP unless you want to go avoidance > mastery but I wouldn't recommend that.

9. Baeyu approves.

However there can be changes in the talent tree..
    I find the victory rush usefull <20% hp, personal. And last stand shared CD with rallying cry right? Could be discussed about too

Grieh

Question

Hello there!

Thank you for your guide it has been really helpful although I have one thing to ask.

Regarding the Chest enchant. Why is 20 stats better than 75 stamina?

Thank you for your answer!

Kind regards!

Grie ^^

11. Baeyu approves.

However there can be changes in the talent tree..
    I find the victory rush usefull <20% hp, personal. And last stand shared CD with rallying cry right? Could be discussed about too
    I like that victory rush talent also.rallying cry doesnt share cd you just cant use at same time as last stand

12. Hello there!

Thank you for your guide it has been really helpful although I have one thing to ask.

Regarding the Chest enchant. Why is 20 stats better than 75 stamina?

Thank you for your answer!

Kind regards!

Grie ^^
    I haven't quite tested the benefits, however, I would imagine it is your decision as to what you want.

My opinion is that you gain more from the agility, strength, and stamina than you would with just 75 Stamina.

Rallying Cry > Last Stand, most of the time. Last Stand is a nice talent to have available as it lasts longer and in a moment (most raids now have multiple Warriors for their base DPS enabling Rallying Cry by others) where you need it most - example a tank dies, forcing you to solo-tank Ragnaros Heroic, etc.

It's just situational but I keep it based off personal preference.

I like that victory rush talent also.rallying cry doesnt share cd you just cant use at same time as last stand
    Victory Rush is nice, I used to use it but I do not like it since it only heals ~10-15K making it useless in comparison to Cleave or Thunderclap. The reason I say that is unless you want to have dual specializations or materials to change glyphs, you will be using Thunderclap for AoE Tanking and Single Target quite frequently.

That's my opinion on the matter though. Certain talents are personal preference where as others (Shield Specialization, amongst others) are mandatory to have maxed.

Hope this helps. :D

thingsinlife
    Nice guide, my war wasn't prepared for cata, untill this guide :P

Kaldorel
    ...yet I see so many Warriors needin' Tanks for Random Heroics and what not, which I personally find laughable. And whenever I ask them why they don't just off-spec Prot, I never got an answer better than "Warriors suck as Tanks" or "I'm too dumb to Tank".

Which is what I wonder. I know Prot Warriors are bugged, but are there any critical bugs that completely ruin the class compared to other Tanks, that they're so underplayed? So far I only have a 85'd Blood DK, and really, I'm jellous of Warr's damage mitigation, less-complicated AoE, stuns and, most of all, the mobility. Yet, I know many Warriors, and probably only one or two Prot Warrs...
    Well i play all tanking clases in game but wars are the most fun :) the only problem is the community don't want war tanks.

For example : i /w a guy something like war tank full ctc capped inv

i get the answer back...something around the lines : LOL WAR WITH SHIELD? PUT IT DOWN BOY AND REROLL ARMS <- this **** is sad :S

the general problems is why would we take war tank to raid when we can take bdk or feral druid :S which is sad prot wars are amazing

15. Thank you for the guide, it's been very helpful.
    I'm starting a prot warrior tank now and what seemed like a bunch of mess is now a big bundle of fun :D

First 12345 Last