1. [PvE]Arms Guide - Festival playing style on molten 4.3

Hi ho my nick is Festival, many ppl know me from Frostwolf realm. Have a lot of heros, my main is
    Spoiler: Show
    Ffestival
    - happy arms Warrior.

1. Start

q: Arms vs Fury?
    a: Arms

q: but my friend says fury is beter where have 390+ ilvl
    a: he's lying

q: but im still do more in fury
    a: you do somting wrong

q: okey but stance dance vs battle stance
    a: SD for sure

q: but if i have +200 ms?
    a: now you are right, battle stance is better.

2. Stat Prioritization

retail: 8% Hit Rating -> Strength -> 26 Expertise Rating -> Critical Strike Rating -> Mastery -> Haste

molten: 5% Hit Rating > Strength > 35% Critical Strike Rating > 15 % Mastery > 17/19 Expertise Rating > more Mastery > Haste

3. Talent Specializations & Glyphs

you can use too:

Glyph of Cleaving
    Glyph of Resonating Power
    Glyph of Long Charge

about skills you can read here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Arms-Warrior
    War Academy: Mortal Strike, Slam, and Victory Rush are 15% stronger.

Tactical Mastery: As an Arms Warrior, it is required to use the stance-dance mechanic. This talent is necessary to perform such rotation.

Deep Wounds: Critical strikes cause the opponent to bleed for 48% of your melee’s average damage over 6 seconds.

Taste for Blood: Overpower has a 60% critical strike chance, and your Rend now procs Overpower once every 5 seconds.

Sweeping Strikes: When used, your melee attacks strike an additional nearby opponent.

Impale: Increases the critical strike damage of Mortal Strike, Slam, and Overpower by 20%.

Improved Slam: Decreases the swing time of Slam by 1 second and increases its damage by 20%.

Deadly Calm: Once used, none of your abilities cost rage for the next 10 seconds, but you still continue to generate rage. However, it can’t be used during Inner Rage or Recklessness.

Blood Frenzy: Your bleed effects cause the target to take an extra 4% damage and increases bleed damage taken by the target by 30% for one minute. You also have a 10% chance to generate 20 additional rage with your autoattacks.

Lambs to the Slaughter: Your Mortal Strike refreshes the duration of Rend on the target and increases the damage of Execute, Overpower, Slam, and Mortal Strike by 10% for each stack, stacking up to 3 times. Lasts 15 seconds.

Juggernaut: Charge is now usable in combat and in all stances, and the cooldown reduced by 2 seconds. Following a Charge, your next Slam or Mortal Strike has an additional 25% chance to critically hit.

Sudden Death: Your melee hits have a 6% chance of resetting the cooldown of Colossus Smash and your Execute leaves you with 10 rage.

Wrecking Crew: Your Mortal Strike critical hits Enrage you, increasing your physical damage caused by 10% for 12 seconds.

Bladestorm: A powerful 6 second AoE attack.

Battle Trance: Mortal Strike has a 15% chance to make your next special attack consume no rage.

Cruelty: Mortal Strike has a 10% increase critical strike chance.

Executioner: Execute increases your melee attack speed by 5% for 9 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

Incite: Increases the critical strike chance of Heroic Strike by 15% and gives your Heroic Strike criticals a 100% chance to cause the next one to also be a critical strike. Single-target spec only.

Blood and Thunder: Thunder Clapping a target afflicted by Rend causes all other targets hit by Thunder Clap to be afflicted with Rend as well. Multi-target spec only.
    4. Enchantments & Gems

Head: Arcanum of the Wildhammer (Alliance) / Arcanum of the Dragonmaw (Horde) (+60 Strength, + 35 Mastery Rating)

Shoulder: Greater Inscription of Jagged Stone (+50 Strength, +25 Critical Strike Rating)

Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike (+65 Critical Strike Rating)

Chest: Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats (+20 All Stats)

Bracer: Enchant Bracer - Major Strength (+50 Strength)

Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Mighty Strength (+50 Strength)

Legs: Dragonscale Leg Armor (+190 Attack Power, +55 Critical Strike Rating)

Boots: Enchant Boots - Mastery (+50 Mastery Rating) or Enchant Boots - Lavawalker (+35 mastery, +8% movement increase)

Two-handed Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Landslide (chance for +1000 Attack Power for 12 seconds when striking in melee)

Meta Socket: Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (+54 Strength, +3% Increased Critical Damage)
    one true gem is:
    Bold Inferno Ruby (+40 Strength)
    and sometimes (if you have bonus like +20 str)
    Inscribed Ember Topaz (+20 Strength, +20 Critical Strike Rating)

5. Macro's

sd zone:

#showtooltip Overpower
    /cast Battle Stance
    /cast Overpower

#showtooltip Rend
    /cast Battle Stance
    /cast Rend

#showtooltip Mortal Strike
    /cast Berserker Stance
    /cast Mortal Strike

#showtooltip Execute
    /cast Berserker Stance
    /cast Execute

#showtooltip Shattering Throw
    /cast Battle Stance
    /cast Shattering Throw

#showtooltip Slam
    /cast Berserker Stance
    /cast Slam
    the others

#showtooltip Bladestorm
    /cast Berserker Stance
    /cast sweeping strikes
    /cast Bladestorm

#showtooltip Colossus Smash
    /cast Berserker Stance
    /cast Colossus Smash

#showtooltip trinket + blood fury
    /use 14
    /cast blood fury

#showtooltip charge
    /cast battle stance
    /cast battle shout
    /cast charge

#showtooltip Disarm
    /cast [stance:2] Disarm; [stance:1/3] defensive stance; /p %t disarm

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /cast [stance:2,equipped:shields] Shield Wall; [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance
    /stopmacro [equipped:shields]
    /equip 1h weapon
    /equip Shield
    /stopcast
    /equip 2hand

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
    /cast [stance:1/2,equipped:shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
    /stopmacro [equipped:shields]
    /equip 1hand
    /equip shield
    /stopcast
    /equip 2hand
    6. Rotation Prioritization

1.Mortal Strike - 20 rage, instant, 4.5 sec cd - click always on CD
    2.Overpower - 5 rage, instant - click always on TICK
    3.Slam - 15 rage, 0.485 sec cast - this is more complicated, for beginners use if you have MS on CD dont have OP proc and free Colossus Smash (slam dmg ~~ op dmg but on slam you need more rage)
    4.Heroic Strike - 30 rage, instant, 3 sec cd - **** dmg, 30 rage needed, I only use this where have 60> rage.

burst time

Execute and <20% - 10 rage, only usable on enemies that have less then 20% health, instant - on start <20% use MS, DC get execute stacks, with DC you can spam HS & EX, if not use Op if <30 rage, Execute 30> rage and dont forget about MS.

Deadly Calm - Instant, 2 min cd, For the next 10 sec, none of your abilities cost rage, but you continue to generate rage. Cannot be used during Inner Rage. I use it on start where have Rend, MS and colossus smash.

Recklessness - Instant, 5 min cd, Grants your special attacks an additional 50% chance to critically hit. Lasts 12 sec. If fight is long you can use it after Deadly Calm down, if not wait on <20% phase.

Inner Rage - Instant, 30 sec cd, Reduces the cooldown of heroic strike and cleave by 50% for 15 sec. Its good in <20% phase. use only where you have 80~rage.

7. Tips and the others guide & Screenshots

tips are from this guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Arms-Warrior

1. Never delay Mortal Strike, even if Colossus Smash is off cooldown.

2. Never override existing Colossus Smash debuffs.

3. Never spam Execute right when it’s available for the 5/5 Executioner stacks. Delaying Mortal Strike or Colossus Smash results in a dps loss.

4. Bear in mind that as long as Overpower is used in the 5 second timeframe of the Taste for Blood proc, it is not a dps loss.

5. Only use Heroic Strike or Cleave at about 65 or more rage.

6. Use Heroic Leap and Berserker Rage on cooldown, as they are off the global cooldown and will result in more damage and rage, respectively. However, only use Heroic Leap during Colossus Smash for the extra damage it'd gain.

Note: If the particular encounter requires you at some point to get from Point A to Point B as fast as possible, don't bother with using Heroic Leap for increased dps (unless you're able to land right into the target(s)). In terms of Berserker Rage, obviously don't use it during times where it will go to waste. For example, don't use it during Deadly Calm or above 75 rage (since your effective rage-cap is 75 due to stance-dancing).

7. It is preferred to reach three stacks of Lambs to the Slaughter before using Recklessness and any other on-use trinket that boosts your strength or critical strike rating. Deadly Calm can still be used at any period of the fight since it doesn't get any benefit from having three Lambs to the Slaughter stacks; the move only affects Heroic Strike usage.

8. If you are about to use any cooldowns you may have, always use them with a Colossus Smash for increased burst damage.

9. Use Recklessness near the beginning of the boss encounter so it will be available near the end for Execute phase. Unless the specific encounter is shorter than five minutes, save it for the Execute phase.

10. Only use cooldowns when you know you can take full advantage of them. For example, don't pop any cooldowns when the boss is being kited or if a transition phase is about to occur.

11. Stance-dancing will net you approximately 3-4% more dps if performed correctly. Do it.

12. Try to pool your rage as much as you can. As in, instead of being at the bare minimum for your attacks, try to hover around the 50+ rage mark. This will help with Slam usage since using it causes your swing timer to pause, delaying your rage generation.

13. Try to pop your cooldowns simultaneously/consecutively. For instance, use Deadly Calm and any on-use trinkets together and finish off with Recklessness and Inner Rage once your Deadly Calm is over, since they can't be paired together, unfortunately. If you delay your cooldowns for too long, you may end up losing out on an extra use of them during the fight.

14. If you've reached the pool of rage where Heroic Strike can be used, try to use it during a Colossus Smash for the extra damage it'd gain, as Heroic Strike on its own is a rather weak attack.

15. Always be sure to pre-pot with your Golemblood Potion a second before the encounter is engaged to ensure a high initial dps burst. When your potion comes off of it's cooldown, save it for when the boss is below 20% health, when Execute and Recklessness is ready for use. Don't pop it at any other moment unless there is something that needs to be burned down as quickly as possible and you feel that it's necessary to use it.

16. Study, study, and study the fights. There is no better way to increase your dps than by pointing out moments such as knowing when a certain cooldown is optimal at a specific time, when heroism is going to be used, where excessive rage income happens, and when low rage income happens, among many others. The more you study and realize what needs to be done, the better you will manage your rotation and cooldowns and the way you need to execute your character in specific events.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99U7N1On8D4 the best retail guide I've ever seen.

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-warrior_dps_calculation_spreadsheet/ retail calculator
    http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T13H.htmlhttp://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T13H.html retail dps simulator.

random screenshots on page 2: http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthre...=243803&page=2
    ty and hf

2. That retail video is good for beginners , but I find this one more usefull and good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQweiWrEhw. Good job with the guide , nice.

3. Preach ftw! BALLA guide lol nice as overview

4. copy pasted guide....
    nevertheless gg

5. copy pasted guide....
    nevertheless gg
    Im too lazy, my english is not good, many ppl ask me how to play... so what is wrong with copy where write who wrote it?

6. 5% Hit Rating > Strength > 35% Critical Strike Rating > 15 % Mastery > 17/19 Expertise Rating > more Mastery > Haste
    care to explain in a elaborate fashion why you think that theres a step at 35%crit/15% mastery?

7. I believe there is no real theorycrafting behind the crit and mastery %
    It's just his stats and he does good DPS so he thinks that is the way to go
    He could be right though since he does really well

8. I see many doubts here, to be expected, becouse gide might be a little weird :)

I'm raiding in group with Ffestival and I confirm that he's maxing DPS, haven't seen higher at Frostwolf neither have heard.

9. Trying to balance crit-mastery is way better than goin full of one and let other one low just my opinion since ive seen its goin very well like this.

10. care to explain in a elaborate fashion why you think that theres a step at 35%crit/15% mastery?
    35 crit: easy, its max what you can get with cata gear

15 % mastery: its little more complicated,
    bc mastery on molten works differently from retail.

after many tries like 10 % vs 15% mastery and 15% vs 20% mastery i get "balance" crit vs mastery (on molten with mastery not only oportunity strike deal much more dmg.
    Here we have Slam and Overpower (DD) test it with and w.o mastery this difference is large.
    Next is deep wounds ( yes i know retail definition
    Deep Wounds Level 80
    Requires Warrior
    Requires level 32
    Your Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, and Devastate cause the target to bleed for 1460 (+ 198% of Attack power) Physical damage over 15 sec.
    where only dmg deal from AP its b**** on molten. )
    yes, on molten this **** can top dps in my recount on boss like ragnaros, next which works with mastery is sweeping strikes the difference may not be large but still its like bonus.

Its my plaing style, for sure i pick items with crit (burst my overall dps), but 2 stat is mastery.

ps.
    oh and what i saw on molten, more mastery = better burst, more crit = better overall dps.

ty, have a nice night

11. bc mastery on molten works differently from retail.
    how is it different? how is +5% mastery better when you have 10% than when you have 15%.
    you are claiming that abilitys like Slam and Overpower are doing more damage with more mastery. how do you test that (its not like one can simply switch on and off mastery)?

lastly your quoted deep wounds is from burning crusade and was changed in patch 3.0.2 .. of course its not working like that on molten, which is at patch 4.3.3 oO

im sorry you may be a decent warrior, but your reasonings are just chaotic and you dont provide a single proof for any of your claims + some things (like that Deep Wounds) are just plain wrong. "Its better!" doesnt prove anything.

12. how is it different? how is +5% mastery better when you have 10% than when you have 15%.
    you are claiming that abilitys like Slam and Overpower are doing more damage with more mastery. how do you test that (its not like one can simply switch on and off mastery)?

lastly your quoted deep wounds is from burning crusade and was changed in patch 3.0.2 .. of course its not working like that on molten, which is at patch 4.3.3 oO

im sorry you may be a decent warrior, but your reasonings are just chaotic and you dont provide a single proof for any of your claims + some things (like that Deep Wounds) are just plain wrong. "Its better!" doesnt prove anything.
    how is it different?

can prove it recount, with less than 15 does much less damage (with 10~~% mastery my dps less like <5k~~ dps on dummies) , above difference is not as much so beneficial is crit for me.

and yes you are is winner in this discussion, i do not have clear evidence, its only my thoughts.

13. I see many doubts here, to be expected, becouse gide might be a little weird :)

I'm raiding in group with Ffestival and I confirm that he's maxing DPS, haven't seen higher at Frostwolf neither have heard.
    Care to share any screenshots of hes DPS? I have seen higher trust me then he has done :). Altho it would be fun to see how much he does compare to me and the other warriors i know of on Frostwolf :D

In regards to the testing with crit agenst mastery dicussion

To be honest its hard to test on a dummy since your mostly not gonna be DPSing a dummy right? you have to test it in Firelands most likley... In my opinion dummies are not a acurate way to messure your DPS/Damage done but thats just me. Someone needs to do some serious theorycrafting with proof and calculations and an actual answer to all our questions imo.. can't just say A is better then B because that's what i think :D.

Personally i go with crit over mastery but i havent tried to mix it or stack mastery or test mastery but mastery is not a ''useless'' stat, it actually does a lot of your DPS as an arms warrior :)

14. Care to share any screenshots of hes DPS? I have seen higher trust me then he has done :). Altho it would be fun to see how much he does compare to me and the other warriors i know of on Frostwolf :D
    ok, in next Tuesday i make all screenshot from all boss in FL, maybe you can print and poste here too?

Why not in this week? i have ****ty connection, and yesterday format my pc, still download WoW so laggy...

ps.
    or we can go on same FL 25.

15. Imma try to get some screenshoots along with Kelth this week in firelands.Cheers.

123 ... Last