1. can anyone explain why my prot war capped ctc then still get physic dmg from trash and bosses in FL ?

2. nice guide i hope it'll help me alot in tanking

flobots
    1.stack mastery till 100%, ctc(2,5% comes from buffs)
    2.dont stack stamina(it is ok you can use some hybdrid gems) stamina comes from gear so its not worth it.
    3.always be sure to have prismatic elixiir=90 resistance thingy improving passive mitigation even more and well feed food
    4.listen your favorite music while you play \m/
    5.use vigilance please:)
    6.always use cds abilities dont be afraid to use them(even in trash mobs in hcs i sometimes pop shield wall)this is when you feel you will take alot of dmg and its only 2mins cd!
    7.always be the leader of the dungeon(because thats what are we :p)
    8.know when to give up and take a break ;p
    9.Duskwood global- like a tank (check it on youtube ;p)

4. War Tank Stats Help.

Im gearing my tank atm, i have most of the gear im 372 ilvl all pve, char name is Striven on Sargaras or however you spell it.

1. I know mastery is #1 for tanks, but what do i do with my Dodge/Parry? Should i balanced them out and keep them as close as possible to equal or just let them be whatever the gear gives me?

2. VP Gear, whats the best thing to get? Depend on stats or whats biggest upgrade?

3.I feel like I take alot of DMG then most tanks and idk if im putting a train on the healers as much as i think i am.Is it the gear? or am i not managing my stats to well?

This is all for now that i can think of, if you guys could give me your opinions i would appreciate it very much. The people that give me the info could u prove to me that you are basing it off experience or statistics not just personal preference. Thank you

5. Im gearing my tank atm, i have most of the gear im 372 ilvl all pve, char name is Striven on Sargaras or however you spell it.

1. I know mastery is #1 for tanks, but what do i do with my Dodge/Parry? Should i balanced them out and keep them as close as possible to equal or just let them be whatever the gear gives me?

2. VP Gear, whats the best thing to get? Depend on stats or whats biggest upgrade?

3.I feel like I take alot of DMG then most tanks and idk if im putting a train on the healers as much as i think i am.Is it the gear? or am i not managing my stats to well?

This is all for now that i can think of, if you guys could give me your opinions i would appreciate it very much. The people that give me the info could u prove to me that you are basing it off experience or statistics not just personal preference. Thank you
    Replied in PM. <3

6. ty for the guide
    Not a problem. I had to update it but I haven't had the time or motivation to right now. I'm waiting on Dragon Soul to update my guides. :P

7. I kind off have the same problem as the other guy from above, i have a prot warr main il 388 running 90,7% ctc but it still feels like i need far more healing then any other tanks class i play (paladin,dk)

Today i compaired my damage taken on murozond (last boss in end time)
    I took 1.4 million dmg and my DK friend took around the same.
    I know these numbers aren't that reliable but still, if feels like i need far more healing then any other class.

How about parry and dodge? Should i really ignore it?
    I'm at a dead end since i rather not donate for gear anymore.

And when you reach the ctc cap, isnt anything over it a waste?, like on dps classes you wouldnt want more hit as needed

Looking forward for some answers

Kaldorel
    I kind off have the same problem as the other guy from above, i have a prot warr main il 388 running 90,7% ctc but it still feels like i need far more healing then any other tanks class i play (paladin,dk)

Today i compaired my damage taken on murozond (last boss in end time)
    I took 1.4 million dmg and my DK friend took around the same.
    I know these numbers aren't that reliable but still, if feels like i need far more healing then any other class.

How about parry and dodge? Should i really ignore it?
    I'm at a dead end since i rather not donate for gear anymore.

And when you reach the ctc cap, isnt anything over it a waste?, like on dps classes you wouldnt want more hit as needed

Looking forward for some answers
    Well reaching ctc cap is a must for shield tank. idk how you dont have it with ilvl 388. thats insane. The idea of ctc is never get hit for 100% dmg. Meaning you will parry, dodge, boss might miss or you will block.

CTC cap is 102.4 you running at 90,7% meaning you have 11.7 % chance to get hit by 100% of boss melee attack. Reforge to mastery first. get vp master trinket. gem for mastery till you reach that number. i use Mastery elexir which gives 300 mastery - nice block boost.

After Ctc cap you got 5 options

1. Maintain 102.4% cap, maximize stamina afterwords
    *Large EF for spikey/magic/raid damage.
    *Greater effect from Souldrinker (minimal?).
    *If healers enter god mode with their mana regen, this will work well.

2. Maintain 102.4% cap, maximize avoidance.
    *Periods of no damage possible
    *great "over all" dmg reduction, but is more spikey.
    *would sacrifice some critical block (using less mastery to reach unhittable).
    *Magic damage unaffected.

3. Keep stacking mastery for Critical block, past 102.4% cap.
    *Possible(?) to get near 80% (100% with shield block) critical block by end game, ~5500 Mastery. (Talk about non-spikey damage, that's like a shield wall with 100% up time!)
    *May not be the most effective solution, point for point.
    *Magic damage unaffected.

4. Maintain 102.4% cap, maximize expertize/hit/strength.
    *Gemming for str will make our 2-piece more potent.
    *Gemming for hit/exp will ensure the 2-piece shield is up every revenge.
    *Gemming for crit may have a small effect on the two piece, as well.
    *Tight Ultraxion enrage timer's may make this more viable for progression.

5. Last option is basicly all of the above. Ballance things.

Info from mmo champion. was too lazy to type it so i copy paste xD

9. I reforged everything to mastery, gemmed as most mastery as i can and i'm running 23.55% mastery.

Following statistics:
    Ilvl 390
    Dodge: 13.87%
    Parry: 18.61%
    Block: 55%
    Ctc: 92.48%

here's a link to my armory: http://armory.molten-wow.com/character-profile/Jelmer/Sargeras/

10. isnt 75 stamina better than 20 all stats for a chest enchant?

Kaldorel
    I reforged everything to mastery, gemmed as most mastery as i can and i'm running 23.55% mastery.

Following statistics:
    Ilvl 390
    Dodge: 13.87%
    Parry: 18.61%
    Block: 55%
    Ctc: 92.48%

here's a link to my armory: http://armory.molten-wow.com/character-profile/Jelmer/Sargeras/
    Well your dodge is super low. what trinekts you got? get a mastery trinket! keep your parry 1% higher then dodge.

if you have hit or expertise on piece reforge it to mastery (if the piece has mastery on it and hit/experstise reforge hit/expertise to dodge then). if you got mastery + parry on piece reforge parry to dodge ( keep parry 1% higher then dodge becouse of Diminishing returns) if you got dodge + parry you can reforge parry to mastery. basicly leavign dodge alone.

Use mastery food + mastery elevir thats another 390 mastery GG!

if you still not ctc capped after that idk whats wrong.. i was capped at ilvl 374.

what gems you using?

12. Well your dodge is super low. what trinekts you got? get a mastery trinket! keep your parry 1% higher then dodge.

if you have hit or expertise on piece reforge it to mastery (if the piece has mastery on it and hit/experstise reforge hit/expertise to dodge then). if you got mastery + parry on piece reforge parry to dodge ( keep parry 1% higher then dodge becouse of Diminishing returns) if you got dodge + parry you can reforge parry to mastery. basicly leavign dodge alone.

Use mastery food + mastery elevir thats another 390 mastery GG!

if you still not ctc capped after that idk whats wrong.. i was capped at ilvl 374.

what gems you using?
    That's exactly how i'm reforged :p,
    trinkets that i use are Fire in the Deep and Scales of Life.
    Blue gems = 20 mastery 30 sta
    Yellow gems = 40 mastery
    Red gems = 20 parry 20 mastery

Kaldorel
    That's exactly how i'm reforged :p,
    trinkets that i use are Fire in the Deep and Scales of Life.
    Blue gems = 20 mastery 30 sta
    Yellow gems = 40 mastery
    Red gems = 20 parry 20 mastery
    well ctc cap is most important. so drop stamina trinket and get mastery one. Use elexir of mastery and mastery food!

hm idk what to add more. make sure all your gear is pve i queess. pvp pieces arent worth it for mroe stamina losing 200 parry or 200 mastery is a lot for a war who wants ctc cap.

Blmaestro
    That is true, however, there is one bug that prevents mastery from being the ultimate stat.

http://forum.molten-wow.com/bugtraq.php?do=view&vbug_id=11416

On retail you stacked mastery since, any excess block during Shield Block would get converted into Critical Block. However, some ppl here suggest that this component isn't working as intended.

Therefore, I would recommend stacking mastery until you are ctc capped outside of Shield block.

First ... 2345 Last