1. Making a rogue.

Hello, im about to make new character. I pick rogue. As new rogue i have some questions in my head.
    1.What is best weapons for sublety rogue? Why?
    2. Why here is so low population of rogues in wotlk realms? Underpowered class, bugged or just nobody knows how to play it?
    Or i just should go play feral druid since it's easier to play and require lower skills. Becouse i know rogue i used to play it for 1 year and i know it's really hard class to play in WOTLK.

2. Hello, im about to make new character. I pick rogue. As new rogue i have some questions in my head.
    1.What is best weapons for sublety rogue? Why?
    2. Why here is so low population of rogues in wotlk realms? Underpowered class, bugged or just nobody knows how to play it?
    Or i just should go play feral druid since it's easier to play and require lower skills. Becouse i know rogue i used to play it for 1 year and i know it's really hard class to play in WOTLK.
    Feral is mooooooar hard then rogue....u have to master bear and cat form, u have to heal u and your partner, chain CC in cat form bear form and human form.

1 ) Btw best weapon for rogue sub is LK 25H dagger (always forgot name + lungbreaker)
    2 ) Rogue in wotlk are strong the problem is that 80% of the population are ***** dk retri war that waiting for a ret4rd lolmourne.

3. Rogue is a very good and unique class in Wotlk, they are not many because most of people want to faceroll things with Warr, Ret, Dk, Boomkins, Elesham etc., but a rogue's purpose is not to play like them, to rush to battle and do mass Dps and AoE Dps. If you play that way, well you're gonna get insta gibbed and you'll think that your class is weak.

In BG's, rogues are supposed to do specific things, things that other classes cannot do, because they are stealthers with good stuns and CC. As a rogue you're supposed to lock down the healer, to catch a caster who's nuking your team-mates from range and reap him, and to go from points/flags/objectives to another and (ninja) cap them.

Once you know and have accepted that, you'll love the class. Of course you won't top killing blows / damage done, just because you're not supposed to. Even if a skilled rogue can take many classes.

Last thing, druids are not easier, and have a much different playstyle which is hard to master aswell, as you gotta master bear form, kite, heal, restealth. Just because both use energy does not mean their gameplay is the same, or close to the same.

Edit : as for Arenas, just try 2v2 with rogue and Spriest. If both know what to do, it's one of the best team available.

4. Feral is mooooooar hard then rogue.....
    I wouldn't say that. Feral have things thay make their life much easier than rogues : their mobility is way better, they can take more damage and can heal. Still, a good feral druid has to master more keybinds than a rogue, which often makes a difference. If you always stay in cat form, well you can do some damage with good gear, but you'll use only 50% of you're potential.

5. Best weapons should be 284 dagger from Lich King, since it has overall top damage which is basically what you'd want on a main hand. As for offhand I roll with the 277ilvl Lungbreaker which has arp.

6. May 12, 2015  
    Feral is mooooooar hard then rogue....u have to master bear and cat form, u have to heal u and your partner, chain CC in cat form bear form and human form.

1 ) Btw best weapon for rogue sub is LK 25H dagger (always forgot name + lungbreaker)
    2 ) Rogue in wotlk are strong the problem is that 80% of the population are ***** dk retri war that waiting for a ret4rd lolmourne.
    LK 25H dagger = http://www.wowhead.com/item=50736
    (Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies)

7. May 12, 2015  
    Hello, ballaz!

If what you like is skulking around and stalking your unwitting targets, then you made the right choice picking Rogue.

1) Subtlety uses a dagger in the main hand. The slower the better. Usually slow daggers are 1.80 speed, although there are some exceptions during leveling with 2.00 speed. You can put anything in the offhand, but it is recommended that it is a quick weapon so that Shiv will cost less Energy. The best dagger in the game is the above-linked Heaven's Fall, dropping from Lich King 25-man.

2) The Rogue class is not so popular on Warmane because it suffers from several core bugs, and because not many bother to learn the class. Rogues in general are not very popular for WotLK PvE as they do not offer anything to the raid, apart from pure DPS, which other classes can also offer.

8. May 12, 2015  
    ...2) ... Rogues in general are not very popular for WotLK PvE as they do not offer anything to the raid, apart from pure DPS, which other classes can also offer.
    Combat rogs offer Savage Combat talent which increases all physical damage by 4%. And in Encore, we always try to have one combat rog per run.

9. May 12, 2015  
    This only matters in 25-mans and when the raid composition is heavy on physical DPS. Otherwise not. And even so, that's 1 Combat Rogue...

...and 3-4 Palas, Hunters, Mages, Shamen ... (any other class except Rogues).
    Edited: May 12, 2015

10. May 12, 2015  
    Well, nib gelds be nib gelds. :P
    End game combat does really decent dps now, due to some recent fixes and 4% physical damage more from war(s), palas, hunts (their pets), DKs, feral(s) is not a small thing to neglect. We're doing 2-3 25HCs per week, both icc and RS and combat rog is always a welcome class.

11. May 12, 2015  
    This only matters in 25-mans and when the raid composition is heavy on physical DPS. Otherwise not. And even so, that's 1 Combat Rogue...

...and 3-4 Palas, Hunters, Mages, Shamen ... (any other class except Rogues).
    Rogues are fine for Bane, too. Good players get invites regardless.

If anything, getting an invite as a good rogue is easier than any other class. There's a super small amount of endgame main rogues on WOTLK servers and the few of us who are good are generally known for it. Good rogues stand out like a sore thumb.

Good rogues also aren't a hindrance to raids and provide meaningful damage combined with a raid buff and threat management. There's not a lot of us out there but we do exist and our guilds tend to like us a lot.

12. June 5, 2015  
    Best Weapons: Heaven's Fall HC + Lungbreaker HC

Rolling a rogue is hard, because its hard to play, but it can give you so much fun. Rogues are not like other (noob) classes, like ******ins, warrs and dks who donate lolmournes and do so much dmg just smashing their heads in keyboards, Rogue needs hands to play with it. You are a stealth class, so in a bg you wont top kills or dmg, you go for objetives, like Alterac, a rogue wont be in fights, you will go to burn Alliance (or horde if you are a gay ally) towers in stealth, and camp in stealth, or camp bases in Arathi Basin, camp your Flag in Warsong Gulch... In arenas, Rogue needs perfect class control, and if you play Subrogue/Frostmage, Subrogue/Shadow or Subrogue/Disc, it can give you more regards than all noobs playing easy combos like Hpala/Warr, Rdudu/Warr and others with Lolmournes and no hands/brain

13. June 8, 2015  
    you wont top kills or dmg,
    I beg to differ. If you can't even bother learning to the point of being able to hold your own as a rogue than don't bother playing one at all because you are a liability to the team. I don't like seeing 5 rogues in a 15 man bg and then 4 of them being close to useless when they could have been great meat shields as a plate wearer.

It's going to take a lot of work to be effective as a rogue. Mostly you need to know when to engage and when to wait for the right moment to engage. Eventually you should be able to always either be in combat, eating or going to somewhere to get into combat. The less time you sit around waiting for an opportune moment to engage the better. You don't want to be one of those rogues that just waits for cleanup kills.

14. Go rogue with improved bleedings and it's a GG.

15. A) I'm going to make a rogue aswell. I wanna ask if it's worth making rogue for PVE and what PVE spec is the best? As Diamtee said

Combat rogs offer Savage Combat talent which increases all physical damage by 4%. And in Encore, we always try to have one combat rog per run.
    Is combat rogue that useful? I just don't wanna have trouble with joining any group or guild runs.

B) One more question (Yes/No bcs i dont wanna start new thread) If rogue is not worth is Fire Mage PVE better than combat rogue?
    Edited: June 28, 2015

123 Last