1. meanwhile 90% of the warlocks on mop are playing destruction cuz it's way easier to play, deleting people from the game with 2 spells and it has more survivability than affliction, i'd say affli is more challenging than destro is.
    where are they ? :P all of them hiding at ally side ? :P
    more challenging when you get a random healer ,put dots everywhere spam fear + silense ..../facepalm

2. Let me ask you then! What is challenging in playing destro? You don't have mobility and vs melee you are total crap especially warriors and monks. Your only helpfull spell is conflagrate and shadowfury (Oh wait destro lock have fear so that means it can spam it). Chaos bolt is easily interruptable or LoSed. Destro is good for 2v2 arenas and rbgs/duels. If you want challenge you go affli with LSD all way to the rank 1 (Blizzard approved it).

P.S. Playing with healer in 2v2 is lame. As warlock your best partner is boomy, dk and warr or shaman.

3. where are they ? :P all of them hiding at ally side ? :P
    more challenging when you get a random healer ,put dots everywhere spam fear + silense ..../facepalm
    still more challenging than casting havoc>chaos bolt and killing 2 people with 1 spell.
    i don't see why you are mentioning healers here, it's like destro can't have a random healer as well? not that they need one tho, since you can just ember tap to full health.
    and about "spam fear and silence", maybe you forgot, but destro locks spam fear and silence too?

4. Dot's and run is a pressure tactict ? well propably it is for players that cant survive as destro lock above 1k rating :P or in BGs with 0 enemies on you for 10 minutes :D

All players that failed hard as Destro warlock change to affliction to get some rating and be proud of it. As you can see ONLY few Destro warlocks exist in wow servers and UNLIMITED afflictions. (DEMO also need balls to play it)
    I feel like that reply came from a kid or a troll, hope its the later.

Who said "DoT and Run" ?

Step 1 : Get a brain
    Step 2 : Use it !

5. I feel like that reply came from a kid or a troll, hope its the later.
    !
    Spoiler: Show

Anyways, Affliction is undoubtedly more difficult to play as it scales heavily on gear and relies more on slower, non-burst play.

6. I feel like that reply came from a kid or a troll, hope its the later.

Who said "DoT and Run" ?

Step 1 : Get a brain
    Step 2 : Use it !
    1st Law : Don't feed the forum trolls
    2nd law : Never get advices from "affliction" players.

Just for history , for me and at least for few more warlocks that i know is 100 easier to play affliction than Destro or DEMO.

7. Let me ask you then! What is challenging in playing destro? You don't have mobility and vs melee you are total crap especially warriors and monks. Your only helpfull spell is conflagrate and shadowfury (Oh wait destro lock have fear so that means it can spam it). Chaos bolt is easily interruptable or LoSed. Destro is good for 2v2 arenas and rbgs/duels. If you want challenge you go affli with LSD all way to the rank 1 (Blizzard approved it).

P.S. Playing with healer in 2v2 is lame. As warlock your best partner is boomy, dk and warr or shaman.
    the sole fact that destro has less mobility is why it is more challenging. im no warlock mlg champ but i have tried all 3 specs and afli is a lot easier than the other 2 . and before anyone comes in saying demo ezspec spam touch of chaos ggwp i would like to see you try ^-^ ._. i mean srsly now ._. dest>demo>Afli .

8. the sole fact that destro has less mobility is why it is more challenging. im no warlock mlg champ but i have tried all 3 specs and afli is a lot easier than the other 2 . and before anyone comes in saying demo ezspec spam touch of chaos ggwp i would like to see you try ^-^ ._. i mean srsly now ._. dest>demo>Afli .

im not sure how you tested demo out because i found to be almost totally broke :(

9. im not sure how you tested demo out because i found to be almost totally broke :(
    it is totaly broke ;3 but shhh nobody has to know about that >_> waitin for demfixes for quite some time now T_T

10. it is totaly broke ;3 but shhh nobody has to know about that >_> waitin for demfixes for quite some time now T_T
    im not sure if you found any " positive " buggs , but my experience with demo is this , unless they have fixed something recently other than the corruption and legion strike

my experience with demonology on MoP :

- demonic fury generation not working correctly

- damage/mastery not working correctly

other things :

- touch of chaos does not refresh Doom duration

- cannot use demonic gate in demon form ( you should have two , with seperate costs and cooldowns , one costing mana in caster form , another costing fury ) , cannot be used in demo

- demonic leap not fully working

- cannont use demonic gateway in demon form

- chaos wave does not seem to reduce movement speed

- imp swarm glyph not being affected by haste

- wilp imp proc not fully working

- hand of gul dan - shadowflame is dispellable by pvp trinkets , ( when used to remove slow also removes dot )

- felguard - legion strike debuff does not seem to work

- hellfire should not be channeled spell at higher levels

- glyph of demon hunting not working ( hardly important anyway )

grimoires of supremacy pets do not work correctly , do not generate demonic fury correctly and only have 100 fel energy instead of 200

a lot of broken stuff , i dont see it getting fix anytime soon

11. i dont know it's a bug or what...but pets even GOS pets r totally useless. their dps is so low that u only use them for soul link..nothing more.

12. I am a pure pvp player (A lock with 2,3k exp on AT as affliction and destruction.). That means I got 2 pvp speccs. ATM (ofc) Destruction and affliction. And I felt that afflictions playstyle has not changed in comparison to cata. For me that means that its indeed easier than destruction and less fun. Dont cry but affliction pvp is very often like affliction pve. You have something like a "rotation" much more than destruction.

Its true that there are many skilled guys outside which are very good in arenas with affliction. But skill does not scale very well with affliction in my opinion but very well with destruction (also because of the huge amount of melee classes out there).

But I like both speccs and playing both speccs whenever I want.

Sorry for mistakes, my english is not perfect :)

13. I am a pure pvp player (A lock with 2,3k exp on AT as affliction and destruction.). That means I got 2 pvp speccs. ATM (ofc) Destruction and affliction. And I felt that afflictions playstyle has not changed in comparison to cata. For me that means that its indeed easier than destruction and less fun. Dont cry but affliction pvp is very often like affliction pve. You have something like a "rotation" much more than destruction.

Its true that there are many skilled guys outside which are very good in arenas with affliction. But skill does not scale very well with affliction in my opinion but very well with destruction (also because of the huge amount of melee classes out there).

But I like both speccs and playing both speccs whenever I want.

Sorry for mistakes, my english is not perfect :)
    +100 Finally someone post true facts about both specs. (I am playing both specs too)

14. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but honestly; Destro and Demonology Are not for Competitive PVP, these specs are just for messing around, does not matter how "Challenging" They are, if you think they ARE actually viable, Show me a Destro in top 30 Arena teams, beceause it's easy to theorycraft and brag about how you play a hard spec, but when it comes to reality Only Affliction is What gets the job done.
    Edited: April 10, 2015

15. Both destro and affliction are great. In arenas, destro requires excellent coordination/cc-chains. Affliction requires excellent awareness, decent teamwork and broad vision (as opposed to tunnel vision).

Basically destro is about the teamwork, affliction is about the player.

First 1234 Last