1. MoP PvE Feral damage

UPDATE: added a bugtracker thread -> http://bugtracker.warmane.com/issues/13235

Sorry for making another thread but I think we should make some more noise about this troubling issue.
    I have never posted a ticket on the bugtracker so I thought I should make a topic here first before doing that.
    With that being said let's cut to the chase!

So, a lot of people tried out ferals on MoP and a lot of them got a feeling that there is something wrong with our damage. No matter how hard we try and how perfectly we execute our "rotation", we still get easily outdpsed by other classes. Well, since I would never give up the joy of playing my cat for a warrior or some other buffed up class, I decided to go deeper into this problem. I assembled my character in Rawr and put on all the gear and enchants/gems I have in game and proceeded to import that file into SimulationCraft. The results were quite revealing and here are some of the things I found:

1. Rip - this was my first hunch, our biggest damaging ability, surely it had to cause some problems for the overall data. Turns out it's working quite well! Aside from some issues with damage ceilings that I will mention later, this skill is working as it should and is contributing 27% of my dps - again, as expected.

2. Melee - the hit and crit portions (again, apart from some damage ceiling issues) work as they should. The problem tho is that Glancing blows are happening a lot more often than expected, which is causing melee damage to drop from the projected ~22% to about ~18%.

Here are the projected results:

And here are the actual ones (bear in mind that I did multiple simulation runs and actual in-game tests):

3. Rake - as to my suspicion, this is where most of the problems come from. This ability, which should be competing with Rip in damage (at least on this tier), fell from the projected ~27% dps contribution to only ~15% dps contribution. This is a HUGE dps loss, especially with more stats being fueled into mastery!

Projected data:

Actual data:

4. Damage ceiling weirdness - one other thing that stood out of place is how even on spells that had their dps correct, somehow the max damage numbers were always quite lower than they should be, but I guess that isn't really a huge issue seeing that the dps output is the same. Fine tuning I guess. This issue can be seen in the above examples: the minimal crit value is fine, but the maximal one is much lower than it was projected.

Note: the in-game tests were done between 2 berserk cooldowns so all in all a 3 minute rundown per test. Other influental numbers were pulled from my memory, from the recount data I analyzed after every boss encounter.

There are probably some other bugs out there, but these ones stood out. So, if you guys have anything to add, you're welcome to do so and I would be very excited if this got looked at by some devs. I love ferals and I hope we can go progressing in ToT with knowing that the work we put into our role is rewarded with some nice big bleed ticks. ^^

2. when warriors deal more bleed damage than ferals #molten :D

3. You should create constructive bug report about this... Lots of people will upvote this for fixes. But only few understand mechanins and have played retail to tell what is wrong. Be that guy - create bugs reports :)

4. You should create constructive bug report about this... Lots of people will upvote this for fixes. But only few understand mechanins and have played retail to tell what is wrong. Be that guy - create bugs reports :)
    Yeah, I'm planning to. It's just that I never created bug threads so I wanted to check it with the forums first. :)

5. I think developers do not read threads like this. You need to upload bugreport into bugtracker to attract devs attention. I noticed that feral cant really hit hard on me (I'm player resto in pvp) so quess in rades they also do lower damage compared to other class. I would like to run few dungeons then ferals damage will be at least OK :)

6. TBH, i was doing decent dps with 490 ilvl in feral (120kish)
    maybe you're doing something wrong, overlapping buffed bleeds, not lining up all procs, etc etc.
    as far as i concerned feral bleeds hits so damn hard.

7. TBH, i was doing decent dps with 490 ilvl in feral (120kish)
    maybe you're doing something wrong, overlapping buffed bleeds, not lining up all procs, etc etc.
    as far as i concerned feral bleeds hits so damn hard.
    I'm not. I am talking about a dummy/only-self-buffed test, and believe me, I ran quite a few sims and tests of my own, so the post isn't uninformed. I did close to 200k today in MSV, but that's another issue called buff stacking.

8. I noticed extra glancings and rake sucking *** too, but I lost all my faith in lolten seeing as this is in the bugtracker since a while ago and they seem to not care about druids in general. (check the boomkin bug list for future reference, if they have 3 abilities working correctly it's a miracle).

9. I noticed extra glancings and rake sucking *** too, but I lost all my faith in lolten seeing as this is in the bugtracker since a while ago and they seem to not care about druids in general. (check the boomkin bug list for future reference, if they have 3 abilities working correctly it's a miracle).
    Huh, I just put it in the bugtracker, and there wasn't any issue about it before? There was one on Hellscream but it was basically just saying "bleeds no work" :D

10. I agree that Rake is broken. Does way too less damage, also in PvP. Ravage haven't been fixed either. A part from that, it's not that bad to PvE as a feral.

11. I agree that Rake is broken. Does way too less damage, also in PvP. Ravage haven't been fixed either. A part from that, it's not that bad to PvE as a feral.
    What with Ravage? That I haven't tested, but I saw there's a bug with Incarnation (which I don't use).

As for your second point, yeah, we can do PvE, but it's just so depressing when we put so much work into our spec only to be beaten by average players that play some other class. Who knows, maybe things changed a lot, but in WotLK I knew that when playing a feral I get rewarded for all that work.

Btw, I added a link to a bugtracker thread, so you can check it out now. :)

12. Just checked my post on the BugTracker and I saw that a dev removed the part about Rake and damage ceilings. What it means I do not know, but the issue is still "unconfirmed". :(

13. They are working on Wod no one cares about the monks shi..t (feral cat) anymore. But there is no PvE so who cares these free kill bosses are some jokes for me. At retal to kill these bosses for first time you need like 2 weeks in molten they die in a 2 hour... yes they are working "fine".
    Edited: April 11, 2015

14. After the last update concerning "mastery fixes", Rip and Rake deal even lower damage. Rip fell from 30% to less than 25%. :/

15. May 9, 2015  
    I really doubt that someone will take care for this ... I'm losing hope.