2: Talents & Glyphs
    3: Stats, Gems, Professions & Enchants
    4: Reforging & Poisons
    5: Macros
    6: Preferred End-Game Gear
    7: Epilogue

Introduction
    Spoiler: Show
    This guide is aimed at people who are new to rogues but want to learn how to play them. I'm going to be covering most of the basics of how to play a rogue and how to utilize the abilities

Abilities

Damage:
    Ambush(Shadow Dance): Ambush is a very hard hitting ability only useable in stealth, so you need shadow dance to use it
    Backstab: Backstab is your main damaging ability outside of burst, it does alot of damage but you have to be behind your target to use it
    Hemorrhage: Hemorrhage is a bleed ability that does instant damage, usually applied just after you open up on the target, followed by a row of backstabs. Use when you cant get behind your target, but mainly just try to backstab and keep the hemorrhage debuff on your target
    Eviscerate: Strong finishing move, eviscerate is good to use while bursting, but dont use it unless you dont have anything else to use the combo points on

Utility:
    Blind: blind disorientates your target for 8 seconds, making them unable to control their character, damaging someone while they are blinded will break it
    Sap: saps the target for 8 seconds, any damage will break this effect. Sap can only be used in stealth
    Cheap Shot: cheap shot stuns the target for 4 seconds
    Kidney Shot: stuns the target for 6 seconds, cheap shot and kidney shot share DR
    Gouge: saps the target for 4 seconds, useable in combat. Shares DR with sap
    Garrote: Silences the target for 4 seconds and applies a bleed effect
    Smoke Bomb: Surrounds your character with a smoke cloud making enemy players unable to target into or out of the smoke bomb, best used when enemy players are spread out and you have a full stun on your target
    Shadowstep: teleports you behind your target and increases the damage done by ambush
    Vanish: allows you to stealth, for the first 3 seconds you move faster and damaging abilities do not break stealth
    Preperation: Resets the cooldown of sprint, vanish, shadowstep, kick, dismantle & smoke bomb
    Tricks of the Trade: Increases your friendly targets damage done by 15% for 30 seconds.
    Feint: Reduces damage taken from AoE by 50% for 6 seconds
    Redirect: Transfers any existing combo points to your current target
    Cloak of Shadows: Removes all harmful spells and makes you immune to spells for 5 seconds
    Shiv: Removes any enrage effects on your target and instantly applies your off-hand poison
    Evasion: Greatly increases your dodge chance for 15 seconds

Talents & Glyphs

Talents:

Glyphs:

Stats, Gems, Professions & Enchants

Stats:
    Agility: This is the main stat for a rogue, agility increases your attack power and also increases your critical hit chance
    Hit: You need 5% hit chance for the hit cap
    Crit: Other than agility and hit cap, crit is the most important stat for a rogue, try to get as much crit as possible
    Haste: Haste is less important than the stats listed above, but it is still good to have for energy regeneration.
    Mastery: This is the least important stat for a rogue, it's good to have for finishing moves but try not to get mastery items if you can avoid it
    Hit>Agility>Crit>Haste>Mastery

Gems:
    Gemming is quite straight forward for a rogue, basically you put 40+ agility(50+ if honor gems) in every gem socket, the meta gem is +54 agility and 3% increased critical effect

Professions:
    Blacksmithing: I picked blacksmithing as a profession to get because the 2 extra gem sockets it gives is very nice to have.
    Tailoring: I picked tailoring as a profession to get because I prefer Swordguard Embroidery over the +65 crit.

Enchants:
    Head Enchant: Vicious Agility
    Shoulder Enchant: Vicious Agility
    Chest Enchant: Peerless Stats
    Cloak Enchant: Swordguard Embroidery
    Wrist Enchant: Agility
    Glove Enchant: Haste
    Leg Enchant: Dragonscale Leg Armor
    Boots Enchant: Major Agility
    Waist Enchant: Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
    Main-Hand Weapon Enchant: Landslide
    Off-Hand Weapon Enchant: Pyrium Weapon Chain

Reforging & Poisons

Reforging

If you don't have hit cap from gearing and enchanting, reforge into hit until you have 5% hit, then reforge the rest into crit

Poisons

Main-Hand: Wound Poison
    Off-Hand: Crippling Poison
    Thrown: Crippling Poison

Macros

Code:
    Sap Stealth Unit Macro:
     #showtooltip Sap
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast [stance:1/3, harm, nodead] Sap
    Code:
     Stealth Macro:
    #showtooltip Stealth
    /cast !Stealth
    Code:
     Step Kick Macro:
    #showtooltip Shadowstep
    /cast Shadowstep
    /cast Kick
    Code:
     Focus Step Kick Macro:
    #showtooltip Shadowstep
    /cast [@focus] Shadowstep
    /cast [@focus] Kick
    Code:
     Focus Redirect Macro:
    #showtooltip Redirect
    /cast [@focus] Redirect
    Code:
     Focus Kidney Shot Macro:
    #showtooltip Kidney Shot
    /cast [@focus] Kidney Shot
    Code:
     Focus Blind Macro:
    #showtooltip Blind
    /cast [@focus] Blind
    Code:
     Focus Sap Macro:
    #showtooltip Sap
    /cast [@focus] Sap
    Code:
     Ruthless Burst Macro:
    #showtooltip Shadow Dance
    /use Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
    /cast Shadow Dance
    Code:
     Cataclysmic Burst Macro:
    #showtooltip Shadow Dance
    /use Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
    /cast Shadow Dance
    Code:
     Focus Kick Macro:
    #showtooltip Kick
    /cast [@focus] Kick
    Code:
     Deadly Throw Macro:
    #showtooltip Deadly Throw
    /cast Deadly Throw
    /cast Throw
    Code:
     Garrote Macro:
    #showtooltip Garrote
    /cast Premeditation
    /cast Garrote
    Code:
     Focus Garrote Macro:
    #showtooltip Garrote
    /cast [target=focus] Garrote
    Code:
     Focus Shiv Macro:
    #showtooltip Shiv
    /cast [target=focus] Shiv
    Code:
     Party 1 Tricks of the Trade Macro:
    #showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [@party1] Tricks of the Trade
    Code:
     Party 2 Tricks of the Trade Macro:
    #showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [@party2] Tricks of the Trade
    Code:
     Focus Gouge Macro:
    #showtooltip Gouge
    /cast [@focus] Gouge
    Code:
     Cheap Shot Macro:
    #showtooltip Cheap Shot
    /cast Premeditation
    /cast Cheap Shot
    Code:
     Ambush Macro:
    #showtooltip Ambush
    /cast Premeditation
    /cast Ambush
    Code:
     Focus Cheap Shot
    #showtooltip Cheap Shot
    /cast [@focus] Cheap Shot

Preferred End-Game Gear
    Helm: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Leather Helm
    Neck: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Necklace of Prowess
    Shoulders: Blackfang Battleweave Spaulders
    Cloak: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Cape of Cruelty
    Chest: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Leather Tunic
    Wrist: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Armwraps of Accuracy
    Main-Hand: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Shanker
    Off-Hand: No'Kaled, the Elements of Death
    Thrown: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Hatchet
    Gloves: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Leather Gloves
    Waist: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Waistband of Cruelty
    Legs: Blackfang Battleweave Legguards
    Boots: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Boots of Cruelty
    Ring 1: Signet of Grasping Mouths
    Ring 2: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Ring of Cruelty
    Trinket 1: Vial of Shadows
    Trinket 2: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Conquest

Epilogue

Thanks for reading, I hope this guide helped you as it is my first guide!
    If you have any questions or corrections, drop a comment below
    Enjoy rogue pvp!

2. Nice guide for someone whos writing one for first time mate but stat priority is 5% Hit > Agility > Crit > Mastery > Haste. Haste is least useful stat in cata pvp for sub rogue, one is better to go for pure crit ,however it isn't a good idea to take haste over mastery , mastery improves attack speed increase you get from SnD. Maybe add finisher priorities as well with evis at the very end.. its more like a cp dump rather than a finisher but still best finisher if you already got recuperate and SnD up, nice guide otherwise.

3. rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Edited: April 12, 2015

4. Thanks, the only reason I put haste before mastery is because haste increases energy regen, and atm I feel like rogues get energy starved too quickly. But I see your point with the attack speed increase, probably going to change that if I can ^^

5. Ah yeah true that, its kinda inevitable not to hear your toon saying " not enough energy " as a rogue.Its very annoying at times... lol, but still in 4.3.4 the amount of haste you need to gain proper energy regen increase is just way too much,if you put 3 points in energetic recovery and don't burn energy on backstabs continuously and watch it properly.It actually gives better results than going with haste so in most cases mastery's pros overweight haste's pros brother.You should also keep recu and SnD up obviously before even trying to burst anyway.

6. Dragonscale on legs? Really? Better go for 140 stamina and 55 agility. Since Sinister Calling increses agility by 30%. Also,talents. Better put those 2 from Quickening to Improved Recuperate since you get 6% reduced damage when it's on. And since this is backstab build,why not 1 talent in Waylay?
    Anyway.
    http://freecode.hu/wowtal/eng/?RG#02...-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
    I also recomend Enchanting as proffesion. Since you get 2x ring enchants +40 agility. Sinister Calling=OP!
    Edited: April 13, 2015

7. Dragonscale gives more crit & AP. Only bonus Charscale gives is the stamina which isn't really useful for a rogue. I didn't go for improved recup or waylay cuz it's more of a damage spec rather than a survival spec, I guess its preferance :P
    As for enchanting, I prefer tailoring and blacksmithing as endgame gems are 50+ agi, and since you get 2 extra sockets that 100+ agi instead of 80, and having landslide on your mainhand if both the cloak enchant and landslide procc thats 2k AP instead of 1k
    Edited: April 13, 2015

8. Ah yeah true that, its kinda inevitable not to hear your toon saying " not enough energy " as a rogue.Its very annoying at times... lol, but still in 4.3.4 the amount of haste you need to gain proper energy regen increase is just way too much,if you put 3 points in energetic recovery and don't burn energy on backstabs continuously and watch it properly.It actually gives better results than going with haste so in most cases mastery's pros overweight haste's pros brother.You should also keep recu and SnD up obviously before even trying to burst anyway.
    You make a good point xD I was just aiming towards the people that just started playing rogue, since if they started I'm sure it'd be tough to have good energy control, but I guess mastery would be better than haste if you have good energy control ;p

9. Dragonscale gives more crit & AP. Only bonus Charscale gives is the stamina which isn't really useful for a rogue. I didn't go for improved recup or waylay cuz it's more of a damage spec rather than a survival spec, I guess its preferance :P
    As for enchanting, I prefer tailoring and blacksmithing as endgame gems are 50+ agi, and since you get 2 extra sockets that 100+ agi instead of 80, and having landslide on your mainhand if both the cloak enchant and landslide procc thats 2k AP instead of 1k
    If you still think that Dragonscale is better,i have nothing else to say to you xD
    Edited: April 14, 2015

10. If you still think that Dragonscale is better,i have nothing else to say to you xD
    Dragonscale is better. Stamina is useless for a rogue. Whats your highest rating on a rogue, 1.7k? Judging by your spec its probably lower than that honestly.

11. Tricks of the Trade: Increases your friendly targets damage done by 15% for 30 seconds. = noupe

guide overall is meh (1 google search would yield same result)
    openers are missing
    priority list on finishers missing
    arena comps
    general tips on how to play rogue are nowhere to be found
    macros are fine for the most part

Focus Redirect Macro:
    #showtooltip Redirect
    /castsequence [@focus] reset=10 Redirect, Kidney Shot requires double tap

hemo vs backstab spec ? pros/cons (not even mention)
    taking quickening over imp recup is comp or just playstyle based same with taking 1 into waylay (undispellable slow)
    2 Axes of ez katka hemo spec not even mentioned
    and yeah 80 permanent agi on a burst class beats lets say 480 on use agi that engi provides cuz logic
    id take agi and stam over ap crit anyday (agi scales well benefits from sinister culling or whatever its called and stam just boosts your recup ticks even for a litle) in times where ret can global you in hoj without any cd im fine with 1.5k hp bonus
    Edited: April 15, 2015

12. Bad guide, nothing new just "What talents & glyphs to pick", that informations can be found easly on Google. Also "Preferred End-Game Gear" is totally dumb.

13. Dragonscale is better. Stamina is useless for a rogue. Whats your highest rating on a rogue, 1.7k? Judging by your spec its probably lower than that honestly.
    You do realise that 55 agility with Sinister Calling scaling will give more attack power,right? Dragonscale still better? K lol.

14. You do realise that 55 agility with Sinister Calling scaling will give more attack power,right? Dragonscale still better? K lol.
    55*1.3=71.5
    71.5*2=143

143>190 ?
    Uhhhhhhh

15. I wasted some gold and tested it with my gear, the gear tooltip covers up my AP so youll just have to take my word for it which enchant is which.

Charscale: http://i.imgur.com/1JWPwma.jpg

Dragonscale: http://i.imgur.com/sKFTJS5.jpg

12 Last