1. May 25, 2015  

A Plea To The Players

Greetings fellow Warmane players!

My name is Jody, and I'd like to talk to you about something real quick.

Today, Warmane has released a "Vote-based" bugtracker. Excellent news, right?

Well, that's just it. It's not that great of news because players have frequently just been running through, voting up every last thing, rather than more specific and important subjects.

For example, we all know about the threat issues death knights are having with Death and Decay in WOTLK. It's such a detrimental issue, that many players are steering clear from DK tanking at all, no matter what spec. Why play something that's so broken, right?

We should be voting up important, specific things like this, so that they can get fixed soonest.

And not just that, but we should also vote up features that we miss from Blizzard servers, and have been missing for years!

For instance, the fact that Wintergrasp scripting was said to have been started almost two years ago now. What ever happened to that, huh? We should really get things like this back on track.

I mean, I know *I'm* ready for some Wintergrasp, how about you? Don't you miss rolling around in giant vehicles, pissing off the opposite faction by cornering them up in one area of the fortress? And the ability to actually DO the wintergrasp quests so you can get the rewards more easily from the vendors.

Meanwhile, we have simply DUMB stuff being voted up to the front page, like "Omg Corpse Explosion doesn't ignore resilience!" Who the hell cares? YEAH, it's a PRIVATE server. There are going to be bugs and imperfections. Thousands of them. Why do we need to vote up tiny things like this to the front page, instead of things that actually keep the world spinning, keeps classes playable and such.

For example, MUTILATE! The bug on that spell is so horrible, you're basically hitting 50% of the damage and it's a very important spell in Assassination PVE. But it's not even listed anywhere near the first three pages of the tracker. It's stuff like THIS that needs attention. Stuff like THIS that can make or break a class / specialization.

So, not only as a favor to me, but as a favor to yourself and the entire Molten / Warmane community.... Please ONLY VOTE for the important things. If the current trend keeps up, it's just going to stay the same ol' buggy bug world we've all come to live with.

** Thank you for your time and consideration. It really is appreciated. **

2. May 26, 2015  
    To be honest people will vote for the things that benefit them the most (gear, rep, mounts, class fixes, old raids) etc... Just saying :)

3. May 26, 2015  
    Upvote Warrior Tank bugs, thank you.

ps. i don't play tank warriors due to bugs

4. May 28, 2015  
    Indeed.
    Really tired of warrior tank threat bugged.

5. May 28, 2015  
    Well about Wintersgrasp...one of staff members said they will not script it because even on Blizzard realms it lagged...LoL what?? I wanted to say - Did you played the same retail I did? The only thing that could lag would be your PC. Blizzard servers did not lag because of WG, obviously when 4 40-man raids are together and battling each other your frame rates will drop significantly even with good PC. I never experienced server side lags when participating on retail WG, only frame drops.
    This is cheap excuse, your scripts are probably causing lags...also with this population there will never be 4 full raids.

6. May 28, 2015  
    A bug that you might consider 'dumb' and 'tiny' may be very important to someone elses gameplay. The corpse explosion bug is actually pretty big for the more experienced arena players. If CE was ignoring resilience then DKs would actually be a hell of a lot more viable in 2s. DK / Hpala will never compete with Warrior / Hpala without CE for example.

From the bugs you mentioned that you think should be fixed first it seems you're just wanting the more PVE kind of bugs to be fixed because apparently they're more important than others, which is a bit selfish really.

To put it simply, people will vote for what affects there own gameplay the most and I think that is exactly what the voting system was implemented for, whatever the majority of people want fixed gets fixed first... it makes sense.

Also I would forget about WG if I were you, I'm pretty sure the staff would have done something about it already if it was possible, they wouldn't leave it because they can't be arsed, would they?
    Edited: May 28, 2015

7. May 28, 2015  
    It's interesting. Staff says "Winter grasp is not our priority, and hard to script and remain bug free". Other wrath servers including cataclysm servers have working Wintergraph and bug free or the slightest little bugs.

The development team is slow, but you know as they say; "We're working on internal fixes" - what internal fixes? You had the same core since you first started.

8. May 29, 2015  
    Well about Wintersgrasp...one of staff members said they will not script it because even on Blizzard realms it lagged...LoL what?? I wanted to say - Did you played the same retail I did? The only thing that could lag would be your PC. Blizzard servers did not lag because of WG, obviously when 4 40-man raids are together and battling each other your frame rates will drop significantly even with good PC. I never experienced server side lags when participating on retail WG, only frame drops.
    This is cheap excuse, your scripts are probably causing lags...also with this population there will never be 4 full raids.
    You are so wrong on that, Blizzard server did indeed lagg back in 3.0.3-3.0.8 until they moved WG to battlegroup server. On a well populated server it was lagging alot, either you played after 3.0.8 or on a low populated server. If you google around a bit you can find about it..

9. May 29, 2015  
    Make sure to vote down the bugs I like to exploit.

10. May 29, 2015  
    yeah, this vote down thing is really dumb...

11. June 9, 2015  
    A bug that you might consider 'dumb' and 'tiny' may be very important to someone elses gameplay. The corpse explosion bug is actually pretty big for the more experienced arena players. If CE was ignoring resilience then DKs would actually be a hell of a lot more viable in 2s. DK / Hpala will never compete with Warrior / Hpala without CE for example.

From the bugs you mentioned that you think should be fixed first it seems you're just wanting the more PVE kind of bugs to be fixed because apparently they're more important than others, which is a bit selfish really.
    ?
    Selfish eh?

Perhaps you don't realize how small and teeny tiny corpse explosion is.

The player would only be able to use the spell.... ONCE. In the entire fight. And that's only if they kill one of the other team's members. Corpse explosion never had max-level version of it made on retail, which is why it is so under-powered.

It's also a very very weak AOE. The fact that it's an AOE makes it even weaker on the single target that's remaining.

It's stuff that doesn't make a difference anyway that annoys me.

So calm yourself.

And yes, I'm aware of how long WG has taken to script. Two years ago on new years' their resolution for the next year was "We will have WOTLK 99% bug free AND WG will be complete!"

So yeah, that's when I learned you can't value their word. But I CAN ask for it to be voted up. As well as other important things that DRAMATICALLY change the buggy world as we know it to a more "Blizz-like" server, which as the staff keeps preaching, is their main goal.
    Edited: June 9, 2015

12. June 9, 2015  
    And yes, I'm aware of how long WG has taken to script. Two years ago on new years' their resolution for the next year was "We will have WOTLK 99% bug free AND WG will be complete!"
    That was a goal, and it didn't include "AND WG will be complete!". Goals do not equate to promises, which so many people want to use as a basis for their rants. It isn't helpful in any way except for upsetting people.

13. June 9, 2015  
    That was a goal, and it didn't include "AND WG will be complete!". Goals do not equate to promises, which so many people want to use as a basis for their rants. It isn't helpful in any way except for upsetting people.
    Hence why it wasn't in the original posting, good Sapphire. And I'm fairly certain it did mention a completion of WG, as that was the big bit I was most excited for. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

Aside from that, do you have anything you'd like to add about the topic at hand? It would be great to have a staff member's view on some of the up-voted bugs. For example if they seem reasonable, possible to do, or simply ridiculous.

14. June 9, 2015  
    I would know. I'm the one who wrote it.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ward-Into-2014

Anyway, we're in the process of doing a whole laundry list of rewriting poorly scripted systems which will allow us to fix bugs that we couldn't have otherwise. In particular, this latest update here and related things, will allow us to script things like Malygos and the Frostmourne chamber portion of the heroic Lich King encounter. The list goes on, but that's gist of it.

15. June 9, 2015  
    Well pardon me then. I reckon my over-excited brain included WG as being a big portion of the 99%. Apologies.

Definitely looking forward to Malygos, as that is one of the few bosses I've never fought before even on retail. Back in my retail days I was one of the noobs who was still learning to defeat ICC25m when Cataclysm happened.

By the way, anymore word on Flame Leviathan? I think that's what was being worked on before the molt-down if my memory serves me right.

Thanks for your input.

12 Last