1. Hello, I'm Gresan of Neltharion | Jyx of Frostwolf
    Or on Retail as Kemii of Tarren Mill EU | Nadejha of Sylvanas EU

I'm writing this for the sole reason, I see too many *****s trying to play Frost DK in PvE and doing it horribly wrong, it's like people have read a Mists of Pandaria Guide and just when meh this will do. You know, running around in frost presence, or stacking crit.

OK so I'm going to get you kicked off with 3 Specs, 2 of which are amazing and 1 which isn't the most amazing, but if you don't wanna play Unholy and have a 2h Weapon you can use.

Everything is neatly in spoilers as per spec, and this has been reviewed by Shiina, a fellow HC Raider and DK master, and one of Retail's Highest Ranked* DKs Moudi of Ravencrest EU.

DW Masterfrost (Highest DPS Frost spec)
    Spoiler: Show
    Spec:
    Can be found here

That extra Talent point you're free to throw wherever, the best place it is in Butchery, however the 1 RP per 5s is hardly anything special, you could put it in Icy Reach if there is a lot of encounters where you do spend a bit of time away from bosses (Morchock, Hagara).
    Other than for obvious reasons the frost talents, we take the 3/3 in Bladed Armor as it's a straight up AP boost which scales with gear. Unholy we take 3/3 in Virulence so our diseases do 30% more damage, and then 3/3 in Epidemic so we have to not waste as much time refreshing Blood Plague.
    Glyphs:

Prime:

Howling Blast
    Frost Strike
    Obliterate

Major:
    AMS

Minor:
    Blood Tap
    Horn of Winter

Stat Priority:
    Hit 5%* > Strength = Mastery > Haste > Crit > Expertise**

Strength comes as standard on gear, but for Gems, reforges and enchants we're going Mastery over everything.
    * Hit rating is bugged on Molten for PvE, bosses cannot be missed above player lvl cap, which is 5%, it will be fixed in the future and when it does this will be updated to take that fix into account.
    ** Expertise is bugged on Molten for PvE, bosses cannot Dodge or Parry, it will be fixed in the future and when it does this will be updated to take that fix into account.

Gear:
    Gems:
    You have the freedom here to pick up most socket bonus, those to ignore are Crit/Haste. In those gem pure Mastery.
    Red: [Skillful Lava Coral]
    Yellow: [Fractured Lightstone]
    Blue: [Sensei's Elven Peridot]

Enchants:
    Helm: Wildhammer/Dragonmaw Rep (Strength+Mastery)
    Shoulder: Therazane Rep (Strength+Crit)
    Chest: 20 Stats
    Cloak: 65 Crit / Swordguard (Tailoring)
    Bracers: 50 Strength
    Gloves: 65 Mastery
    Legs: Strength + Crit
    Boots: 50 Mastery
    Main-Hand Weapon: Rune of Razorice
    Off-Hand Weapon: Rune of Fallen Crusader

Presences:
    Unholy Presence, always. Rune regen, Haste and GCD reduction are vital for ALL frost specs. There should never be a time when you switch to Frost, even with Heroism/BL active, it's not worth the GCDs and RP wasted to switch presence.

Priority System:
    OK so Masterfrost is harder to pick up. Don't get me wrong I never played Masterfrost till I went and played Mists and it's exactly the same there as it is in 4.3.4, Masterfrost made my brain hurt for like 2-3 raid till I got into the flow of everything. Spend too much time as DW Oblit in Cata and 2H is 5.3

As DW MasterFrost you ONLY use Oblit to remove an UH rune so you can proc Runic Empowerment.
    Rotation (AKA Dummies' guide to them colourful circle thingies)
    Frost Strike if Killing Machine is proc’ed, or if RP is 90 or higher
    Howling Blast with both frost or both death off cooldown
    Plague Strike if one Unholy Rune is off cooldown and blood plague is down/nearly down
    Howling Blast if Rime proc’ed
    Frost Strike if RP is 70 or higher
    Obliterate when 1 or more Unholy Runes are off cooldown and killing machine is down
    Howling Blast
    Horn of Winter
    Blood Tap

So Typically.
    Starting with FFUUDD

Use 1U on Plague Strike > FFU-DD + 12 RP
    Use 1F on Howling Blast > F-U-DD + 24 RP
    Use 1 FU on Obliterate > ---DD + 48 RP
    Use 2D on 2x Howling > ------ + 72 RP
    Flush Runic with Frost Strike to proc Runic Empowerment

Runic Gains shown are from being specced into 2/2 Improved Frost Presence.

If you are left with a U rune and there is a long wait on a Frost rune for Oblit and your Blood Plague is far from falling off, use Death and Decay OR Blood Tap and then use Oblit. Remember Death and Decay earns you 10 Runic, as well as Horn of Winter
    Rinse and repeat.

If you are rune starved you are not doing it correctly and doing one of the following wrong...
    Using DEATH runes on an Oblit, not waiting for your UH Rune to come off CD and wasting a precious Death Rune.
    or
    Not understanding that Runic Empowerment only procs FULLY depleted runes. Therefore you want to keep your runes on CD as much as possible. In Order to get the most out of your random rune proc.

Raid Prep:
    Being prepared to raid is important.
    Flask: Titanic Strength (300 Str) or Potion of the Master (225 Mastery)
    Food: Lavascale Minestrone (90 Mastery + 90 Stam)
    Pots: Golemblood (1200 Str)
    Remember to Prepot on the pull, and then again at the start of Heroism/BL.

DW Oblit Frost (Easiest DPS Spec)
    Spec:
    Can be found here

That extra Talent point you're free to throw wherever, the best place it is in Butchery, however the 1 RP per 5s is hardly anything special, you could put it in Icy Reach if there is a lot of encounters where you do spend a bit of time away from bosses (Morchock, Hagara).
    Other than for obvious reasons the frost talents, we take the 3/3 in Bladed Armor as it's a straight up AP boost which scales with gear. Unholy we take 3/3 in Virulence so our diseases do 30% more damage, and then 3/3 in Epidemic so we have to not waste as much time refreshing Blood Plague.
    Glyphs:

Prime:

Howling Blast
    Frost Strike
    Obliterate

Major:
    AMS

Minor:
    Blood Tap
    Horn of Winter

Stat Priority:
    Things change here a bit, nothing major but still changes.
    Hit 5%* > Strength > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Expertise**

Strength over everything, gems, enchants, everything to be strength. Then out main secondary stat is Haste, more KM procs, more rune regen which is vital for the obliterate playstyle. Then Mastery for the nice damage from Howling Blast and Frost Strikes.
    * Hit rating is bugged on Molten for PvE, bosses cannot be missed above player lvl cap, which is 5%, it will be fixed in the future and when it does this will be updated to take that fix into account.
    ** Expertise is bugged on Molten for PvE, bosses cannot Dodge or Parry, it will be fixed in the future and when it does this will be updated to take that fix into account.

Gear:
    Gems:
    Unless the socket bonus is strength will you take the socket bonus, even then if the gain is only +10/20 Strength you're not going to bother and just gem pure strength.
    Red: [Bold Queen's Garnet]
    Yellow: [Fierce Lava Coral]
    Blue: [Etched Shadow Spinel]

Enchants:
    Bracers: 50 Strength
    Gloves: 50 Strength
    Boots: 50 Haste
    Main-Hand Weapon: Rune of Razorice
    Off-Hand Weapon: Rune of Fallen Crusader

Presences
    Unholy Presence, always. Rune regen, Haste and GCD reduction are vital for ALL frost specs. There should never be a time when you switch to Frost, even with Heroism/BL active, it's not worth the GCDs and RP wasted to switch presence.

Priority System:
    With all your runes you are going to be using Obliterate, however there is a priority system, for which runes you use, what on and when.
    Diseased should be maintained at all times.
    Howling Blast with Rime to refresh Frost Fever
    Obliterate with Killing Machine.
    Frost Strike with 0 Frost Runes or to dump RP. Never let your RP cap out!
    Obliterate with 2 Death, Frost, or Unholy Runes.
    When you FS Dump watch out for Runic Empowerment procs, if you get two then use it on an oblit straight away.
    If you have downtime, all runes on CD and lacking RP, use Horn of Winter. Gives runic power and also refreshed your Str+Agi buff.

DW Oblit Frost is an incredibly easy priority system, and should you mess up there is always a rune to do something, whether it be to refresh Blood Plague with Plague Strike, or to Howling Blast, if you have a spare UH Rune and you just refreshed your diseases you can even throw down a D&D.

Raid Prep:
    Flask: Titanic Strength (300 Str)
    Food: Beer-Basted Crocolisk (90 Str + 90 Stam)

2H Frost (For derps who can't play UH)
    2h Frost plays like DW Oblit, just with a 2H.
    Spec:
    Can be found here

The 2/2 in On a Pale Horse, you can put in Endless Winter if you find you have to kick a lot, it's just there because we need 10 points in T1/2, I guess that 30% reduction to slows and 20% mounted might help, somewhere.
    Glyphs:

Prime:

Howling Blast
    Frost Strike
    Obliterate

Major:
    AMS

Minor:
    Blood Tap
    Horn of Winter

Stat Priority:
    Things change here a bit, nothing major but still changes.
    Hit 5%* > Strength > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Expertise**

Strength over everything, gems, enchants, everything to be strength. Then out main secondary stat is Haste, more KM procs, more rune regen which is vital for the obliterate playstyle. Then Mastery for the nice damage from Howling Blast and Frost Strikes.

Gear:
    Gems:
    Unless the socket bonus is strength will you take the socket bonus, even then if the gain is only +10/20 Strength your not going to bother and just gem pure strength.
    Red: [Bold Queen's Garnet]
    Yellow: [Fierce Lava Coral]
    Blue: [Etched Shadow Spinel]

Enchants:
    Bracers: 65 Haste
    Gloves: 50 Strength
    Boots: 50 Haste
    Weapon: Rune of Fallen Crusader

Presences:

Priority System:
    With all your runes you are going to be using Obliterate, however there is a priority system, for which runes you use, what on and when.
    Diseased should be maintained at all times.
    Howling Blast with Rime to refresh Frost Fever
    Obliterate with Killing Machine.
    Frost Strike with 0 Frost Runes or to dump RP. Never let your RP cap out!
    Obliterate with 2 Death, Frost, or Unholy Runes.
    When you FS Dump watch out for Runic Empowerment procs, if you get two use it on an oblit straight away.
    If you have downtime, all runes on CD and lacking RP, use Horn of Winter. Gives runic power and also refreshed your Str+Agi buff.

2H Frost is an incredibly easy priority system, and should you mess up there is always a rune to do something, whether it be to refresh Blood Plague with Plague Strike, or to Howling Blast, if you have a spare UH Rune and you just refreshed your diseases you can even throw down a D&D.

Raid Prep:
    Flask: Titanic Strength (300 Str)
    Food: Beer-Basted Crocolisk (90 Str + 90 Stam)

BIS List:
    Helm: Necrotic Boneplate Helmet (Tier)
    Neck: Necklace of Black Dragon's Teeth (Valor)
    Shoulders: Backbreaker Spaulders (DS)
    Back: Dreamcrusher Drape (Valor)
    Chest: Necrotic Boneplate Breastplate (Tier)
    Wrist: Rockhide Bracers (DS)
    Hands: Necrotic Boneplate Gauntlets (Tier)
    Waist: Runescriven Demon Collar (DS)
    Legs: Necrotic Boneplate Greaves (Tier)
    Feet: Treads of Crushed Flesh (DS)
    Ring 1: Breathstealer Band (DS)
    Ring 2: Curled Twilight Claw (DS)
    Trinkets: Apparatus of Khaz'goroth, Eye of Unmaking
    Relic: Gutripper Shard (Valor)
    Weapons:-
    1H Masterfrost: No'Kaled, the Elements of Death x2
    1H Oblit Frost: Hand Of Morchok x2
    2H: Ataraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster

* - According to Statistics from WoWProgress and World of Logs.

2. Hey man, first of all let me start by telling you I've always been a fan of your guides, and this is great so thank you! I've been playing uh for over a year now and got somewhat bored of it and decided to change to DW hastefrost. I have a 405ilvl DK on Neltharion, with uh I was using HC Gurth while now I have 1 hc HoM and 1 normal HoM (waiting to get that 2nd HC). I knew that uh was slightly superior in DPS than frost, however when I DPS test on the dummies, I dont know if its me but I do WAY less than uh. With uh I used to reach around 42k/43k DPS on 3 mil, while now in hastefrost I sit at around 30k, still at 3 mil. Is this normal or am I screwing up something? I followed your guide step by step but I just don't seem to get that DPS to increase anywhere close to uh. (all DPS tests were done self buffed with no flask nor food, basically just horn of winter and uh presence).
    Thank you again and keep posting guides!

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...harion/summary This is the link to my armory, in case you see something wrong do tell please :)

3. Hey man, first of all let me start by telling you I've always been a fan of your guides, and this is great so thank you! I've been playing uh for over a year now and got somewhat bored of it and decided to change to DW hastefrost. I have a 405ilvl DK on Neltharion, with uh I was using HC Gurth while now I have 1 hc HoM and 1 normal HoM (waiting to get that 2nd HC). I knew that uh was slightly superior in DPS than frost, however when I DPS test on the dummies, I dont know if its me but I do WAY less than uh. With uh I used to reach around 42k/43k DPS on 3 mil, while now in hastefrost I sit at around 30k, still at 3 mil. Is this normal or am I screwing up something? I followed your guide step by step but I just don't seem to get that DPS to increase anywhere close to uh. (all DPS tests were done self buffed with no flask nor food, basically just horn of winter and uh presence).
    Thank you again and keep posting guides!

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...harion/summary This is the link to my armory, in case you see something wrong do tell please :)
    Yes frost is lower. Especially HasteFrost. Frost can only keep up with unholy on fights where there is some from of cleave (masterfrost) or small burst window opportunities where you can use pillar to its most effective. Also your Creche trinket isnt for frost, you should really change that to Apparatus HC.

4. May 27, 2016  
    Hmmm? What's happened with the old guide?

Also Kemii have you considered updating this? I'm not sure you've played recently on Cata but I'm sure there could be a few things to change due to bugs/nerfs.

Anyway a very good guide, as it's always been.

5. Hi, I'm fairly new to cata frost DK and I want to know about one thing since I can't find a good solution.

When should I use the burst a.k.a trinkets, pillar and ERW?

6. Hi, I'm fairly new to cata frost DK and I want to know about one thing since I can't find a good solution.

When should I use the burst a.k.a trinkets, pillar and ERW?
    On pull, then on CD after that, however if you know a phase is coming up for more damage (mechanical phases, or Bloodlust phases) then you can hold off on your burst if it's going to fall during the cd.

7. On pull, then on CD after that, however if you know a phase is coming up for more damage (mechanical phases, or Bloodlust phases) then you can hold off on your burst if it's going to fall during the cd.
    Alright, thanks!