The owner of this guide who goes by the name "Melfina" is no longer active, but guide is being preserved due to the quality of it.

This is how I build my frost mage for PvP. I don't consider myself particularly good and comments are very welcome. I'm not english speaker so I hope you can help me to correct my mistakes.

Thanks for reading, and I hope it can be helpful since a lot of guides and webs have been updated to MoP.

Index
1. Stat Priority
2. Talents
3. Gems and Enchants

3.1. Gems
3.2. General enchants
3.3. Profession enchants and buffs

4. Recommended professions
5. Glyphs

5.1. Prime
5.2. Major
5.3. Minor

6. Macros
7. Some tips

1. Stat Priority

Intellect > Spell Hit (4%) > Spell Pen (195 or 240) > Resilience > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Spell pen: The minimum cap is 195 because Resistance Aura gives 195 resistance, but it stacks with Mage Armor (45 resistance) so the hard cap is 240.

2. Talents

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/2510/frostmage.jpg

3. Gems and Enchants

3.1. Gems

Meta: [Burning Shadowspirit Diamond] (54 int & 3% crit damage)
Red: [Brilliant Inferno Ruby] (40 int)
Blue: [Veiled Demonseye] (20 int & 20 hit) or -if hit capped- [Timeless Demonseye] (20 int & 30 sta)
Yellow: [Mystic Amberjewel] (40 resi), [Reckless Ember Topaz] (20 int & 20 haste) or [Potent Ember Topaz] (20 int & 20 crit)

3.2. General enchants

Head: [Arcanum of Vicious Intellect] (60 int and 35 resi) or [Arcanum of Hyjal] (60 int and 35 crit)
Shoulders: [Greater Inscription of Vicious Intellect] (50 int and 25 resi)
Cloak: [Enchant Cloak - Greater Intellect] (50 int)
Chest: [Enchant Chest - Mighty Resilience] (40 resi)
Bracer: [Enchant Bracer - Mighty Intellect] (50 int) or [Enchant Bracer - Greater Critical Strike] (65 crit)
Gloves: [Enchant Gloves - Greater Mastery] (65 mast) or [Enchant Gloves - Haste] (50 haste)
Belt: [Ebonsteel Belt Buckle] (add a socket)
Leggings: [Powerful Enchanted Spellthread] (95 int and 80 sta)
Boots: [Enchant Boots - Lavawalker] (8% speed and 35 mast)
Weapon: [Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent] (500 int for 12s)
Off-Hand: [Enchant Off-Hand - Superior Intellect] (40 int)

3.3. Profession enchants and buffs

Alchemy: [Flask of Enhancement] A flask that gives 80 int (not consumed when used).
Blacksmithing: [Socket Bracer] or [Socket Gloves] Two sockets for two extra gems. I recommend 40 + 40 = 80 int.
Enchanting: [Enchant Ring - Intellect] Enchants your rings to increase intellect by 40 per ring. Two rings = 80 int.
Engineering: [Synapse Springs] (480 int for 10s every 1mn) and [Grounded Plasma Shield] (A shield that absorbs 18k damage every 10mn)
Inscription: [Felfire Inscription] Adds 130 intellect and 25 haste to shoulder.
Jewelcrafting: [Brilliant Chimera's Eye] You can add 3 powerful gems to sockets. I recommend 67 int. 67 x 3 = 201, so it gives 81 more stats than normal gems.
Leatherworking: [Fur Lining - Intellect] Adds 130 intellect to bracers.
Tailoring: [Lightweave Embroidery] Enchants cloak giving a chance to increase intellect by 580 for 15s while casting.

4. Recommended professions

Tailoring should be a must here, [Lightweave Embroidery] appears too often and 580 intellect is very great. For the rest no matter what you choose, just try to avoid Herbalism, Skinning and Mining if you're looking for a improvement.

5. Glyphs

5.1. Prime

[Glyph of Icelance]
[Glyph of Frostbolt]
[Glyph of Frostfire Bolt]

or [Glyph of Mage Armor], some people like it.

5.2. Major

[Glyph of Polymorph]
[Glyph of Evocation]
[Glyph of Ice Barrier]

5.3. Minor

[Glyph of Slow Fall]
[Glyph of Conjuring]
[Glyph of Arcane Brilliance]

6. Macros

All armors in one
If you press macro it will cast Frost Armor. Pressing ctrl+macro will cast Molten Armor, and shift+macro will cast Mage Armor.
Code:
/cast [nomod:ctrl, nomod:shift] Frost Armor
/cast [mod:ctrl] Molten Armor
/cast [mod:shift] Mage Armor
Blink
For blink fast, stop casting and use the spell.
Code:
/stopcasting
/cast Blink
Counterspell
If you use it, it will cast Counterspell in your target, but if you use shift+macro it will use Counterspell in your focus.
Code:
/stopcasting
/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Counterspell
/cast [nomodifier:shift] Counterspell
Remove Curse
Use the spell in the target under mouse position.
Code:
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Eliminar maldici??n
/cast [target=player] Eliminar maldici??n

Ice Block
Stop casting and use Ice Block (only 1 press). If you press a second time, Ice Block is cancelled.
Code:
/stopcasting
/cast Ice Block
/cancelaura Ice block
Invisibility
Stop casting and use Invisibility (only 1 press). If you press a second time, Invisibility is cancelled.
Code:
/Stopcasting
/cast Invisibility
/cancelaura Invisibility
Water Elemental
Summon Water Elemental (if it's not) and use his spell Freeze. Make him to follow, to be passive and to attack. Essential for control the pet.
Code:
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/click PetActionButton5
/petfollow
/petpassive
/petattack
Polymorph
Stop casting and use Polymorph. If shift is pressed, you cast it on focus.
Code:
/stopcasting
/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Polymorph
/cast [nomodifier:shift] Polymorph
Deep Freeze
Stop casting and use Deel Freeze. If shift is pressed, you cast it on focus.
Code:
/stopcasting
/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Deep Freeze
/cast [nomodifier:shift] Deep Freeze
7. Some tips

Double bolt
While casting Frostbolt, spam Ice Lance spell (or Frostfire Bolt if you have it with no cast) and your character will shoot two bolts at once.

Pet's Freeze
Use the Freeze spell of your Water Elemental in the middle of Frostbolt cast. Then spam Ice Lance or Frostfire Bolt (only with no cast) and the target will take double bolt with shatter.

Mage Armor or Frost Armor?
Usually have Mage Armor for resistances and endless mana, but use Frost Armor against some melee characters if you need help to stop them.

Let me know your tips!