1. Staff vs sword(dagger)/off hand

Everyone saying that it's better to go with sword/off hand than 2h staff.. i am let's say it new 80 with decent mix pve/pvp gear, why should i chase main+off hand than to go with my good 2h staff? I found decent sword but off hand is problem., i am pvp-er and i doubt i will get chance to go in ICC to get that cool sword and off hand from there. Someone please explain me.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: i am playing Wotlk.

2. The reason they're saying that is because most people talk about end-game gearing, regardless if it's for pvp or pve, when comparing the two. If you currently posses a staff that has better stats than your curret mh+oh will grant you, use the staff.

3. Ppl ussually want quick response and are lazy to compare stats (or want a quick tip to buy the item they are not going to replace). If you have MH of same ilvl as staff and (almost) any offhand it will give you more dps stats (and less stamina) than staff would. Also most 1hands tend to be itemized more towards haste/crit/hit and most staffs have spirit on them (talking about pve weapons).

4. Let assume we are in end game and we can chose what to get mh+of or 2h.. why is wratful mh+oh better than wratful 2h staff, is beacuse of the stats or what?

5. Beacuse poking totems takes less time,also intterupting people also takes less time to start in middle of cast,and in end you recieve slightly more sp (think its 50 sp overall) in end game.

6. MH+OH = More SP, a bit more Haste and/or Crit than Staff!
    Staff = More Stamina and more Intel ...