1. June 1, 2011  
    Fatestayjedi
    Mwahahaha! :D
    The power of Combat, destroying every other melee class :cool: and not only...

Currently the most OP melee class is the Unholy DK, mainly because it's a melee class, but with a fighting style that fits more a caster (apply 3 diseases, slowing enemy in the process, lock diseases, summon Gargoyle, which does nature damage, increased by one of the diseases etc). Thus alot of players are not kinda used to fighting an UDK. (was the same way back @ 3.2 when rets did 7k judgements, remember?)
    Combat Rogues can beat an Unholy DK too: Garrote, trink Gnaw (it's the only stun a DK has, what else should you trink?), Expose Armor, BF + AP trink + KSpree, AR, KShot before he realizes what's happening, ghoul dies at this point, lifting a great load and reducing the chance he'll use Death Pact (DP is usable on Gargoyle or AoD ghouls too), he will most likely trinket KShot and activate IbF, Dismantle, AR + BF are still active - add up SnD & refresh Expose Armor, collect Honor/Arena Points

Frequently Ret@rded Arguments Given (aka FRAG :D):
    1. he kait me, he haz slow - Blade Twisting, Imp Sprint, Imp DT, trink (last resort), glyphed CloS
    2. he do physical & spell dmg @ d saem tiem - glyphed CloS again, Evasion
    3. lol @ KSpree while bone shield is up - Bone Shield's ICD got fixed with the last update, it will only proc once for the whole KSpree
    4. how do i interrupt IbF + AoD? - Imp + glyphed Gouge, lol... or Blind if you're that desperate

Have fun! :)
    Good tips.You should reconsider posting the tactics in the main page.Since in time when there's a lot of posts people usually don't go through the pages to search how to beat a class.Maybe when you're feeling awfully bored you can do that =]

+1 For sticky

2. June 1, 2011  
    Added class tactics, what builds you can and what you shouldn't do, weapon spec explanations, one more tip that came to my mind, some coloring & styling and a video about Throwing Specialization which made my day :D

Thanks for the support, guys! Your opinions help me to further develop this Guide! :)

3. June 2, 2011  
    probata97
    i like combat more in pve, muti pvp :)
    actually im playin combat in pve and muti in pvp

4. June 3, 2011  
    skilledkni
    Could you please tell me ur brother's name in game, I would like to see the gear used... (Trinkets and the such.)

5. June 3, 2011  
    Could you please tell me ur brother's name in game, I would like to see the gear used... (Trinkets and the such.)
    It wasn't on this server. Not gonna tell you the server's name on the forums, 'cause I might get yet another infraction. The server is quite identical to molten when it comes to working talents & stuff, but it's totally focused on pvp & arenas... and this is not the whole game, as you know :P

The Rogue itself was a male Orc Combat Rogue with PvP gear (since u can play with PvE gear too, but it doesn't provide enough survivability, which is key to Combat), full ArP gemming, Mace Spec and On-Use AP trink, so you could guess how he looked like statwise etc.

6. June 3, 2011  
    maximus250
    Hi i have a question, what gems could use? im new with rogue, i played a warlock before the rogue, and still do not quite understand, thanks :)

7. June 3, 2011  
    Cheaptrix
    Hi i have a question, what gems could use? im new with rogue, i played a warlock before the rogue, and still do not quite understand, thanks :)
    Combat rouge focuses on ArP.

8. June 3, 2011  
    tbh, i was just gonna write down everything nice, fast & clean, but then i saw the second sentence of ur post :D

If you mean PvP - Armor Penetration

If you mean PvE however...

AP - Attack Power
    ArP - Armor Penetration
    cp - combo point
    SnD - Slice and Dice
    Rup
    - Rupture
    Env - Envenom
    Evi - Eviscerate
    filler - a move that you do when your ordinary rotation is set in motion and you have a time gap

1.Gem & enchant for AP and use a 5cpSnD + 5cpRup (+?cpEnv filler) rotation at lower gear levels till you calculate you can get softcapped for ArP (45%) gemmed and you get an ArP trinket.

2.Then switch all ur gems to ArP, continue using the same rotation, but use Evi as a filler and respec Vile Poisons into Improved Evi and Imp Poisons into Relentless Strikes.

3.When you reach such high gear levels that you become hard-capped (95%) stop using Rup and only spam Evi during SnD. Respec according to this change, putting the 2cps from Blood Spatter to Relentless Strikes. Also gem Haste if you see you're going over the hard cap.

I really don't think I could explain it any better than this (or anyone else). Stick to those 3 points and you will be a mediocre Combat Rogue (skill is needed for "good" - knowing when to use ToT: ToT + FoK, ToT + KSpree, Feint, Kick<yes, u heard me - kick in pve> etc). For more info and clarifications, see my post in the Hack and Slash thread. Please do NOT ask questions here before checking there. Thanks!

Peace^^

9. June 4, 2011  
    maximus250
    Thanks, I do not understand much English, and do not trust much of the google translator, as I saw in this post COMBAT and wrote here, thanks anyway, I'll use a translator lol, oh oh and all my questions were about PVP thnks :rolleyes:

10. June 4, 2011  
    rotation at lower gear levels till you calculate you can get softcapped for ArP (45%) gemmed and you get an ArP trinket.
    There is no static number at which you soft cap your ArP, it depends on the trinket proc. 1400-trinket proc = your soft cap rating, or if you want to know how much % you need: 1400-trinketproc/14 = how much % ArP you need passive.

In an example with grim toll this would be: 1400-612/14 = 56.28% ArP needed.

If you got NES you need: 1400-678/14=51.6% ArP needed.

11. June 4, 2011  
    as far as weapon enchants go is executioner a viable offhand enchant in this tree?

12. June 5, 2011  
    I'd like to propose a second, alternative spec, for those rogues who are one-handed such as myself.

Molten World of Warcraft Armory - Rogue Talent Calculator

You have only one viable hand to do everything, so you delete some of the more extraneous, and complicated talents such as Blade Flurry, that doesn't really add all that much to the spec anyway. I use this spec myself on warsong and win 8/10 duels with it, against just about every class except hpallies and fmages.

Sub rogues are also a weakness, but if you're good at finding rogues, it shouldnt be a problem, or if you get sapped, trinket + vanish + sap + garrote + KS + Kidney + SS + rupture + evasion

13. June 5, 2011  
    I'd like to propose a second, alternative spec, for those rogues who are one-handed such as myself.

Molten World of Warcraft Armory - Rogue Talent Calculator

You have only one viable hand to do everything, so you delete some of the more extraneous, and complicated talents such as Blade Flurry, that doesn't really add all that much to the spec anyway. I use this spec myself on warsong and win 8/10 duels with it, against just about every class except hpallies and fmages.

Sub rogues are also a weakness, but if you're good at finding rogues, it shouldnt be a problem, or if you get sapped, trinket + vanish + sap + garrote + KS + Kidney + SS + rupture + evasion
    You could just macro it in with say, Kidney Shot, assuming you are not energy capped when you KS, you should not have any gameplay hindering problems with such a macro.

14. June 5, 2011  
    You could just macro it in with say, Kidney Shot, assuming you are not energy capped when you KS, you should not have any gameplay hindering problems with such a macro.
    I've already tried. For some ******ed reason, Blade Flurry doesn't proc with a macro.

15. June 6, 2011  
    skilledkni
    What are some good macros to use for Combat PVP? Also, What do i use adrenaline rush with?

First 1234 ... Last