1. note on combat PvP (@OP supposedly proving combat viable in pvp)

PvP combat is just rofl fail (except some duels)... the only people who think it is a good day to day PvP spec usually have dual donor arp trinkets and/or mostly do little of use in battle grounds, seeking out single people to killingspree.

As for arenas... anything is "viable" on molten, especially if you only aim for 2k rating because there are so many people who don't have a clue and or play non-viable comps... hell you can just partner a good spriest (nomnom crit bug dots) and you can probably hit 2.2k rate just doing sap and blind maybe cheapshot kidney shot gouge as well, doesn't make it a good spec.
    Sorry but I find your post kinda....
    note on SUBTLE PvP

PvP SUBTLE is just rofl fail (except some duels)... the only people who think it is a good day to day PvP spec usually have dual donor arp trinkets and/or mostly do little of use in battle grounds, seeking out single people to SHADOWDANCE.

As for arenas... anything is "viable" on molten, especially if you only aim for 2k rating because there are so many people who don't have a clue and or play non-viable comps... hell you can just partner a good spriest (nomnom crit bug dots) and you can probably hit 2.2k rate just doing sap and blind maybe cheapshot kidney shot gouge as well, doesn't make it a good spec.

so ya you can say **** like this for ANY SPEC just because combat rogues have difficulty fighting kiting class like all other melee class does not make them weak or bad. They do have their strong points just like how sub tree can't beat plate classes. If anything I consider combat pvp to be a lot more tactful than anything, its a constant fight for positioning and knowing when to use your cd to ensure you are victorious. While sub tree and assassination have the easy prep button, combat is a lot more exposed. Its obviously not for everyone but dont tell others how to play their style.

that said you guys should all +1 Hack and Slash on the bug tracker maybe with this new +up system they would ignore cata for 1 day and fix some skills.

2. So your point is:

Combat is your style, no one should knock anyone's style. Fair enough. Style is entirely subjective.

However style does not a good spec make, any other points you may or may not have made weren't read since i realised i was being trolled around the time you say sub can't take plate.

3. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with my Rogue?
    http://armory.molten-wow.com/charact...ron/Lordaeron/
    What's the point of that 1/3 talent on Vile Poisons if you're using eviscerate as finisher. And if you used it there because of +7% poison dmg -> there are other useful talents.

arks
    What's the point of that 1/3 talent on Vile Poisons if you're using eviscerate as finisher. And if you used it there because of +7% poison dmg -> there are other useful talents.
    No, there aren't better talents, usually when you get TAiaJ you move that point in Vile to max out Improved.

Kaeriuchi
    My guildie combat rogue won Black Bruise but gave it to my enhancement shaman, saying he doesn't need it. He seems to be specced into Sword/Axe, with Quel Delar MH and Bone Warden Splitter on OH.

At the moment the weapon is still eligible to trade. Should I return the weapon to him? Would it be an upgrade if he changes to Fist/Dagger?

arks
    Considering that Hack&Slash is bugged, and that there is no crit cap to be concerned with CQC, both specs should be doing similar dps, grab whatever makes you see cooler.

dabarone
    Rogue, combat spec is bugged too mutch...
    I have 72% ARP on my rogue, and dmg is so low, i played on lots of servers and retail , and dmg here is funny... better gear u have u do less dps... i was pulling 12-13k dps on bosses in icc, and now when i have way better gear i do like 8-9 k dps, its just rofl xD
    I have 5.9k gs rogue with :
    17% hit rating, 72% arp and i do crappy dps...
    I miss lots of my mele hits, Sinester strike is buggy coz it dont give u combo point sometimes, i have glyph of sinester strike what should do 50% of my SS crits to add combo, and that proc is like 5%, i used maces first for 15% more arp, and i didnt notice any change...
    Now i am on h&s and proc is realy rofl... :D
    With meta gem what gives 3% increased crit dmg + improved evis + lethality i should do tones of dmg with evis, but max crit in icc is like 22k dmg... 22 k dmg on 72% arp ? its just silly...
    Combat rogues need big fix, from tones of talents to dmg scale...
    Untill then, dont bother to have fun with combat spec on ur rogue, coz u will be sad... :((

arks
    Try with rupture build, and using rupture in your rotation, in retail (yeah I know this is molten but stfu) even with 100% ArP, you don't drop rupture usage, might be worth a shot.

9. Try with rupture build, and using rupture in your rotation, in retail (yeah I know this is molten but stfu) even with 100% ArP, you don't drop rupture usage, might be worth a shot.
    i heard at high arp rupture increases dps by very low amount than using evis.

10. i heard at high arp rupture increases dps by very low amount than using evis.
    Only if you have very high ArP rating like closer to 1400 then yes or else just gem for AP or AGI and use rupture and close to no evis.

@Purrlock: Ive never said you cant kill plate with sub, its just a lot harder to backstab for 2k per hit than it is to back stab some cloth user for 5k.

This isnt about skill it is about the actual spec, combat has its strong points and weakness just like sub does.

11. i was checking spreadsheets and i read i think even here that they were made specific for raiding.... so that bis list there is for a full 25man setup with buffing right ? so my question is does keeping 1400 arp (which i have now but in a cost of few other stats) is that really important ?

ferals use faerie fire so for starters i can go down to 95% arp right ?

whats more in my guild i have warrior tank as MT almost every raid, i dont really know the tanking rotation but they use sunder armor, its their high priority spell ? i mean if they keep it up all time i can go down to 80 % arp ? or that doesnt work that way ?

and faerie fire + sunder armor does not stack ?

arks
    arp mechanics dont work this way. If you put expose armor in your target, your 95% arp will be calculated in that 80% of armor left, not in the original amount. So keep the 95% arp, dont matter what debuff your raid have :P.
    This, The % you see in your character sheet is a % of some calculation derived from the total armor, meaning that even at 100% arpen there's still some armor on the boss, Faerie fire, curse of weakness, sunder/expose armor & shattering throw help there lowing the amount of armor that goes un-penetrated.

For the tank rotation, I currently have a war tank myself, I can tell you that yes, having 5x Expose armor is second in my priority (1 st is shield slam spamming), and I never let them drop, since it's a very good improve in raid dps.

arks
    1st of all: your spec is CQC when you're using a sword MH and a fast dagger OH
    2: Get Glyph of Killing Spree.

Vote http://wotlk.openwow.com/?item=45331 for OH, the speed compensates the stats, at least you get a viable weapon for your slot, this is the BEST OH sword in VP, at least until you can get Marrowgar 10 axe.

2: the rotation should be, SnD whenever is down, disregard CP
    build to 5CP and 5cp Evisc.

so like SS->SnD->SS to 5cp->Evisc->repeat

About ArP, no, still having ArP procs at 1k puts you over the cap when it procs and it's a bad idea.
    So yeah, try to get DBW and replace NES to get more passive ArP.

About gems: having a couple AP/Haste gems in yellows is not a bad idea, specially if the bonus is good. Mindlessly cramming Fractured in every socket is a dps loss

arks
    i'm with CQC cause i'm trying to get the FW from fertergut, and you're really saying that one white hit in an entire boss fight will put 2k dps in my recount? rofl.

and i should change one 1.4 205.5 dps dagger for one 163dps sword only for that hit that will proc 1 time per boss fight? dont look like a good thing to do.

i have the marrowgar axe, but i dont like HnS and as i think it's useless, considering that i'm far from the crit cap and 1.4 is better for poison applying and energy generation.

and i need to cram fractured in every slot because if i dont, i will lose like 100~200 arp, that will f.uck up my passive arp. unless i get the ruby sanctum 25 trinket pus DBW, and i can get only DBW normal, so it's a bad idea.

I'll get the KS glyph, but i still dont thinking it will make some difference in my dps.
    It's not *one* white hit, but if you want to wait for a drop, at least have the spec of whatever weapon you're using.

I didn't critic your gemming, I just said that because you were gonna replace some +20 haste gems, but instead of putting +20 ArP on those slots, it's a good idea to put +20Ap/10 Haste.

So yeah basically this, get DBW to replace NES, you should be reaching 1.1/1.2 k passive ArP, no need to keep an ArP proc when you're so high, you're wasting it.

And yes, KS glyph is very good, will allow you to use KS like 1-2 times more in a boss fight, there really aren't better glyphs for that slot.

First ... 91011121321 ... Last