1. Maybe I did overheal too much or spam unnecessary healing spells :)

Thanks for the advice ^^

Maibe
    Thanks but I cannot find talents that reduce mana cost for resto shammy. Can you tell me which talent please?
    In the second tier of the restoration tree, Tidal Focus, you might want to get 5/5 there, maybe dropping your 2 points in imp rebirth since it's kind of useless (unless you wipe a lot).
    I run with about 300MP5 unbuffed, and I dont run oom when healing :l Try not to spam chain heal so much.

3. Try not to spam chain heal so much.
    NO

NO NO NO NO

MORE CHAIN HEAL.

Now seriously, the only wasteful spell in pve is healing wave, its still useful to save your tank from impending doom though, the crits from chain heal will proc water shield so it shouldnt use much mana.

Blmaestro
    I'm a new shammy healer, but have experience with healing with all other 3 classes.

Just to confirm, the Bizzuri totem (technically for Ele shammies) is bis over any of the other resto totems?

Also, I understand more crit = more mana restored, but what kind of balance should I have? I'm at 518 mp5 (with Water shield) unbuffed and 36% HEALING crit - what kind of gear should I aim for from here?

If you have no t10 bonus (still gearing), what's the optimum healing approach? I've been Chain Healing mdps and topping off rdps with 2 (sometimes Lesser) Healing Waves, Riptiding occasionally and keeping Earth shield up on tank.

Thank you for any advice.

5. First at all I have to say this is a really nice guide. Im following it since I have my shaman.
    But I cant find anything about Proffesions. Maybe you could tell me wich one I should take and why.

6. Healing wave is really useful not just for saving someone from hell, but also if you have the glyph of healing wave, you heal yourself for 20 percent of the value. Now the glyphs I use are Glyph of LHW, Glyph of Healing wave and Glyph of Chain heal. You shouldn't get the improved earth shield, cause it doesn't work, and 2 points in reincarnation is something you really need in ICC raiding. The BIS item offset item is definitaly Unclean Surgical gloves. Trinkets either double solace or solace and purified lunar dust. Trauma is really good when it procs, but for aoe fights, in all other the LK mace is better.
    http://armory.molten-wow.com/charact...ufi/Deathwing/
    Here is my armory if you want to look at my items and gemming.
    Professions are best Jewelcraftin and Blacksmithing or Enchanting.

Rorvik
    Just to confirm, the Bizzuri totem (technically for Ele shammies) is bis over any of the other resto totems?
    No, not even close. Resto should have 0 hit, so GL getting offensive spells to land, let alone wasting a GCD on a non-healing spell.

It's not bad for dual specced shaman who's OS is resto, but it is definitely not BiS.

8. May 18, 2012  
    kotora
    Hm it seems like the armory isn't working so if someone can post a build from here it will be awesome tnx :)

9. May 19, 2012  
    Groan
    Reinc is needed if you do not know tactics :P I usually die when it is a wipe anyway. Remember, the priority is keeping yourself alive, next tank, and at last dps.. there is an offtank that can take extra punishment with cd-s for limited time (battle rezz), but if healers die that is the surest wipe.

My question is how do you fellow resto shamans fare at Sindragosa? She just loves to debuff me, and my healing is cut in half with that. Druids-priests-even palas have powerful instants that does not earn them a debuff.. strange, but riptide does give me one, chain heal gives 4.. All I can do is throwing around a healing wave once in a while:(

10. May 22, 2012  

Great Work

This is one of the best guides of restoration shaman u ever find. This is a very easy to understand unlike Etlist jerks one which can be too mathematical for new players.

Great job!

I have a parting query though! I think Glyph of Healing wave > Glyph of HST

2nd one is why 2/5 in thundering strike? I mean taking 3 points from there and putting it in Ancestral Fortitude?

3% crit rating > 10% Physical damage reduction in my opinion.

Even though Improved Earth shield doesn't works u sud get points in it cause it increases ur charges by 1 . That means when u r refreshing earth shield you can spam another chain heal.

Other than this two things THIS IS THE GUIDE FOR ANY RESTO . I followed this guide and it helped me most.

My Build -
    0/16/55

Recent top healings done -

Stinky 25 I think

BQL 10

11. May 22, 2012  
    Rorvik
    1) Your stat priority is incorrect, Haste is the best stat for resto shamans, no contest. Not SP. This is mathematically proven.

2) When gemming, you should absolutely only gem blue sockets with blue/green gems if you need to meet a meta gem requirement, otherwise put Quick Kings Amber into every blue slot. Red sockets should only ever have Reckless Ametrine in them. You had yellow correct. Haste, Haste, Haste.

3) The BiS list depends greatly on the instance. For example, for VOA or ICC 10, it is better to use 2 piece T9 + 2 piece T10 than it is to use 4 piece T10. Similarly, Totem of the Surging Sea is better in raids where people are spread out, or when you are going to have to tank heal, while Totem of Calming Tides is better in 25 mans or where people are bunched. Honestly, then, you should have two gear sets, one with 2T9 2T10, and one with 4T10.

4) The Lightning-Infused Leggings are not BiS, Leggings of Woven Death are. Haste, Haste, Haste.

5) As nearly everyone has pointed out, Glyphing HST is incredibly wrong. Glyph of Earthshield is the second best glyph behind the CH one, and Glyph of Riptide is miles better (especially with the 2T9 bonus) than Glyph of HST.

That's the stuff that I think is dead wrong. I still disagree with your talent build (Imp. ES is bugged, so why talent into it, and why put talents into AF at all?!) and I disagree with some of your enchants (Brilliant Spellthread gives spirit, which is 100% useless to us, get Sapphire Spellthread instead, and Tuskar's Vitality for feet). However, these differences are not proven, mathematically, to be incorrect, so all I can say is that I would chose differently.

This guide is the absolute best on the internet, and it includes the mathematics to back up what I have said in points 1-5.

12. May 23, 2012  

Haste > SP > Haste after soft cap

Haste > SP no doubt in that.

But lets calculate the haste needed here

38.7% aka 1269 Haste rating is the Soft cap.

5% Spell haste ( WoA Totem ) = 5 x 32.78 = 163 Haste rating

So , 1269 - 163 = 1106 Haste rating

1106 Haste rating reached via gear and gems.

Now you should go for +23 SP gems

13. May 24, 2012  
    Rorvik
    Haste > SP no doubt in that.

But lets calculate the haste needed here

38.7% aka 1269 Haste rating is the Soft cap.

5% Spell haste ( WoA Totem ) = 5 x 32.78 = 163 Haste rating

So , 1269 - 163 = 1106 Haste rating

1106 Haste rating reached via gear and gems.

Now you should go for +23 SP gems
    I would completely agree if getting to the soft haste cap brought Chain Heal down to 1 second, and if healing worked the same way DPS did. Let me explain.

First, let me use my shaman as an example. My (unbuffed) non-crit CH casts currently land for somewhere between 7-11k on average on my main target, and less for targets that it jumps to. After running a quick RDF HC(with buffs), I averaged 2.2kHPS, but I can see that from 72 casts, CH only healed for an average of 3.9k.

So wait, why is there this disparity? Why does my chain heal, which normally heals the main target alone for almost twice as much as that RDF HC average, heal so low?

Because unlike DPS, healing is dependent on the damage the group or raid takes per second. DPS don't need to worry about this, because there will never be a point where they are dealing more damage than is effective. Healers, however, can reach a point where their heals are inefficiently large. This is easy to realize if we imagine a hypothetical healer that has a heal that heals for 100,000 -- sure they have an awesomely powerful spell, but it heals for vastly more than the raid needs. Just like my Chain Heal did not heal for the amount it is (averagely) capable of in the RDF HC, the healer with the 100,000 heal will never heal for that a amount in any raid situation.

What's more, because of the way Blizzard set up the healing/DPS system, you cannot simultaneously boost cast's speed and spellpower. This means we have to chose between huge casts at relatively slow speed, or smaller casts at relatively quick speed.

At a certain level, then, unless I am healing a tank that is taking massive DPS, I do not need to stack SP. In fact, overdoing SP actually hurts me, because while I am casting beefy over-heals on my target, someone else is quickly (and more efficiently) healing up other targets. If I stack haste, however, I do not notice these diminishing returns. Instead, I am more able to quickly heal targets to an acceptable level, rather than pushing them up past max health.

My chain heal currently takes 1.8 seconds to cast, and I won't stop stacking haste until I have BiS gear, or CH is cast at 1 sec, whichever comes first.

14. May 24, 2012  

My chain heal currently takes 1.8 seconds to cast, and I won't stop stacking haste until I have BiS gear, or CH is cast at 1 sec, whichever comes first.

Chain heal cast time will not be 1 sec even if you have BiS gear.

Our chain heal base cast time ( old ) is 2.5 sec

Now the equation is Haste Rating = 3278 x (old cast time/new cast time -1)

Haste = 3278 x (2.5/1 -1)

That means u need 4978 Haste to lower your chain heal to 1 sec. :D

15. May 25, 2012  
    Rorvik
    Chain heal cast time will not be 1 sec even if you have BiS gear.

Our chain heal base cast time ( old ) is 2.5 sec

Now the equation is Haste Rating = 3278 x (old cast time/new cast time -1)

Haste = 3278 x (2.5/1 -1)

That means u need 4978 Haste to lower your chain heal to 1 sec. :D
    Guess I'll have to settle for however much haste I have stacking it in BiS gear. :)

First 12345 Last