1. May 27, 2012  
    first of all, may i say this is a great guide to know exactly what you have to be and do as Resto Shammy, so thank you a lot. this guide helped me figure out many things, since i tried playing resto before but failed. now after reading this guide, i have improved quite a bit.

now though, i must say my MS is elemental, and my resto is OS. as ele shammy im often finding myself annoyed at Resto shammy's who don't know Elemental shammy use Totem of Wrath and use the Flametongue totem (which doesnt allow one to benefit from Totem of Wrath for those who don't know). this is weird to me, because when im on healing job, i always make sure to know:
    1) which spec the other shammy's in my raid or in party are
    2) which totem they are using so as to maximize the different kinds of totems useable.

now, i'd love to know if its me who is the one with the problem being to huffy about totems or if its the others who don't know how to play shammy properly...

hoping this is in the right thread as in every single shammy guide i read, you are told to use your totems wisely.

ty in advance for replies :)

2. May 28, 2012  
    Rorvik

now though, i must say my MS is elemental, and my resto is OS. as ele shammy im often finding myself annoyed at Resto shammy's who don't know Elemental shammy use Totem of Wrath and use the Flametongue totem (which doesnt allow one to benefit from Totem of Wrath for those who don't know). this is weird to me, because when im on healing job, i always make sure to know:
    2) which totem they are using so as to maximize the different kinds of totems useable.

now, i'd love to know if its me who is the one with the problem being to huffy about totems or if its the others who don't know how to play shammy properly...
    Definitely annoys me, too. Good thing to add.

3. May 28, 2012  

Yes this is very annoying.I faced this problems in some pug runs.There is one thing here we can do is to /w to the other shammies and setting up the totems wisely.If not then ask the leader to do a rw about flametounge.

4. you said "Red Socket: 23 Spellpower (Runed Cardinal Ruby) or 12 Spellpower 10 Haste (Reckless Ametrine)
    Yellow Socket: 12 Spellwpoer 10 haste (Reckless Ametrine)
    Blue Socket: 10 Haste +5 Mana per 5 secs (Energized Eye of Zul)
    Meta: +21 Critical Strike and chance to restore mana on spellcast ( Insightful Earthsiege Diamond)"

but that meta dont give 21 crit but yes 21 intellect.

Legends
    think we really need an updated resto guide with any new bug issuses spec, gear, gems, rotation, the whole 9 yards

6. Not so good guide, I especially don't agree with trinkets choice. Trauma sux also, only viable in some encounters I guess

7. Not so good guide, I especially don't agree with trinkets choice. Trauma sux also, only viable in some encounters I guess
    This is very outdated.

Meta gem suggested here is bugged you dont get any mana from it . On my recount after an entire icc25n clear it did 4k mana restore ... and that is TOTAL. Skip it get something else.

ES is either bugged or doesnt scale with SP I dont know but either way dont talent it its a waste of points go for improved reincarnation instead.

It might have been the case when this was written but ceirtainly not how shammies work these days.

8. So what is the min and max haste a resto shammy should have nowdays?
    Also do spirit items help or not for mana reg?
    Why is my mana reaching 0 with 600 mp5

9. You have zero use of spirit because you don't have talents like Meditation; in terms of mana regen shamans are the same as paladins. Your mana regen comes from Water Shield. mp5 on items, and some raid buffs.

10. sorry for the long post but please take the time to read this if you are really interested in playing pve restoration shaman.

ive been meaning to make my own guide for about a year after i finished my resto druid one but never found the time as i hardly play my resto shaman anymore.

and let me also state that i raid 25 Heroic ICC and 25 Heroic RS every week so my "opinion" will be based off end game level healing

let me first off say that half this "guide" is wrong.

3/3 elemental weapons is complete trash. the Sp gain is like what 45-50ish? 3 talent points for that little spell power?.....no.... use it in ancestral healing since you will be chaining off tanks or melee for most fights and they are in direct fire of the boss it actually does come in pretty handy. or even imp. reincarnate. both are much better choices than 50 spell power.

Glyph ofhealing stream totem? WHAT?!? you cant be srs with this one....

glyph of earth shield????????? over earthiliving? this guy obviously has never run the numbers on anything to see what is better he just made his spec up without actually trying it out and says its the way shamans should gear...

earth shield is such a bugged heal on molten that it is pointless right now to glyph for it. earthliving will destroy earth shield every day. considering that earthshield is bugged and procs when it should not causing massive overhealing should be enough to convince anyone that its worthless....

the problem with earth shield is this- instead of procing like it should after a hit is received from an NPC it actually procs before the hit so if your tank is at 100% HP its healing him for 100% overheal. the only time it ever works is if the target is below 100% hp and receives damage. why would you glyph around a bugged heal?

your BiS list leaves out Heroic Ruby Sanctum gear?

BiS cape, belt, and trink come from there.... why would you leave that out?

trauma

i want to really emphasize this weapon and those still using it... the proc rate is broken to as all get out. it is still broken its not fixed so for all you players who say it is fixed its not.

The ICD on the weapon is way too long and IT SHOULD NOT HAVE AND ICD. Check here for how it should be working. the proc rate is just terrible for this to be our BiS.

sure its decent but no where near BiS. The mace from LK is 2nd and the legendary is 1st.

so why he put a 3rd bis weapon as first is beyond me just really goes to show that this guy has not done any research or studied anything about his class so now new players will come here and read this thinking its correct.....great

moving on....

shamans rely on haste more so than spell power and you will never convince me different.

while recent changes (the most recent updates) have made me go for less haste its still above the 1269 haste mark. The more heals i can throw out the better. and im talking chain heal here. as we all know its our #1 heal.

the 1269 or whatever that cap is that people keep talking about.... is FOR LESSER HEALING ONLY. NOT CH.

there is no way with any gear you will ever reach a 1 sec gcd on CH. the diminishing returns make it impossible to do that. so here is where your play style and raid comp come in to play and the fuzziness of what is exactly best for a resto shaman

there is a point where you want to stop going haste and go spell power but that point is really up to the player. we have many different shamans who heal our main/alt runs who use different set ups. some prefer a little more speed over throughput and vice versa. i have yet to be able to really see a significant difference in the two at or around 1400-1500 haste.

this can also be compounded by the fact that other healers are lacking in comparison to you yourself.

for instance im a full BiS resto shaman and i mow through most healers that are BiS and have no clue how to play and all of them who are not equally geared. so of course i will do a significant amount of healing over them. just because i am does not mean my spec is right, it comes down to how well they know how to play and gear as well. ofc you are going to outheal some guy on a toaster computer. it does not justify your spec as being "the one".

however at end level high end guilds you better have your ducks in a row because you will be facing some great healers. this will effect your healing in comparison to healing with pugs/undergeared/underskilled players.

so please understand that part.

totems....

oh boy...

why are you using strength of earth? let the Dk cover that. you should be using stoneskin. if an ele is in raid you should be using frost resist. healing stream is useful only if you have another shaman dropping mana stream and even then im wary of using it bc if he dies i wont get the effect so im busy swapping totems mid fight. and of course lastly spell haste totem.

however there are times when u will need to earthbind or tremor so dont forget to have these hotkeyed in advance.

closing:

please redo this guide.

giving players false information is just bad as a whole for the community. i wish i had time to actually finish my guide but i am just way to busy to do one on a class that i dont play much of anyways except in dire situations or alt runs.

11. giving players false information is just bad as a whole for the community. i wish i had time to actually finish my guide but i am just way to busy to do one on a class that i dont play much of anyways except in dire situations or alt runs.
    gearing up a resto shammy at these days. i really want to see ur resto shammy guide , please put on forum very soon ^.^

12. gearing up a resto shammy at these days. i really want to see ur resto shammy guide , please put on forum very soon ^.^
    its been sitting half completed for almost 6 months now. the problem is there is really no sure way to gear/heal as a shaman. sure you get to a certain point with stats and gear but after that its pretty much swapping trinkets/gear or going sp over haste or haste over sp but knowing exactly where that happens in a raid and makes or breaks your healing is really hard to define.

13. Why is my mana reaching 0 with 600 mp5
    Probably because of lack of appropriate raid buffs.

Blmaestro
    Probably because of lack of appropriate raid buffs.
    Replenishment is that raid buff most necessary for healer mana restoration.

15. its been sitting half completed for almost 6 months now. the problem is there is really no sure way to gear/heal as a shaman. sure you get to a certain point with stats and gear but after that its pretty much swapping trinkets/gear or going sp over haste or haste over sp but knowing exactly where that happens in a raid and makes or breaks your healing is really hard to define.
    Pretty much what funky said.

I think i've experimented with pretty much any build when it comes to resto shaman, i've been maining it for a year now, doing every single bit of content out there. It just depends what your run. If you're farming dugneons, Lesser healing wave glyph works, as well as gemming for mp5, since you'll be mostly covering tanks ***.

When it comes to raiding, i've tried going high haste (using Bizuri totem's of shattered ice for extra 220 haste, by tagging the boss once with flameshock), and i didn't see much bigger difference in my HPS compared to SP totem. Either way, this is what most shamans in Aurora agree is the most optimized build - 1450 haste, rest SP, Glyph of Earthliving, Glyph of CH, Glyph of Healing wave. For talents, just copy mine, stuff I didn't pick either don't work (Imp. Earth Shield), or are not worth it (Elemental weapons - sucky 45 SP, imp. reincarnation is much better. For the rest, it's pretty much no brainer).

Here's the link http://armory.molten-wow.com/charact...naros/?group=2

First ... 2345 Last