1. Which class for starting profession?

Hello all, i never played WotLK before but i decided to move there now after i only got annoyed by the last incidents at MoP (lost Skycrystal after days of farming, loot bug at high end raids etc, raid guilds die slowly at Alliance) and heard it was the best patch till today

Because my main class DK will be unlocked later, ill have to start another class and decided to start a class where my DK will profit later on due gathering stuffs beforehand

So my question is - which is a good profession class in that? Druid? Paladin due a free mount at 40? Can mage teleport etc? Probably will be used for mining and gather herbs

Thanks in advance and cheers

2. Druids are unrivaled when it comes to herb farming, simply because they can do so without having to shapeshift out of flying/travel form.
    Mages can travel faster with teleports, yes, saves quite a bit of time.
    Paladins and Warlocks get "free" mounts.
    Shamans can hearthstone every 15 minutes and collect herbs in ghost wolf form.

Anything else is equal.

3. Crusader Aura as a paladin is really handy for farming anything. I'm not sure what level that's learnt though.

4. I believe the general consensus is that Paladins, Hunters and Druids are the fastest and easiest classes to progress on in early game.

This because of your increased movement benefits.
    The ability to deal with several enemies, and enemies in rought situations, and harder higher level enemies.
    The ability to quickly recover and not letting a lack of health pool or hard mana consumption stall your progress.

5. Thanks for the hints - i decided for paladin, but does it matter if i take a dwarf in that case due better treasure finding? Is that the same like vanilla, where random chests spawn in the open world and if yes, whats the advantage of taking a dwarf for that - more items or better loots or more spawning chests?

6. Thanks for the hints - i decided for paladin, but does it matter if i take a dwarf in that case due better treasure finding? Is that the same like vanilla, where random chests spawn in the open world and if yes, whats the advantage of taking a dwarf for that - more items or better loots or more spawning chests?

Why dont you log in and find out? Lordaeron is open to the public. I've gotten to level 32 with my human paladin and from my experience, chests are extremely frequent (I found one like every 10 min when I was in a Duskwood). Nearly every (if not all) chest contains a powerful green item. This was not the case i vanilla.

Edit@ Keep in mind that chests may only be frequent now because of the low population. Lordaeron will likely be very populated when officially launched which means there will be less chests for you.

As for the class. I would personally favor hunter if I was going for a solo speed progress. If played right, Hunters can solo nearly every elite quest, and farm kill large amount of mobs extremely fast.
    Edited: September 17, 2015

7. Thanks for the hints - i decided for paladin, but does it matter if i take a dwarf in that case due better treasure finding? Is that the same like vanilla, where random chests spawn in the open world and if yes, whats the advantage of taking a dwarf for that - more items or better loots or more spawning chests?
    To be honest you might be better off going Human just so you have a free trinket to help against world PvP while gathering. Weighing something like that versus the Dwarves' Treasure Finding racial isn't exactly easy. However for history's sake Treasure Finding has always been seen as a fun little gimmick instead of an actual option weighing on which race you pick.

Don't forget about Stone form either though, if you're gonna be playin it for 2 months it's a solid racial for tanking and pvp as well.