1. Gankage in Wetlands/Hillsbrad?

How often do alliance levelers get ganked in these zones? Given their location, I was planning on leveling there and avoiding Ashenvale, which is close to orc country.

2. How often do alliance levelers get ganked in these zones? Given their location, I was planning on leveling there and avoiding Ashenvale, which is close to orc country.
    Not too much actually. Just avoid STV at least dont go there before 40 lvl.

3. I've got killed 2 times in Wetlands and 1 time in Hillsbrad.
    I think that you shouldn't have that much problems with ganking untill you reach Tanaris/Ungoro. Avoid STV, it's aids.

4. You are on alliance side. 80% of all gankers and low lvl farmer are on ally side. You should be fine

5. define gank.
    if you talk about skull level players killing low level only thing you should do is avoiding STV (both sides gank) and Allerac (playing as Ally). In this zones I have met tons of lvl 60.
    If you are talking about world pvp against same levels (+/- 5) all zones 35+ aren't safe.

funny thing I saw was non-aggression pact in Desolace. there was a lot of both Ally and Horde questing and no one try to kill anyone.

6. define gank.
    if you talk about skull level players killing low level only thing you should do is avoiding STV (both sides gank) and Allerac (playing as Ally). In this zones I have met tons of lvl 60.
    If you are talking about world pvp against same levels (+/- 5) all zones 35+ aren't safe.

funny thing I saw was non-aggression pact in Desolace. there was a lot of both Ally and Horde questing and no one try to kill anyone.
    Wow that's interesting, desolace was pure pvp fest for me when i leveled :D
    As for ganking, in my definition it is to get killed in an unfair pvp situation where you have no chance to defend yourself. It can be a player just 6-7 levels above you (because i.eg. a caster will already miss all of his spells) or being killed by a group of 5 enemy players while you're alone.
    The level 60 ganking doesn't matter much because it can happen anywhere. You can go to the emptiest zone at the least played hours when there are barely 2k people online and still get corpse camped by a level 60 because you just killed the only enemy in the zone in a fair 1v1 fight and he got so pissed he called a friend to babysit him (yes it keeps happening over and over get used to it.)

On-topic, Wetlands is empty of Horde. The only thing you'll find are level 30 warlocks coming over from Arathi to do their class-quests for pets. One of them is at the border of Arathi, the other in the area where Dragonmaw orcs are. You should keep your eyes open when doing the quests at those spots, otherwise it's safe.
    Hillsbrad is full of level 20-30 hordies and your quests at Southshore are all for level 30-40 so you should be fine, though this also means it's not a replacement for Ashenvale (ashen is 20-30). Don't go to Hillsbrad between 20-30, there are no quests in that range for you.
    Ashenvale is an interesting place because people are murdering each other for no apparent reason (you don't share quests with the enemy like in STV). What you have to share in ashenvale is the roads... everyone is traveling on the roads instead of shortcutting (going straight between A and B instead of using the road). It could be because of the random tree branches blocking your way combined with an oversensitive anti-cheat system that prefers you walking straight, but this means there is constant pvp along the roads... so if you actually decide to quest in Ashenvale, the best advice to be given is to stay off the roads as much as you can.

7. What i enjoy doing at level 36 is to go in Hillsbrad , in the Yeti cave, and kill those Yeti to skin them. It's relaxing.
    There are always 2-3 horde players in that cave that group bang me on sight. It's a fight over resources i guess.

Even if low level, proximity to Tarren Mill means that Horde players travel in groups or swarm close to each other. It can turn into a PVP fest real quick.

8. How often do alliance levelers get ganked in these zones? Given their location, I was planning on leveling there and avoiding Ashenvale, which is close to orc country.
    its always good to ask such things in a forum where potential gankers can see it so they start infesting those quiet areas too ...

9. How often do alliance levelers get ganked in these zones? Given their location, I was planning on leveling there and avoiding Ashenvale, which is close to orc country.
    Not that much.

Got ganked in:
    Wetlands: 0
    Hillsbrad: once
    Ashenvale: twice

Majority just minds their business. Unless there is level advantage at hand, and perhaps some ego problems.

Indeed. But there is pretty much no competition for resources. Mobs spawn fast enough there.
    Edited: October 13, 2015

10. funny thing I saw was non-aggression pact in Desolace. there was a lot of both Ally and Horde questing and no one try to kill anyone.
    I've seen many horde players there when I was leveling my priest, but they just mind their own buisness, I've never got killed there.
    It's like we all agreed that STV and world PvP sucks, so we came to Desolace xD

11. If you think that STV is aids, just wait to see Felwood and Winterspring [as Alliance] it's disgusting.

12. Yesterday evening, at peak time, 3-4 horde players, level 60 where in Soutshore, in the actual Inn, killing all NPC and players.
    Made the mistake of hearting to the inn, got ganked and then re-ganked after ressing.

"Fun !"