1. Changing Difficulty in SoO, Soft Reset Timer

I'm making this post in hope that i can get some more information about SOFT RESET timer since it currently requires that to change difficulty once you get ID, sometimes we wait 30-35 minutes and we successfully change the difficulty, and sometimes we waited 45-50 minutes and it still didn't reset. I know it should be instant, and able to change inside raid but until it gets fixed, does anyone know what is the real timer for soft reset, and during that timer what are things that shouldn't be done like entering a raid because it would reset the timer from zero

2. IMO it should be instant and fixed ASAP, because it's seriously annoying, when some bosses are pretty much unkillable (Malkorok) and you want to switch, that's nearly two hours of just waiting around.

3. http://imgur.com/a/wDJ6C

Album log of my experiments. Total of 7 tests.

Results:
    Soft-reset is 30 mins
    Disbanding does not affect the switch directly (though actions after disbanding can)
    Doing BGs (on the raiding toon or on another alt) does not affect the switch
    Doing another raid of the same difficulty does not affect the switch
    Soft-reset is needed for every switch

Uncertainties:
    If the mechanics change when the full raid group is on, as I was experimenting with the progress run id that was finished for the week and was the only one online during the tests.
    If the soft-reset is different for the very first one, as these experiments were done hours after the raid finished.
    If the results hold true if other raid members do it, as I was testing in a solo capacity to replicate if the raid leader's actions outside SoO affect the switch.

Needs more testing:
    (the uncertainties above)
    If objects left behind (blingtron, tree, darkmoon tiger, portable mail, etc) can affect the timer.
    If switch mechanics change when more than10 toons are saved in an id

Speculation of factors outside the players control that might affect the switch mechanic and/or timer:
    unknown warmane switch mechanic
    a gm watching the raid

Of course there is also the chance that a raider is just messing with everyone's time.

Edit: If you have other findings or can confirm the above findings, please do so. It would be much faster if we pool our knowledge to figure out the mechanics of warmane's switches until they can implement a retail-like script of switching.
    Edited: July 30, 2017

4. http://imgur.com/a/wDJ6C

Album log of my experiments. Total of 7 tests.

Results:
    Soft-reset is 30 mins
    Disbanding does not affect the switch directly (though actions after disbanding can)
    Doing BGs (on the raiding toon or on another alt) does not affect the switch
    Doing another raid of the same difficulty does not affect the switch
    Soft-reset is needed for every switch

Uncertainties:
    If the mechanics change when the full raid group is on, as I was experimenting with the progress run id that was finished for the week and was the only one online during the tests.
    If the soft-reset is different for the very first one, as these experiments were done hours after the raid finished.
    If the results hold true if other raid members do it, as I was testing in a solo capacity to replicate if the raid leader's actions outside SoO affect the switch.

Needs more testing:
    (the uncertainties above)
    If objects left behind (blingtron, tree, darkmoon tiger, portable mail, etc) can affect the timer.
    If switch mechanics change when more than10 toons are saved in an id

Speculation of factors outside the players control that might affect the switch mechanic and/or timer:
    unknown warmane switch mechanic
    a gm watching the raid

Of course there is also the chance that a raider is just messing with everyone's time.

Edit: If you have other findings or can confirm the above findings, please do so. It would be much faster if we pool our knowledge to figure out the mechanics of warmane's switches until they can implement a retail-like script of switching.
    You kinda didnt kill anything in the instance so it doesnt even need to reset, makes your tests kinda useless.
    If you dont touch anything in the raid you can switch however you like and dont have to wait.
    What i can confirm tho is instances reset after server DC.

5. It was a raid stopped just before malkorok. See test 7. Right after switching from hc to norm from the previous test, I went out and switched to hc and then I went in without waiting for soft reset. Result was that the boss' hp remained with normal values as seen in the screenshots.

6. It was a raid stopped just before malkorok. See test 7. Right after switching from hc to norm from the previous test, I went out and switched to hc and then I went in without waiting for soft reset. Result was that the boss' hp remained with normal values as seen in the screenshots.
    last test is weird

7. last test is weird
    it's a test of what you assumed was the way it worked.

If you dont touch anything in the raid you can switch however you like and dont have to wait.
    1. I went in and boss was at normal mode hp (result 6 screenshot, lower right part 376m)
    2. Went out and switched to hc (test 7 screenshot, lower left part, chat says raid difficulty set to 10 heroic)
    3. Went back in without waiting for soft-reset and entered with boss still on normal hp (result 7 screenshot, hp lower right, still 376m)

Typed test 7 as test 6 on the ingame chat by mistake.

If anyone has any other ideas regarding the current switch mechanic of frostwolf, please do share but preferably with proof.

Maybe the staff could also reply here and say if the devs are aware of this problem at all.