1. Paladin tanking viable?

Hey all,

I have never played vanilla before. Just curious of the viabilty of pala din tanking. (At least for some RDF and lvling casually).

Highly appreciate any input on this topic.

2. No it isn't viable.

No taunt

No spammable on-button threat generation.

You'll have to wait till TBC.

3. Hey all,

I have never played vanilla before. Just curious of the viabilty of pala din tanking. (At least for some RDF and lvling casually).

Highly appreciate any input on this topic.
    In original vanilla Paladin tanks were really rare, since they have no taunt. But the few i saw was very good and acted as tanks in raids too.
    For RDF i can't say you would like it. Holding aggro in vanilla is different than tbc/wotlk and even Warrior tanks are having hard time, cos so many dps players just decide to go full aoe or start to nuke down wrong mobs not following killorder.

4. By the definition of viable, yes. I've played prot pallys since OG TBC drop and this server was my first time tanking vanilla. If you've been spoiled by WotLK pally tanking like I have its going to be difficult (but in the fun kind of way) to adapt. No taunt and reliance on mana is a huge problem, bring plenty of drinks and mana pots, try to conserve mana after getting a good hold on aggro so you can get multiple pulls before drinking. You'll probably lose some mobs to casters on occasion, dont sweat it.
    For raids, if there are prot warrs available, no shot. :(