1. 3 Days Ago  

Tierlist PVP/PVE

Is there any tier list of all classes? we have balance patches? i'm new in warmane

2. 2 Days Ago  
    What kind of tierlist do you want?

For PVE there usually is just DPS and healing preforamnce or what class is the most IMPORTANT healer or dps as a whole even though most raids have all of them in 25 ICC Heroic.
    That kind of list is easier to put together even if some smaller variations between peoples experience and opinions on who is at the very top varies, most intelligent people would agree on most things there.

An example for a DPS tierlist on 25 ICC heroic is:
    S = Firemage, Furywarrior, Rogue, Retpaladin, Hunter
    A = Affliction Warlock, Feral, Unholy DK,
    B = Shadowpriest, Balance druid, etc
    C = etc

An example for a Healing tierlist on 25 ICC heroic is:
    S = Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin
    A = Disc priest
    B = Resto druid
    C = Holy priest

There are more "inclusive" ways to rank a DPS tierlist by not just looking at dps preformance but how much they are needed as a whole as a class and spec. I prefer that kind of thinking, but my example is more focused on DPS

For PVP there are no good tierlist for single classes becasue thats not how PVP works.
    If we look at only arena 2v2 for example then some lists can be made, or which class can have the highest amount of honorable kills and damage done in a BG, those kind of lists work.

I like the kind of lists for 2v2 when you either list the whole combo of what class together with what other class is in S, A, B etc. Or if you have to specifically list single classes then listing the healers tierlist for 2v2 and 3v3 is the best choice.
    The healers or hybrid specs who have classes that works best with them for diffrent comps are a better place to start in practice.

"Best or most prominent healers" in 2v2 arena tierlist example:

SS = Holy paladin
    S = none
    A = Disc priest
    B = Resto shaman
    C = Resto druid
    D = none
    F = Holy priest

If I would make a tierlist for comps then I have to preface it by saying that I mean for ladder when you meet random comps, not in a tournament setting where you can counterpick and countergear.
    I also assume that everyone who play a certain comp plays it on a very high level.
    So this list is not for those who just start out, but to know what at the end of the skill level looks like for 2v2, for example:

S = (Holy paladin / Arms warrior), (Holy paladin / Destruction Warlock)
    A = (Disc or Shadow priest / Sub or Assa rogue), (Disc priest / Feral druid)
    B = (Enhancement shaman / Hyrbrid paladin), (Shadow or Disc priest / Frost mage), (Marksman hunter / Ret or Hybrid Paladin)
    C = (Resto Shaman / Destruction warlock), (Sub Rogue / Frost mage), etc
    D = etc

I will end with what classes are the absolut best for DPS and honorable kills when you are alone and do not que with a party for BGs:

SS = Hunters
    S = Balance druid
    A = Warlock, Deathknight
    B = Mage, etc
    C = etc

3. 2 Days Ago  
    I will end with what classes are the absolut best for DPS and honorable kills when you are alone and do not que with a party for BGs:

SS = Hunters
    S = Balance druid
    A = Warlock, Deathknight
    B = Mage, etc
    C = etc
    If you are playing alone... mage? Warlock? Those are bad choices. Ret and spriest at least have emergency buttons and can heal themselves.

4. 2 Days Ago  
    25 raid PvE, DPS List

SS - Firemage, Fury War
    S - Afflic Lock, Combat Rogue, Feral, MM hunter
    A - Unholy DK, Ret Pal, , Frost DK, Blood DK DPS, Boomie
    B - Surv Hunter, Shadow Priest, Demo lock*, Assa Rogue
    C - Arcane Mage, BM Hunter, Destruction Warlock, Arms Warrior
    D - Frost Mage, Subtlety Rogue

-You'll have a hard time getting into any raid with C and D tier classes (You dont often see Assa rogues or Surv hunters but people dont mind them as much and you can get in.)
    -Yes all 3 DK dps specs are on par with eachother in terms of damage, but you'll mostly see unholy for its debuffs that it brings, though enough people like frost DK that you wont get laughed at, and unless your BIS+Shadowmourne, don't play blood dps
    -Every raid requires 1 demo lock, people also like shadow priests/boomies for buffs/utility despite their lacking in damage
    -Survival hunter can actually beat MM hunter on some fights.
    -Afflic locks and Ferals can beat Fire mages and Fwars in very specific cases+external buffs but are less consistent and stackable

5. 2 Days Ago  
    If you are playing alone... mage? Warlock? Those are bad choices. Ret and spriest at least have emergency buttons and can heal themselves.
    Yep.
    Mage might actually be on A together with DK when I think about it. Living bomb is very good when you have so many targets, you dont even need to cast fireball before you get pyros.
    Shadowpriest might be on the same level as warlock though in B then.
    To get high honorable kills and damage done you need good aoe or atleast good dots. The point is to always be behind a large group of melee and healers and just helping with dps essentially from afar.
    Never traveling alone in the BG itself, if that is what concerns you.
    Im just saying if you have no setup of people queing into a battleground together with communication then the best you can do is to follow the herd and help with dps with good range spells from far away.
    Warlock got a pet and teleport and long range dots as affliction or AOE stun that can help the group win the fight.
    Dk got alot of good defensives and alot of pets with army to mess things up, grip to stand behind the group after diseases are spread to secure a free kill and become more than the opponents group faster.
    Fire mage which is what I was thinking about, even though they slow worse than a frost mage, they still have talent for moving fast, blast wave, dragons breath, blink and block. Their job is the same as a warlock or a shadow priest, to just help with dots and move away more and more behind the group if anyone tries to come close.
    Edited: 2 Days Ago

6. 2 Days Ago  
    First of all, you don't have to harm your opponents or even be in combat to get honorable kills. You get honorable kills just by standing relatively close to dying players.

Warlocks do not have an emergency button, teleport is very unreliable. You need to stack a lot of resilience. And at those levels of resilience you are sacrificing crit and your dots hit like a wet noodle. Besides, in the 284 meta, you need to be able to tunnel. A spriest and a mage (arcane or fire) can tunnel people (especially arcane). An affli lock relies on getting lucky with shadow trance, which is less likely the fewer dotted enemies there are.

Affli does not have "long range dots", their dots are 36 yd range. You are thinking fire mage, which can cast at 41 yd like a hunter.

I don't think fire mage is overall bad, but it relies too much on crits. If you are attacking a single enemy, there are chances you will be stuck spamming scorch without getting hot streak. Ice block is also bad, very very high cooldown, dispellable and you get stuck in place. Blazing speed (the "moving fast" talent) procs with a 10% chance from every physical hit. How many physical hits do you think you will be able to withstand from full arpen players, no matter what your resilience is? By the way, if there's a hunter on the other side, you should leave the bg to avoid unnecessary frustration.

If you want to play a ranged class, play a hunter. You can even make it full pve and play it alone without much trouble.

About DK I haven't said anything, I think it's good, but like other melees, they require a healer, which is not something you will always have. Playing melee without a healer can get frustrating.

7. 1 Day Ago  
    All classes are pretty much balanced the same. choose based on your preference. (but please do not roll paladin lol)