1. May 29, 2023  

Resto Shammy - Tidal Force

Hi Everyone,

Been trying to get a solid answer for a while and did a lot of reading but cant find any topics on this,
    Most guides a bit outdated, I have respeced a few times I just want the correct talent build,

One of my questions: is it really necessary for tidal force, 3min cooldown seems not worth it? can that 1 point be spend better elsewhere ?
    I am currently 6k gearscore busy farming my 4th t10 piece,

If anyone can maybe share the correct talent build I will much appreciate it, been inspecting a few resto's but almost everyone got a slight difference in builds

2. May 29, 2023  
    . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

3. 1 Week Ago  
    The answer to these questions is usually "it depends". Obviously Tidal Force is situational, but it's nice to have it in one macro with instant chain heal and GTS. If you are running one resto spec only, then I would strongly suggest to go with the usual cookie-cutter build, because that's what everyone else is doing.

https://imgur.com/a/1fPRPoe

If you want to go with two resto specs, maybe one designed to beat a specific encounter like Sindragosa heroic, then you have more freedom. But for that boss you could unspec Clense Spirit instead.

4. 1 Week Ago  
    That's actually the wrong screenshot, but you can't edit anything here. Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave is correct ofc.

5. 1 Week Ago  
    Most guides a bit outdated, I have respeced a few times I just want the correct talent build,
    Dunno what do you mean by this exactly but Resto Shaman has always had only 1 true PvE Spec and this has never changed since 2010 all the way to 2024. The screenshot provided by Neric represents the best PvE talent build for Resto Shaman and the one you should always run.

Back on the topic about Tidal Force. Your alternative option is to put 1 point in Elemental Weapons which will provide you with additional 15 spell power and nothing else. This talent is NOT a multiplier that increases the healing by Earthliving as some people still think it does. The only increase you gain is by these 15 spell power. 15 spell power is a negligible gain even with low gear considering that it's worth less than 1 spell power gem as a stat value. On the other side Tidal Force has an unique mechanic which will give you 3 stacks increasing your crit chance. The good news is that a stack will not be consumed until you actually crit which makes it even more valuable. That being said, it has a lot applications such as spreading 4P/T10 via Chain Heal, using it to heal 2 tanks (2 targets) simultaneously via Healing Wave and Ancestral Awakening which believe me, comes in handy for Lich King fight and not only. 1 talent point for a life saver cooldown if used in the right time is a no-brainer choice