1. Swatting? 0_o

Why do people do this?

The other day my sister was playing Advanced Warfare, and some dude was being rude as hell to her. Knowing my sister, she doesn't give an F about anything until the guy got pissed off from getting owned and threaten swatting. My brother was also in the room and just told her to leave the gaming lobby because the guy was being butthurt.

The crazy thing is, a Swatting took place in our area, people in a game store got arrested. The culprit was some 13 year old.

http://www.slashgear.com/13-year-old...ents-28375903/

Also a twitch player, was swatted in front of his kids and wife and 60k+ people, weeks before this 13 year old went on with what he did.
    http://kotaku.com/guy-swatted-in-fro...-ru-1684572290

Why? Dude this is why we never use Mics when playing console games :(, other than friends being with us.

2. This been going on for a while unfortunately.

3. It's crazy because she just plays the game, and nothing more, she only uses a mic with friends and family and now this one dude took it far.
    There needs to be something done about this.
    The sad thing is now pedos are running around, 2 weeks ago they got the guy who was openly talking crap to a little girl.

As for Koopatroopa787, some guy named Famed God, who will probably see 5 years if convicted, caused the swatting.

In my area, a 13 year old caused a number of arrested in our area.

4. Isn't there a law where if you make false accusations or false reports you serve a penalty? Depending on the severity of course.

In my opinion "swatting" should just be something that doesn't happen and imagine the trauma that causes to a man/female.

From a law stand of point I do not have any information but I am pretty sure you can file a law suit to the offending team and culprit who was wrongly accusing, I haven't seen cases as such go to court but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a minor who was sending the false accusations won't be as effective as it would be if the culprit was legal age (18+).

5. This been going on for a while unfortunately.
    A long, long while. In the 90's all it involved was just diverting through the operator to carry over the ANI, now its even easier. PBX Distro's, IP Relays..Spoofcards...etc etc. I unfortunately was SWAT'd when I was 16. My parents were not happy. SWAT team running around the privacy fence aiming MP5's at my parents lounging in the pool. The person who did it to me's father was actually a police officer too, in Massachusetts. He ended up getting in trouble because he dialed out of a conference line with other people listening and someone had ratted him out.

Isn't there a law where if you make false accusations or false reports you serve a penalty? Depending on the severity of course.

In my opinion "swatting" should just be something that doesn't happen and imagine the trauma that causes to a man/female.

From a law stand of point I do not have any information but I am pretty sure you can file a law suit to the offending team and culprit who was wrongly accusing, I haven't seen cases as such go to court but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a minor who was sending the false accusations won't be as effective as it would be if the culprit was legal age (18+).
    Laws were a little more lax at the time when it happened to me, so he just received probation and had to pay a lot in restitution. My parents did not press the charges, my local PD did. I'd imagine the person's parents could of been sued but we did not pursue it.

6. Isn't there a law where if you make false accusations or false reports you serve a penalty? Depending on the severity of course.

Depending on where you live and how serious it is you can risk jail time. But it's really all about the situation. If you for example thing you're funny and say you placed a bomb on a airplane you can risk some serious punishments when caught. (But then...****ing with the law is all bout not getting caught :P )