1. Decisionhelp, what shaman should i be

Greetings everyone,

My name is Rene im 31 years old and a laid back guy, which plays the shaman class since vanilla. I want to relive the tbc expansion, which is why i chose this server.

Now back to my question, i want to play a shaman (am close to outland by now) and start to "need" to know which way i go. I´d prefer to go for the dmg/support speccs aka ele or enhancement. I have a ton of experience with both speccs, know stuff like totemtwisting and what professions would be best etc. The bigger question is, what would the server actually like more, first off elemental or enhancement, second off which faction would "need" me more`?

I would be thankfull for any opinions.

Have a nice day

kind regards Raikoz

2. I dont think Enhance is much of support.. so Elemental for them heals when needed I guess

3. Shaman in itself is a support class. Specializing on buffing melees as enhancement or casters as elemental. Enhancement gives wf which is the single strongest melee buff in the game. (except for druids)

4. Well first of all what are you into? PvP ( arena or duels/BGs) or PvE?
    Secondly: Horde or Alliance?

If PvE:
    You will always be wanted as Restoration, especially in the later tiers.
    Elemental is somewhat rare when you reach Sunwell but it is not impossible to get raid spots.
    Enhancement will depend a lot on the number of melee present. It is a solid buffer but falls behind on damage. About as rare as elemental shamans.
    If Horde: Go with troll for pinch outputs, but frankly orcs work just as good.

PvP:
    Resto: Solid healing spec that is good for arena and BGs/duels. All races will perform just fine.
    Elemental: Rather useless until S3/S4 when spell haste comes. Go with Tauren for stomp in order to burst/heal.
    Enhancement: Avoid unless you like a real challenge and grinding teeth. Orc will likely serve you best here.

5. Damn yeah i needed to grant some information. My mainfocus is pve with the occasional pvp. I prefer to dont play resto, mainly cause i been "forced" to that during all of retail tbc and woltk. Even tho the specc is great and all i just dont enjoy healing all that much.

6. Tell me about it. I rolled a warrior on Outland for the sole purpose of being DPS and got forced into tanking as soon as I joined my first serious PvE guild.

Anyway, I suggest that you go Ele. It's extremely strong on low tiers, allowing you to do an absurd amount of damage by just being a lighting turret. You're very likely to outperform pure DPS casters too, at least until you reach T5. You'll also be able to off-heal dungeons (that's really important, believe me :D). And plus, we all know damn well that early WoW PvE wasn't exactly melee-friendly. You don't have to worry about cleaves, adds, stomps, whirlwinds, random AoE forcing you out of range etc. You just sit in one place and zap the boss until it dies. You're highly desired for caster groups. You're always desired for Hero/BL. You have no contest for your gear and can contest cloth & leather caster gear as well. It's a win-win-win-win. The only drawbacks are that eventually you will fall behind pure DPS classes (but so will Enha) and that your rotation after T6 consists of one spell (but so do half the casters).
    Edited: October 18, 2017

7. Greetings Rene!

I personally play elemental shaman on outland and I can really recommend it. We are definately far from the top dps on the recount meters in raid enviroment, however we buff our caster group with the totems etc so we're very popular. However I do indeed do some insane damage with overloads and stuff with my chain lightning in heroic dunegons and such it can be very fun at times. I've seen countless guilds atleast on alliance side that recruits elemental shamans and you're always wanted(even in sunwell).

Kind regards, Elem-Outland