1. Hunting this darn thing, as much as I'd like to have one for myself, has been a hilarious adventure nonetheless.
    I've usually encountered it when it was either already dead or bugged in some way (The dreaded evasion bug of 2012 I think it was?)

I'll never forget the first time I killed it. I was excited to be able to loot it.
    And then I watched it fall.
    And fall...
    And then it went through the floor....
    .....And kept falling.......
    .................................................. .......

*AHEM* But yeah. It was then I realized that the game was in fact alive and did not want me to have nice things.

Oh look, my mysterious egg hatched! *Picks out the 8th tickbird hatchling in a row*

*Bites its head off* Sho where wash I? ...Ah yeah. Happeh huntin'.

2. Idk about cata but i captured few tlpd's on wotlk realms, best time to hunt it is after an server crash but he might not spawn since he share spawn time whit other northren rares :) and never kill it in the air if u do he will fall and fall like it happened to u it happend to me twice , first time when i did kill it and second time some ****** find it after me so he "help" me killcit in air xD but still i catch it few times now have it on 3 chars :D

Good luck and happy hunting :)

3. Best to camp in Storm Peaks after server restarts, altough many people will be there as well. Seen it once this way, but someone was killing it already :/
    Vyragosa spawns most of the time. And he is called Time-Lost Proto Drake mostly, because you loose so much time trying to get it, it's crazy.

4. Hunting this darn thing, as much as I'd like to have one for myself, has been a hilarious adventure nonetheless.
    I've usually encountered it when it was either already dead or bugged in some way (The dreaded evasion bug of 2012 I think it was?)

I'll never forget the first time I killed it. I was excited to be able to loot it.
    And then I watched it fall.
    And fall...
    And then it went through the floor....
    .....And kept falling.......
    .................................................. .......

*AHEM* But yeah. It was then I realized that the game was in fact alive and did not want me to have nice things.

Oh look, my mysterious egg hatched! *Picks out the 8th tickbird hatchling in a row*

*Bites its head off* Sho where wash I? ...Ah yeah. Happeh huntin'.

about that egg part... i know EXACTLY how you feel, if those companions were 10k per one, i'd be a millionare

5. Can anyone please state the confirmed (or at least widely believed) respawn timer for TLPD / Vyrgosa? I don't think it is 1 hour on Sargeras..
    Thanks in advance.

6. Can anyone please state the confirmed (or at least widely believed) respawn timer for TLPD / Vyrgosa? I don't think it is 1 hour on Sargeras..
    Thanks in advance.
    its definitely not 1 hr its more like 6 hrs after kill

7. It used to be 6h on retail confirmed.

However it is pretty hard to track those 6h on Molten since spawn timer resets after server crash.

Your best shot to get one is to set heartstone in storm peaks, and after each server crash fly around waterfall. I've found around 14 Vyragosas in past 2 weeks and 0 Time losts on my alt.

However I got it on my main after first crash when I started to camp him.

Hope this helps.

8. Got it today. Just spawned infront of me. Wasn??t even searching him.

Screeny with kill time. [GMT +2]

9. **** me1 I killed Vyragosa on sarg and it felled through the ****ing floor :(

10. this thread + npcscan are just magic. got mine today :) killed vyra about 3-4 times, made my own route using the images in op. this is much easier than it used to be so anyone has a shot at the mount. if you want it follow the op!

can confirm 1 hour respawn on frostwolf, happened every single time except for once when someone killed vyra before me. the vyra and tlpd spawns were all from the op map.

11. i killed vyg and one hour and 15minutes , still got ****

12. Can anyone confirm TLPD is available / Spawned on Ragnaros?

13. All realms uses the same script so yes

14. can anyone confirm 1 hour spawn time on CATA realms? ive been using with 3 hour spawn time with good results i think

15. can anyone confirm 1 hour spawn time on CATA realms? ive been using with 3 hour spawn time with good results i think
    Yes.

Over the weekend I (along with a friends) caught 3 TLPDs, it's a 1 Hour timer.

First ... 223031323334 ... Last