1. Spell penetration and PvP

I've heard that spell penetration is not working correctly in PvP, would like to have second opinion on the matter, and maybe a third one too. Is spell pene something you want to gem for or not as a warlock? Read some sticky's but they left me unsure about this.

2. I've heard that spell penetration is not working correctly in PvP, would like to have second opinion on the matter, and maybe a third one too. Is spell pene something you want to gem for or not as a warlock? Read some sticky's but they left me unsure about this.
    Yea, most likely you want to get capped for resistances, damage reductions from resistances still work on warmane.

3. Yea, most likely you want to get capped for resistances, damage reductions from resistances still work on warmane.
    So resilience works fine but spell penetration not? May I be lazy and not to search forums and ask what's the resi cap?

4. So resilience works fine but spell penetration not? May I be lazy and not to search forums and ask what's the resi cap?
    Resistance is not resilience.

Resilience cap is 1420. Afterward there is no longer a critical dmg reduction.
    Spell penetration soft cap is 75 and hard cap is 180 as far i know.

As lock spell pene is optional because u have curse of the elements.

5. Spell penetration appears to work fine, it's resistances that are bugged, which in turn makes spell penetration less useful.

Resistance should have two effects, it should reduce damage from spells that deal damage only (non-binary spells) and reduce the chance spells that apply debuffs would land (binary spells). The way it works right now on Ragnaros/Deathwing is damage is reduced for non-binary spells but it does nothing for binary ones so your spell CC will never get resisted even if the enemy has max spell resistance. This in turn affects healers in a positive way, giving them free stats in place of where spell penetration would be since they only care about binary spells.

Resilience cap is 1420. Afterward there is no longer a critical dmg reduction.
    1414*
    Edited: September 4, 2015

6. Resistance is not resilience.

Resilience cap is 1414. Afterward there is no longer a critical dmg reduction.
    Just to add, in case there is any confusion, resilience remains a valuable stat after the "cap". Assuming you manage to get your resilience that high in the first place.

7. Spell resistance works, full resistances do not.