1. How long will the popularity last?

Topic. It's a shiny, new realm, with a mass re-balancing of power between players and factions, but will it last? Or go back to a dead realm?

Also, unrelated, why were some changes like dungeon finder disabled and gear requirements instituted? This isn't a blizz-like server, it seems.

2. We have no idea if the pop will still be there but we will see.... The gear and RDF related is because this is Kaer vision realm (how he wants it) and that has staff said multiple times :)

3. If the question is about time, it should last long at least as we're planning to release content gradually. The ultimate cause deciding Lordaeron's long-term population will be based on whether we manage to keep the first impression up as we progress to the end-game in classic, the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King, which will be very challenging but we're up to the task.

Naturally first days and weeks will be rough as people may encounter new end-game issues that staff hasn't been able to notice during internal tests, but how fast and how well we resolve those issues is what will be most important. Lordaeron's population must reflect what it deserves as a realm.

4. I think that 1 months for 1 expansion is just too low. At least 3 months.

5. I think that 1 months for 1 expansion is just too low. At least 3 months.
    Not much to do. Vanilla stuff is too easy with WotLK scaling. I wouldn't mind it because I'd have more time to level and all, but yea, those that already hit level 60 would most likely get bored. Since you can do AQ40 with like 20 people...

6. If the question is about time, it should last long at least as we're planning to release content gradually. The ultimate cause deciding Lordaeron's long-term population will be based on whether we manage to keep the first impression up as we progress to the end-game in classic, the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King, which will be very challenging but we're up to the task.

Naturally first days and weeks will be rough as people may encounter new end-game issues that staff hasn't been able to notice during internal tests, but how fast and how well we resolve those issues is what will be most important. Lordaeron's population must reflect what it deserves as a realm.
    excuse me so for example if you see the realm got a lot of ppl like now? you keep this pop cap? so far looks very amazing to me! :)

7. excuse me so for example if you see the realm got a lot of ppl like now? you keep this pop cap? so far looks very amazing to me! :)
    Kaer actually told us in the global chat that if Lordaeron is able to handle that many players, then they will increase the cap. I guess they will continue increasing the population cap if nothing bad happens, like crash or lag.

The population at this moment is pretty good. You can see players running around every zone and this is mainly, because the RDF tool is just gone and you don't have a choice. I think Lordaeron at this moment is getting 5 100 players online everyday.

From my experience, during the peak hours the realm is running quite well, without lag. I am pretty sure that it will be able to handle 6 000 connections, but I don't think that it will succeed to get that much anytime soon, since some people don't like the level 60 lock-in and the removal of the RDF tool.

I just hope that Kaer won't reduce the player cap to something below 5 000, like the last time, but we will see in time. I am not planning on leaving the realm anytime soon. I am expecting alot from Kaer and the whole staff team.

Good Luck guys!
    Edited: October 1, 2015

8. Since it Launched, Lord has always been the highest pop realm everytime I checked...looking good guys!

9. Till ppl get full gear then it will suck

10. Every hype ends now or then. Soon as WotLK hits population will drop.

11. Every hype ends now or then. Soon as WotLK hits population will drop.
    I disagree. I think the population will be booming, especially when Ulduar is current.

12. Since it Launched, Lord has always been the highest pop realm everytime I checked...looking good guys!
    there is larger one :D

13. Not much to do. Vanilla stuff is too easy with WotLK scaling. I wouldn't mind it because I'd have more time to level and all, but yea, those that already hit level 60 would most likely get bored. Since you can do AQ40 with like 20 people...
    What is scaled different, isnt is the same up to level 60 ?

14. Tbh I personally don't understand why people are bothering to play when northrend is 2 months off, I'd be bored out of my mind @ lvl 60 and 70.

15. You hit lvl 80 a lot faster than someone who started playing on day of WotLK release + you can take it slowly. I'm doing like 1-2 levels per day. (Which is only few hours of playing)

123 ... Last