1. The Forsaken would never use the Light to fight. They abhor it. It abandoned them in their darkest hour, in their direst need. Forsaken priests use their knowledge in the Light only very rarely to support the other troops, but they have no faith in it.

Gnome warriors - why not? Every race, no matter how small, can wield weapons and fight to defend its homeland - that's exactly how the gnomish infantry was formed to liberate Gnomeregan from the lepers.

Blood elf paladin - we spoke about that already. They got their power from torturing a Naaru and intend to use it against the Alliance, their stones back on their heads, who failed to protect them against the Scourge. To me it would make more sense if they resorted to the Light in their dark hours to give them hope, but if Blizzard had done that then they would have had to make blood elves part of the Alliance.

Troll mages really make no sense, honestly. I can't think of any justification for that, but they're quite popular among the Horde, so that makes me think they're just prone to magic. They can be great pyromancers or hydromancers, wielding those two elements without much effort. I also found this archaeology piece and this forum thread. It seems that Zandalari trolls actually knew magic quite well.
    Fair nuff, altho there are some points I disagree on. Yes, anyone can wield a sword, but anyone could also wield a dagger and there are probably some Draenei and Tauren that make it their lifestyle (the wyrmcult gang from blade's edge comes to mind), but are there enough to justify there being a whole plutoon of them as part of the horde or the alliance?

That's how I see gnome warriors and blood elf paladins. Especially the blood elf paladins. So they tortured a naaru to get their light powers. Lorewise, this takes place in somewhat secret, in the basement of the paladin building in Silvermoon. In truth, this must have been a big thing happening for them that has seeped into the blood elf culture, seeing how many blood elf paladins there are.

On the Undead using the Light thing I agree mostly, altho I can't help but wonder what if they'd have allowed the forsaken to use the Light. To me this matter, lorewise, seems as if it could have gone both ways. And again, the large number of disc/holy priests that are forsaken doesn't really line up with the lore but meh. One small mention, there are a few undead that willingly use the Light, within the Argend Crusade. Also, in later expansions, the Scarlet Crusade members at Tyr's Hand turn out to be undead and they too wield the Light.

Dats my 2 cents, enjoying these talks.
    1 more mention,i know this is only a game but it would seem intuitive for me that humans could have a lore adaptation to fit any and all classes and roles.
    Human shaman? Why not? Druid? There were plenty in Scotland! :) Human hunter? Yeah well, why isn't this in the game sice vanilla. -.-

2. Well, you see, this is where lore gets smeared by gameplay - indeed, the huge amount of BElf paladins is just silly, but it can't be helped due to the large amount of anime, elf and paladin fans. Blood Knights by themselves are not a secretive group or something, they're a well known order among the blood elves, led by lady Liandri - the matriarch of the Blood Knights seen in Shatrath next to A'dal.

Now, regarding human class viability, the mistake you're making is mixing real life human civilization history with the way humans are represented in the Warcraft universe. Hunters, yes of course. Shamans and druids - not really. Humans have absolutely no connection whatsoever with the spirits of the elemental plane in order to become shamans, unlike orcs, trolls, tauren and draenei. Dwarven shamans only come from the Wildhammer clan, and even they do not have that intimate connection with the elemental plane - they just like lightnings and gryphons. Druidism requires one to become one with nature, to have a very close understanding and relationship with it. The silly and simple humans who only care about their weapons and construction do not have this.

While I understand your point about Forsaken priests being able to play Holy or Discipline, this is again where lore gets smeared by gameplay. Otherwise night elves, dwarves and blood elves shouldn't be able to play Shadow. Human priests can go evil and turn to the shadows, troll priests can also turn into dark archons, draenei can also become soulpriests - their version of shadow priesthood. Blizzard just cannot ban whole talent trees from a class for a specific race, only because it doesn't fit the race's lore, or we would be going back to the Shaman (H) <> Paladin (A) times.
    Edited: March 5, 2016

3. http://wow.gamepedia.com/Light
    Regarding undead using the light..scroll down a bit..
    I find it really intriguing that 'dk and undead tanks feel alot of pain when they are healed by holy...'
    Dk tanks can confirm?:)

4. http://wow.gamepedia.com/Light
    Regarding undead using the light..scroll down a bit..
    I find it really intriguing that 'dk and undead tanks feel alot of pain when they are healed by holy...'
    Dk tanks can confirm?:)
    I wonder if I should put a speech for getting healed by Holy Light and such in my Speakinspell addon when playing my Gnome DK

"Gaaaaah!! Stop overhealing me!!"

Would be funny if every Forsaken and DK scream that out when someone in home city randomly heals them just to check how much they can heal with their gear or just for showing off.
    Edited: March 10, 2016

5. Efficiency-wise, I suppose most people would vote human for everything when it comes to pvp, tauren for tanks etc. But what race/class combos make sense and why:? If you could write a couple words on why, that'd be great. I love this server and I do enjoy a bit of roleplay here and there :)

My list would be:

Human Paladin
    Human Death Knight
    Human Mage
    Dwarf Warrior
    Gnome Mage
    Night Elf Male Druid
    Night Elf Female Hunter
    Night Elf Female Warrior
    Night Elf Female Priestess
    Draenei Paladin
    Draenei Priest

Orc Warrior
    Orc Warlock
    Orc Shaman
    Troll Warrior (berserker)
    Troll Hunter
    Tauren Warrior
    Tauren Druid
    Tauren Shaman
    Undead .. well anything really, lorewise
    Blood Elf Mage
    Blood Elf Hunter
    Blood Elf Paladin, no not really, i know the lore but the whole light-bending-to-their-will seems a bit far-fetched :P

So what's your list and why?

It's more like:

Human warrior
    Human paladin
    Human mage
    Human priest
    Human Rouge
    Human Warlock

Dwarf warrior
    Dwarf Shaman (wildhammer clan)
    Dwarf hunter
    Dwarf Warlock (Dark iron clan)
    Dwarf rouge (dark iron, defias brotherhood ect

Gnome warrior (actually quite common but not mainly on the frontline)
    Gnome mage (They can use arcane in their machines)
    Gnome rouge

Night elf Druid
    Night elf Priest
    Night elf Warrior
    Night elf Rouge
    Night elf Hunter

Draenei Warrior (uncommon but exists)
    Draenei Paladin/Vindicator
    Draenei Priest
    Draenei Hunter (Mostly younger generation of draeneis born on draenor)
    Broken Shaman

Orc Warrior
    Orc Warlock
    Orc Shaman
    Orc hunter (orc hunter aslo have some shaman powers)

Troll warrior (berserker)
    Troll Hunter (steriotypical)
    Troll Priest/shaman/warlock (witch doctors)

Tauren warrior
    Tauren Shaman
    Tauren Druid
    Tauren Hunter

Undead Shadow priest
    Undead mage
    Undead warlock
    (pretty much any class execpt warriors)

Blood elf Mage
    Blood elf Hunter
    Blood elf Warlock
    Blood elf Blood knight