1. I also leveled a feral druid there to 80 within 2 1/2 days .... did a lot pvp, some pve.... then realised that queues for battlegrounds took longer and longer and longer.... i also left and made a new druid at Icecrown. Not because it´s easier, more like because of the population. And i sadly have to say that there is also lotta more world PvP done.
    Edited: August 14, 2016

2. You all not getting the point here, it is not dead but its dying slowly as in DROPPING slowly. Not complaining but i'll explain.

From September to February at peak times there were 12k players online in Lordaeron, then from March to June it began to drop to 9k players online on peak times. On Early of July the peak time there was 8k players online, on late July the peak time there was 7k+ players online and right NOW as we speak at peak time there is now 6k+ players online.

I been watching how Lordaeron was dropping, it indeed decreasing time by time. And of course it is not dead yet, i completely agree with you guys but its dying slowly as in dropping slowly.

In the guild im in, seen players lvled to lvl 80 and then leaves lordaeon after 1-2 weeks due to boredness and i really dont know where those people are but im guessing they went ICC.

How we gonna bring back those people? Not sure really but im sure it'll bring like 1k-3k players back to lordaeron if opened rdf. And/or open ICC only in Lordaeron but of couse, it would be unfair but it does grab people's attention.
    Watching Lordaeron slowly losing its population is why I am afraid of leveling more characters. Spending so much time leveling, and if the server is (dead?) short time after hitting level 80. Would be a bit painful in my opinion.

3. Watching Lordaeron slowly losing its population is why I am afraid of leveling more characters. Spending so much time leveling, and if the server is (dead?) short time after hitting level 80. Would be a bit painful in my opinion.
    No need to be afraid of that.
    6k players are far away from beeing dead and when ICC comes out the population should increase again unless they mess it up with some boss custom buffs like in the current raids.

Imo they should remove all the boss custom buffs and enable rdf, then the population will definitely increase.
    x1 xp and no high end gear in the marketplace is already hardcore enough, no need for the other hardore stuff that just demotivates ppl to play here.

4. I also leveled a feral druid there to 80 within 2 1/2 days .... did a lot pvp, some pve.... then realised that queues for battlegrounds took longer and longer and longer.... i also left and made a new druid at Icecrown. Not because it´s easier, more like because of the population. And i sadly have to say that there is also lotta more world PvP done.
    yeah! I actually didnt wanna lvl in another server due to my characters being on lordaeron. So i went to try out ICC, I didnt went ICC becuz of the XP rate (i really dont like 2x++ xp rates) but becuz its always 12k online from morning to late evening. Loving the global chat spam full of WTS, WTB, LFG, LFM, etc. the chat goes insane, i can imagine me getting in a group extremely fast in rdf and bgs <3 Org and Sw always full of people and its SUPER full compared to Lordaeron its not that much like ICC. Love seeing city raids active everyday and so much more!

Well I will not trade my character from Lordaeron, I am waiting for something special to happen in Lordaeron and i am willing to come back to Lordaeron once something great happens to Lordaeron.

5. A lot of people leave when they hit 80, due to disabled RDF. It slowly kills your spirit. It killed mine.

I'm level 80, there is not much for me to do than tedious dailies. And after that its 45+ minutes of standing in Orgrimmar and spamming global in hope someone will notice.
    RDF is a poor excuse. Even in retail, at this stage of xpac prog, we didn't have RDF. So even if the server was "Blizzlike" we wouldn't have it. People spam global all day for dungeons at every level. THOUGH I suggest that if you are looking to group more frequently or repeatedly join a guild and if your current guild doesn't help than time to find a new one more aligned with your own needs. If you start blaming, "there aren't any guilds out there.....[filler]........" than create your own, at least that's what I did.

Edit.

BTW 6k people on 1 server is not dead. Log on to LFG or wow-one server and stare at their 700 people online peak. That's dead my friend. 6k is healthy, it also means it's not as populated as it could or once was.

Though on this topic, it does seem odd that we did drop half of our pop. I know the times that OP is referencing. About May-June. Nost went down in April + the time people spent on PlayTBC + the time they spent on LFG = about a month or so. I would imagine we picked up some of those people and maybe they realized Wrath wasn't for them and left. That's my guess.

6. RDF is a poor excuse. Even in retail, at this stage of xpac prog, we didn't have RDF. So even if the server was "Blizzlike" we wouldn't have it.
    Might be true that blizz didnt had rdf on the current patch but does it really matter?
    The absence of rdf demotivates ppl to play on lord. If rdf was enabled not a single player would leave because of that but more ppl would join.
    Also its a matter of experience balance between dungeons and questing to level up. Doing dungeons is worthless with out rdf, questing grants signifcant more xp in the same time frame. With working rdf questing would still grant slightly more xp but the gap would be smaller.
    Edited: August 15, 2016

7. If rdf was enabled not a single player would leave ...
    Is why you're statement is dismissed. You can't know that for a fact EVEN IF every person you spoke with ever said they left because of RDF. It would serve as an indicator but not fact. You don't know why 6k people left, and I could only guess about 15-20% left because of RDF and that's being generous.

I did dungeons AND questing while leveling with no dungeon finder and trust me, I did a lot of dungeons at every bracket. I found dungeons every time I tried. When people group up most know that forming groups can take time. If it flops - it flops. But RDF.....c'mon breh. "People are lazy, that's why they left".

How about a real excuse, "Server lag/crashes" , "80% accurate scripting", "Bugged abilities", "Lack of US Pop", "Bugged Quest", "Global filled with gold sellers", "faction unbalance", "Loot4Donations", "Character Trading", "Buggy Terrain", "Bugged/Respwning bosses in Ulduar - - which is confirmed bannable if you kill one that is in your way.......", "Bugged Deaths [no mount/dead in ghost form etc]"

But RDF...lol.

8. Is why you're statement is dismissed. You can't know that for a fact EVEN IF every person you spoke with ever said they left because of RDF. It would serve as an indicator but not fact. You don't know why 6k people left, and I could only guess about 15-20% left because of RDF and that's being generous.
    I never claimed that everybody left due to no RDF.
    There are several reasons why ppl leave and RDF is one of them.
    What i ment is that the few ppl that prefer it the hardcore way wouldn't leave lordaeron just because RDF gets enabled.
    If 15%-20% left because of no RDF, like u assume, then we would already get like 2k players back when they enable it. Sounds like a good deal.

How about a real excuse, "Server lag/crashes" , "80% accurate scripting", "Bugged abilities", "Lack of US Pop", "Bugged Quest", "Global filled with gold sellers", "faction unbalance", "Loot4Donations", "Character Trading", "Buggy Terrain", "Bugged/Respwning bosses in Ulduar - - which is confirmed bannable if you kill one that is in your way.......", "Bugged Deaths [no mount/dead in ghost form etc]"
    And these are also no "facts" but only ur assumptions.

9. I never claimed that everybody left due to no RDF.
    There are several reasons why ppl leave and RDF is one of them.
    What i ment is that the few ppl that prefer it the hardcore way wouldn't leave lordaeron just because RDF gets enabled.
    If 15%-20% left because of no RDF, like u assume, then we would already get like 2k players back when they enable it. Sounds like a good deal.

And these are also no "facts" but only ur assumptions.
    Not fact? They are all issues with the server. RDF is the least of your concerns. Anyone who is active can see these issues on the server. You literally can't deny any of those issues.

But you can try.

10. Dunno, i find current population is pretty comfortable.

11. No need to be afraid of that.
    6k players are far away from beeing dead
    Not really about Lordaeron not being dead now. Some people are afraid because how fast the population drops. How long will it take until the server dies? Two weeks, 1 month, 2 month, etc...?

Or will it actually increase and have a stable population when ICC... only time will show :\

12. This dropping of population usually occurs everywhere. New content will be released and population will increase again. And drop after that, again. Repeat that until the end of the 3.3.5a patch comes. Then something will happen: all the content will be available and thus that people will want to play and enjoy all -> more time inverted. It happens with all private servers not upgrading its patch. Don't worry, you won't see Lordaeron die in a lot of time...

Also remember that the population rate of dropping decreases also, meaning that less population involves less dropping of the population.

13. Holidays.

Summer.

Vacations.

WOW: Legion coming out.

Icecrown is pay 2 win (in favor of all the "I want it the easy way" people).

All these facts account for population loss in Loarderon. Two possible outcomes:

1.) Loarderon population gets more stable and bigger mid-September. TOC release will also bring many people back, people that are most likely on a WoW break.

2.) Above doesn't happen and Loarderon dies before Christmas.

14. Lordaeron will be very attractive with ICC released + limited donation avaliable.
    Now it stuck with **** itemization (for pvp).

15. I'm curious how will it be in the next release actually. Also if they enable RDF with ICC, who knows, probably Lordaeron will suffer from queues again. That would be quite funny if you ask me.

First 1234 Last