1. Do people actually buy characters on the marketplace here?

I put one of my characters up for sale, but what are the chances it will actually get bought?

2. If its more than 130 coins unlikely. 130 is understandable for someone to buy if they want to drop $100 so they can play without having to level professions and all that **** as well as maybe get a few items that you normally would have a hard time obtaining if you aren't a raider. You can just donate for the items and max level yeah but you also benefit from again, professions, as well as mounts, titles, achievements. If you don't have anything special don't even bother trying to sell a character because odds are someone else will have something better as an option.

The average cost of characters I see is 50ish to 100ish coins with a couple pieces of gear along with some mounts, maybe conquest points and/or valor points to buy full gear, titles, etc. I've personally sold 3 characters trying to sell a 4th.

No one will spend $300 on a character and if they do you're extremely lucky and have an absoulte bis character.

9 times of 10 someone will be selling something better than what you have to offer so it's not worth bothering. You're fully entitled to trying, though.