1. Gonna go out on a limb here and ask. If anyone snagged the name Crimson, I'll be willing to buy over marketplace.

2. I've got Joe and Ben if anyone wants to buy a lvl 80 on trade with one of those names for 30 coins... that's legal right, Mercy?

3. I've got Joe and Ben if anyone wants to buy a lvl 80 on trade with one of those names for 30 coins... that's legal right, Mercy?
    yah that's cool. List them

4. Radical, Swine, Muscles, Rabid,
    Nookie, Stinky, Torpedo, Putrid, Pool
    Visible, Ritual, Hellspawn, Spare, Laughing
    Roadrage, Soccer
    Residual, Stoneform, Timid, Meek, Rapid, Cost
    Deranged, Cheryl, Crazed
    Irate, Unsound
    Temporary, Anabolics, Pounding
    Stereotype, Brox, Jamie
    Dementia, Azure, Replenish, Creampie, Brock, Anarchy, Trainwreck, Wreckless
    Horns, Jane, Strongest, Hormone, Default

:D thats a lot ... all available with toon for 30 coins only on warmane trade

5. Deadly Spammer Hacker Prowl Locked Knock Leap Fear Parry Parried Block

6. what about the character trade marketplace? Surely that can't be illegal.
    This has been amended and will be forbidden as well.

To make it clear, we DO NOT want people to save names just for the sake of hoarding or selling them. Let other people use the names, please.

7. This has been amended and will be forbidden as well.

To make it clear, we DO NOT want people to save names just for the sake of hoarding or selling them. Let other people use the names, please.
    Implement level Requirement for posting a toon to marketplace, issue solved they will still sell the names but at least its 80 First.

8. This has been amended and will be forbidden as well.

that doesnt seem to be enforceable, short of stripping characters being sold of their names altogether

9. This has been amended and will be forbidden as well.

This does not make too much sense to me. It feels like it'd be hard to enforce, and additionally I don't see anyone deleting their level one characters to free up their "reserved" names. If anything this ruling would encourage the use of warmane illegal methods of selling names. The fact of the matter is people want good names and are willing to pay for it. Warmane makes a profit a well, what's the big deal?

10. This has been amended and will be forbidden as well.

GL enforcing that and even if you do, noone is going to delete that lvl one character and let some random guy use the name. 9 out of 10 people here don't give a **** about others. By letting them sell the names they will at least be used.
    And about enforcing, how can you know that someone is selling the character just because of the name?

11. And about enforcing, how can you know that someone is selling the character just because of the name?
    As seen here, people often advertise that, here on in-game. People who get outraged at an effort to keep names as not a commodity also make good targets to be watched closely. And lastly, reports from players - if you want a name and get offered to buy it with coins in trade by the current owner, what would you do: pay the price in coins for something we don't allow or screenshot the conversation, report the player and get the name released for free?

12. As seen here, people often advertise that, here on in-game. People who get outraged at an effort to keep names as not a commodity also make good targets to be watched closely. And lastly, reports from players - if you want a name and get offered to buy it with coins in trade by the current owner, what would you do: pay the price in coins for something we don't allow or screenshot the conversation, report the player and get the name released for free?
    just to be offline when that happens, and the name snagged. again.
    R.I.P.

13. just to be offline when that happens, and the name snagged. again.
    R.I.P.
    Just...

... for a power outage to happen...
    ... for your pet to step on the keyboard and cancel the character creation...
    ... for an angry mob to invade your house and take away your computer...
    ... for Trump to declare WoW illegal...
    ... for a meteor to hit your house...

... and the name to be snagged again.

If we're playing "find excuses to not act because something could happen," might as well go all-out.

14. As seen here, people often advertise that, here on in-game. People who get outraged at an effort to keep names as not a commodity also make good targets to be watched closely. And lastly, reports from players - if you want a name and get offered to buy it with coins in trade by the current owner, what would you do: pay the price in coins for something we don't allow or screenshot the conversation, report the player and get the name released for free?
    I am talking about the form of advertisement and selling. Are we still allowed to just put a naked char with a name for 100 coins? Without mentioning the shear coolness of the name in the description on the marketplace?
    Are we still allowed to say in global "WTS NAKED CHAR <INSERT NAME> 100 COINS"? Without explicitly mentioning the awesomeness of the name?
    At what point do you see it as a forbidden form of selling/advertising characters because of the name? And what is the point where you say it's not forbidden anymore? Being it lvl 80? Having more than 1k achievement points? Having gear?
    For example: Can I put a lvl 80 warlock with the name "Lock" and a few bis donor items for sale, without me ever having played on it and am I still allowed to try and sell this character while advertising its name?

And last; is there a difference in names? Can I put a naked char with the name "qweqweqwrjdrqwe" for sale for 100 coins, or can't the "cool" names be sold anymore and if so, on what base do you judge the "coolness" of this name?

You have to explain a bit more, or people might not sell a character anymore in fear of getting their names wiped or get their names wiped for selling a character with a cool name, even though they didn't want to sell that character purely for the name.
    Edited: April 14, 2017

15. That's for the GMs to tell. I consider it suffice to say people making legitimate trades haven't had and will remain not having issues. Our GMs aren't fools and this kind of behavior leaves telltales, much like wintrading. Selling a naked low level for 100 coins is obviously an attempt to sell a name. That, or pure trolling, and losing the name for misusing the feature is a light punishment in my eyes anyways. It takes effort to reach a point where the lines of selling a character and selling a name get blurred, so, if anything, I consider there being guidelines but them not being public to be the best. As I said, people making legitimate trades will continue not having trouble, and those who get outraged and want a clear line to know how far to push for a convincing disguise wouldn't have one and would be left second guessing themselves either to the point the trade becomes legitimate or they don't do it out of fear of losing the name.

First 123 Last