1. Asking high gearscores for raids or dungeon groups is insurance. It is a fact that the average casual player has **** for brains so if you get at least the high gear score *****s instead of the low gear score *****s, there is a slim chance of their GS compensating for their ignorance. That's why I would always make 5.5k+ toc10/25 groups (and people still stand in fire, don't switch essence etc.), 5.5k+ icc10 groups (don't get me started) and 5.8k+ icc25 groups. And still these groups won't usually make it till the end of the instance because people are stupid.

This is the reason I stopped doing pugs except for VoA weeklies and the occasional high gear icc25. The rest is guild only.

2. The "high gear insurance" very rarely makes up for the slack, though. Approaching the game as though a carry is required makes it a lot less fun.

3. Really mate how often do u come by people like that? How come i never saw one of these wrong geared guys? Is it by your opinion ok that i cant get in rdf group with my 5,1k warr that i have killed sindra but im not good enough for rdf hc? or what to sad when i cant get in to rdf hc with pala 5,5 kingslayer but hey im to low for freaking rdf,and that happens often to me. But i never saw someone with wrong gear like u stated,it maybe happened once and now ur trolling here? No one gets it in their heads that as much as u spend more time to find all 6k+ for rdf that time u would maybe lose is someone low gs go with u. But like someone said with that gs 1 dps can alone clear rdf hc Btw if that really happen and u get in dungeon with guy that not only have wrong gear but he mess with agro etc theres always option to vote kick
    Well, this topic is anecdotal.
    Understanding what is "toxic" has become more like "people that don't give a **** about me". Pair it up with poor social skills on both sides, your own insecurity, soft skin and you get "ow noo, these toxic players ruin everything".
    I have met maybe 10 truly toxic players in 5 years here. Ten from thousands and thousands. There are thousands people I have enjoyed to play with and there are thousands who I don't like.

I don't know about gearscores or achievements. When I evaluate player I invite that plays very little part. However I can tell a lot about player taking a 15sec look at his gear and talents. Taking a look how he talks and interacts with others. Maybe that is why you are not "good enough" for random heroic with your gearcore and achievements and whatnot?

If everyone is so toxic for you, maybe fault is somewhere else? Bit of reflection is in order, maybe?

4. Well, this topic is anecdotal.
    Understanding what is "toxic" has become more like "people that don't give a **** about me". Pair it up with poor social skills on both sides, your own insecurity, soft skin and you get "ow noo, these toxic players ruin everything".
    I have met maybe 10 truly toxic players in 5 years here. Ten from thousands and thousands. There are thousands people I have enjoyed to play with and there are thousands who I don't like.

I don't know about gearscores or achievements. When I evaluate player I invite that plays very little part. However I can tell a lot about player taking a 15sec look at his gear and talents. Taking a look how he talks and interacts with others. Maybe that is why you are not "good enough" for random heroic with your gearcore and achievements and whatnot?

If everyone is so toxic for you, maybe fault is somewhere else? Bit of reflection is in order, maybe?
    Man i did adress to people who come even here on forum and spread toxicity like that Hansenn guy
    For the second part its not me it is my gs just few min ago there was someone looking for icc 10 alt run 5,7,is that crazy or what alt run 5,7?
    If i write inv dps pala 5,6 and link ach for any raid or dungeon how can u tell just from that im bad person? I dont get even a chance to get inspected or anyone to talk with me do u really think its bcs im bad person?
    Considering toxicity u probably have guild and almost never do pugs,not to mention all things and bad words that comes in pvp...
    Asking for high gear is just wrong u have better chance with lower gs bcs people worked for their gear and probably learned something during that path.
    Talking about me i usually have better dps on my pala than some pala with 6,7 gs or on my war,or mage,... and yes i do follow tacts while most of them die in fire. If you look closer in raids people that follow tacts and survive or die last are those with less gs.
    Dont want to be considered as donor bashing but to come and buy 80 and gear is just wrong. First u will learn something during lvling second during gear grinding.
    When im making gearing run its 5k+ and we usually get to sindra thats where maybe we are a bit low LK run its 5,5+ at most where i do accept some lower gs but like u said inspecting their talents very carefully gems,enchants,....
    As soon as i see someone insults anyone in my raid its 1 warning than kick.
    If i am leading raid if u have problems u talk to me not starting insults on others...
    There could be many examples of toxic behavior that on which u could see what im talking about but that takes to much time and space (like i did not used it already to much :D )

5. Well, this topic is anecdotal.
    I have met maybe 10 truly toxic players in 5 years here.
    I chuckled.

6. Asking for high gear is just wrong
    come and buy 80 and gear is just wrong
    It's wrong only in your little world.
    If you do not like something - that does not mean it's wrong - the lesson your parents have slacked on.

spread toxicity
    Does not want to group up with green slackers = spreads toxity.
    L. Logic.

Small tip: make some paragprahs so your wall of bull**** would be less painfull to read.
    Edited: July 13, 2017

7. Originally Posted by miloshj
    Well there you have it.
    Instead of finding common ground with raid leader, telling him that you have time, want to do that raid, know your class and tactics you say some crap about how you are better than 6.7gs noobs and how awesome you are.

That Hansenn guy just told his point of view. He will not carry noobs. And he can do that, there is nothing you can do about it. Same as people wanting higher gear for their raids.

And your "1 warning, then kick", "talk trough me if problems" policy - that is position of power, not leadership. Kick brilliant players because you couldn't be bothered to talk and understand them. Instead get sheep, kill Sindragosa.

8. Well, this topic is anecdotal.

I've met maybe 10 who WEREN'T toxic. Most people on here were too busy threatening to rape and kill me instead of learning how to play their characters. The best person was a full donor DK, all ICC hc cloth gear, trying to tank, flipping out on me because I couldn't him alive while he screamed that the gear was good for him because it had high gs and that I was just a noob who had no clue how to play WoW and should just kill myself. Fun times.

9. I've met maybe 10 who WEREN'T toxic. Most people on here were too busy threatening to rape and kill me instead of learning how to play their characters. The best person was a full donor DK, all ICC hc cloth gear, trying to tank, flipping out on me because I couldn't him alive while he screamed that the gear was good for him because it had high gs and that I was just a noob who had no clue how to play WoW and should just kill myself. Fun times.
    >see "full donor dk all icc hc cloth gear" TANKING
    >SeemsGood.jpg guess ill stay :)

****ing EleGiggle why would you stay in that group if he had such ape build. I have no words for this..

PS: if people are as "toxic" as you say and that only 10 people havent been as such, why are you still playing?
    Edited: July 13, 2017

10. So are we talking about anecdotal occurrences or logic behind all this is "everyone is toxic by default" until they carry you, give you gold, follow you around blinded by your bright and dazzling personality?

11. >see "full donor dk all icc hc cloth gear" TANKING
    >SeemsGood.jpg guess ill stay :)

****ing EleGiggle why would you stay in that group if he had such ape build. I have no words for this..

PS: if people are as "toxic" as you say and that only 10 people havent been as such, why are you still playing?
    I stayed because it was amusing. I played on this server for about 6+ years, when I first started here, it was nothing like that, normal humans played. After the Moltdown, a lot of the adults seemed to leave and it got flooded with the children who behave that way. It's a little harder to make yourself leave after that many years and a pretty big amount of money over multiple accounts. Though I actually did stop playing here months ago, I still read the forums out of boredom. I didn't leave due to whiney kids insulting people though, as a girl who has played WoW for 12+ years, crap like that doesn't even bother me anymore.

12. Spoiler: Show
    I stayed because it was amusing. I played on this server for about 6+ years, when I first started here, it was nothing like that, normal humans played. After the Moltdown, a lot of the adults seemed to leave and it got flooded with the children who behave that way. It's a little harder to make yourself leave after that many years and a pretty big amount of money over multiple accounts. Though I actually did stop playing here months ago, I still read the forums out of boredom. I didn't leave due to whiney kids insulting people though, as a girl who has played WoW for 12+ years, crap like that doesn't even bother me anymore.
    so you havent played for months but you still comment on the current state of the server? SeemsGood

13. as a girl who has played WoW for 12+ years
    >girl
    >played wow for 12 years

I don't think you can call yourself girl still, grandma

14. Yeah unfortunately it's just how the gaming community has matured (ironically said, I know). Most of the people who play these kinds of games invest a lot of time/effort in to being the absolute best they can be so when they come across someone who isn't on their level they get uppity and in their defense WoW is a grinding/statistical based game so you have to invest a lot in to meeting its' standards. That on top of that a lot of the people who play this are angsty teens or worse can make the experience really stressful for new players.

It wasn't always like this though but it's definitely the direction the game took as far as back as 2008 maybe even earlier so you can't really fight it at this point.

That being said, you can EASILY find a guide on every single aspect of this game.
    Just sit back and do some digging in to the expectations of your gameplay and class and you'll be alright.
    Once you've got a good grip on that you should look for a guild and be up front about your noobish nature.
    You're going to make stupid mistakes and be kicked from guilds/raids like we all have but please just keep in mind that it's just a game and the people who play here are jerks but that's how it is anywhere when you're the new guy.

Also download the Deadlyboss Mods addon and use youtube for video guides on dungeons and how to play your class. Always search Warmane forum before google because Warmane guides/info will be accurate for Warmane servers (more or less).

TLDR: If you're a noob you should probably read this.

15. Have to love how even forum threads turn into these things.
    Who doesnt love forum post like this?

First ... 2345 Last