1. A good arms warrior like myself will only be about 200-300 dps behind a comparable fury warrior, sometimes depending on the fight, closer or even.

2. A good arms warrior like myself will only be about 200-300 dps behind a comparable fury warrior, sometimes depending on the fight, closer or even.
    Arms doesn't scale that well compared to Fury though, especially not with haste (probably the only physical class that doesn't really want DST), the further along the expansion goes the further behind Arms tends to fall, but due to more importance placed on physical dps in later tiers they obviously become more important due to the 4% buff. But that's kinda my point, raids are melee heavy enough in later tiers that you can afford to take an Arms Warrior, which is one of the lower single target specs in endgame compared to Fury which is one of the highest. Of course Arms is redeemed by having exceptional sustained cleave (though Fury does too), and it's not unusual to take melee heavy setups including multiple warriors for fights like Muru/KJ.

3. A good arms warrior like myself will only be about 200-300 dps behind a comparable fury warrior, sometimes depending on the fight, closer or even.
    Or your Fury Warrs just suck ***. The ones in our guild top the meters even now, beating fully geared Shadowbolt locks, including our own GM. It's not like Shadowbolt locks require a lot skill to get the maximum DPS out of the spec.

Anyway, that's not the point of the discussion. bazz gave a very detailed explanation why DST should never touch the store, at least not until SWP is released. Any actually good warrior or rogue knows how strong this trinket is and why. So if you're here arguing against it, then... y'know.

4. A good arms warrior like myself will only be about 200-300 dps behind a comparable fury warrior, sometimes depending on the fight, closer or even.
    2-300 DPS (lets call it 250) at full t4 bis with some start t5 pieces on singletarget is roughly 20% less DPS than the fury warrior in the same amount of gear assuming he pulls about 1300 single target because he doesn't have the godly setup tailored to him.

In better gear the difference won't just be 200-300 or your furies are doing something wrong.

Personally I'm pushing anywhere between 1300-1500 single target depending on RNG and raid setup. I'm fairly decently geared. I've yet to see arms warriors pull 1250+ singletarget, but the arms we have may just not be geared enough.
    Edited: October 3, 2017

5. In the ask the staff section of forums it says DST being released this weekend with account requirements(most likely).

6. We usually release items on the store when there's quite a few people having them. Contrary to the popular opinion, this is a practice we've used for years and we utilize it on all expansions, including the Mists of Pandaria expansion right now.

All items are carefully evaluated so the only thing we can really say, it will come when it comes but it will not have an effect on the gameplay of the realm.

Premium users are the founding block of why these realms exist and nothing would be possible without them but we're sure they appreciate the realm to remain stable in terms of healthy competition and gameplay.

With that being said, DST will be made available in the Store this weekend with tier 5 content to follow in a week or two ( not tier 5 set pieces ) DST Coin cost has yet to be decided upon & it's possible that a character will need to meet certain criteria to purchase one via the Store.

Here we go BOYS !!!!!

7. Bring joy in the hearts of our physical dps friends :P #releaseDST
    I think you vastly overestimate how many players will be buying it from the cash shop. 99% of physical dps wont buy it, 50% wont care, 49% will hate the decision and 1% will buy it.

8. I think you vastly overestimate how many players will be buying it from the cash shop. 99% of physical dps wont buy it, 50% wont care, 49% will hate the decision and 1% will buy it.
    That's 199% of all physical dps. :o

9. Initially our thought was to release it for cost + restrictions (like clearing x boss or doing y instance z times).

After further discussions within staff, DST won't be released for now with respect to progression and how much of them have actually been obtained in-game so far, very little.
    Source: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=367579&page=3

10. I think they made the right choice here, raids are already far ahead of the DPS curve of retail at the moment. We're doing Hyjal with melee (such as Fury Warriors/Combat Rogues, the two best DST classes) already doing over 2000 dps on single target, which is just massively ahead of what the guys were doing on retail. Adding a foolproof DST for every melee really messes with that balance, since it's a considerable upgrade over any other trinket.

It sucks that it has a low droprate, but the trinket was super rare in retail days too and it wasn't uncommon to have 0 in your raid while progressing BT. I don't have it yet either, I've seen it drop once and I've been raiding since the early days of the server. Tsunami Talisman I've also only seen drop once, but that's nowhere near as strong as DST, would have a smaller effect on raid balance by being on the shop than DST.

11. I think they made the right choice here, raids are already far ahead of the DPS curve of retail at the moment. We're doing Hyjal with melee (such as Fury Warriors/Combat Rogues, the two best DST classes) already doing over 2000 dps on single target, which is just massively ahead of what the guys were doing on retail. Adding a foolproof DST for every melee really messes with that balance, since it's a considerable upgrade over any other trinket.

It sucks that it has a low droprate, but the trinket was super rare in retail days too and it wasn't uncommon to have 0 in your raid while progressing BT. I don't have it yet either, I've seen it drop once and I've been raiding since the early days of the server. Tsunami Talisman I've also only seen drop once, but that's nowhere near as strong as DST, would have a smaller effect on raid balance by being on the shop than DST.
    Can you show me some statistics as to how strong DST is in the current gear? - Like how much more DPS is it over the 72 att. power and 2xx /use effect?

12. Can you show me some statistics as to how strong DST is in the current gear? - Like how much more DPS is it over the 72 att. power and 2xx /use effect?
    He wont and no one will because dst ban is a witch hunt. No matter how strong it is compared to other trinkets, overall its no more than 1 to 3% dps (20 to 60dps at 2k dps) upgrade compared to 3rd best trinket and if you think overall you are delusionnal.

One of the main reason most people want this trinket beside completing BiS list and dps upgrade is because it also make most class rotation way more enjoyable (more dymamic fury and rogue, less downtime on slam, ...)

13. Can you show me some statistics as to how strong DST is in the current gear? - Like how much more DPS is it over the 72 att. power and 2xx /use effect?
    Statistics? Exactly how do you suggest I present these statistics? I could pull out any number from my *** because the strength of the trinket is entirely situationial

1. Class/Spec
    2. Overall gear level/quality/synergy items
    4. Group Composition
    5. Consumables used
    6. Boss fight type + Armor
    7. Number of targets, frequency of waves if adds.
    8. Raid dps distribution
    9. Raid overall DPS
    10. RNG

But sure if you just wanna pull a fairly irrelevant spreadsheet number out of the *** for generic single target at T5 gear levels, it's about 50-60 dps increase over Bloodlust Brooch.

He wont and no one will because dst ban is a witch hunt
    Oh and what did I just do? I'm looking forward to the response though.

One of the main reason most people want this trinket beside completing BiS list and dps upgrade is because it also make most class rotation way more enjoyable (more dymamic fury and rogue, less downtime on slam, ...)
    Less downtime on Slam? As a Fury Warrior?... Aside from the fact that Haste in effect reduces Slam dps efficiency, Fury Warriors don't use Slam.
    Edited: October 9, 2017

14. 100% right.

DST is bis for most melee classes throughout the expansion. This would kind of be the same as releasing glaives to store after Sunwell is released. It's just not going to happen... I hope.

For one, I am glad I got the DST. :)

Love,
    Quimby

First ... 45678 Last