1. I would say Cata / MoP > Wotlk > rest . ( Also, as Skoobydoo said, feral started to be viable from 4.0.6, it was kinda ****ed up back in wotlk, imo. But from Cata, they did the opposite of that, making feral a Tier 1 spec, one of the most OP specs you could play, in everything [ 1v1 , 2v2 , 3v3 ] ) .
    100% Agree.

2. Cata pvp is more similar to Wotlk (expecially with the Dragon Soul meta gear) than to Mop. If you think Wrath is bursty, I don't get why you should like to be globalled in the opener by a Thugcleave, or to suffer a triple tentacle proc from Gurthalak. And during the Firelands patch it was all about casters and their legendary staff.

3. Cata pvp is more similar to Wotlk (expecially with the Dragon Soul meta gear) than to Mop. If you think Wrath is bursty, I don't get why you should like to be globalled in the opener by a Thugcleave, or to suffer a triple tentacle proc from Gurthalak. And during the Firelands patch it was all about casters and their legendary staff.
    well dunno about you but i personally dont play for 5 years on same server.i played cata on retail and here both time u was around until there was progression and quit shortly after 4.3,because after progression is over there is nothing left to do and i move on to next thing.for me the overall exp in cata PVP was best i ever had.every single season have been pretty balanced and fun to play on. i also never really experience the PVP when 99% of population is BIS geared,and i am very happy i miss this ****show because the game is not meant to be played for this long w/o any changes.both WOTK and CATA PVP is really good and they both had really good molten tournaments.the problem today is they both are way too old and 99% of population have this hc trinkets/legendary weapons that destroy the PVP.if warmane open fresh cata and start releasing content form 4.0.6 i will love to play it again and will quit after 4.3 again.

same apply for my opinion on MOP.MOP was complete trash PVP expansion it was 99% of the time broken and everyone hated it.the ONLY good season in the whole expansion was season 15.same apply for molten/warmane MOP the s15 content with s12 gear was completely bull****.took them years to reach current state of PVP.just because today private servers run for years this season 15 dont mean the overall MOP PVP was good.now if you had played MOP on retail and had to wait almost 2 ****ing years for blizzard to release this s15 and all this time the PVP have been almost unplayable....you will also have hard time liking MOP.and the funny thing is s15 was never suppose to even exist.they release it because WOD took way too long and they was stuck in season 14 for extremely long period of time and people was complaining about it and *****ing all the time.so blizzard took the s14 set model,change the color of it,add 28 ilv,add 2 upgrades for to PVE items,nerf raids to the ground so any pug can clear them and say " enjoy this for few months until we release WOD.

i guess people who are stuck with same server for years and play only the last patch with 90% of population having bis pve trinkets/weapons have very different prospective over the game tho.
    Edited: December 20, 2017

4. Anyway guys, what u think about pvp in TBC? I was always stick to WOLTK and now i want switch to TBC.
    Im just curious about pvp here.
    We can compare some things from WOLTK to TBC?

5. Great thing about TBC is that the 5v5 and 3v3 ladders are super active.
    People forget that on pretty much every xpac the 2s ladder is unbalanced so when u search for competitive PvP its very important that the 3s and 5s ladders are active.

In TBC, Resto dudu, sl lock, warrior, rog and fmage are dominating the 2s ladder while all over specs are falling behing.
    In 3s rmp is dominating but also more other specs are viable.
    The true balance lies in the 5s ladder. U can play pretty much every spec there.
    Underdogs, such as ele shami or holy paly, realy shine in the 5s ladder.

6. well dunno about you but i personally dont play for 5 years on same server.i played cata on retail and here both time u was around until there was progression and quit shortly after 4.3,because after progression is over there is nothing left to do and i move on to next thing.for me the overall exp in cata PVP was best i ever had.every single season have been pretty balanced and fun to play on. i also never really experience the PVP when 99% of population is BIS geared,and i am very happy i miss this ****show because the game is not meant to be played for this long w/o any changes.both WOTK and CATA PVP is really good and they both had really good molten tournaments.the problem today is they both are way too old and 99% of population have this hc trinkets/legendary weapons that destroy the PVP.if warmane open fresh cata and start releasing content form 4.0.6 i will love to play it again and will quit after 4.3 again.

same apply for my opinion on MOP.MOP was complete trash PVP expansion it was 99% of the time broken and everyone hated it.the ONLY good season in the whole expansion was season 15.same apply for molten/warmane MOP the s15 content with s12 gear was completely bull****.took them years to reach current state of PVP.just because today private servers run for years this season 15 dont mean the overall MOP PVP was good.now if you had played MOP on retail and had to wait almost 2 ****ing years for blizzard to release this s15 and all this time the PVP have been almost unplayable....you will also have hard time liking MOP.and the funny thing is s15 was never suppose to even exist.they release it because WOD took way too long and they was stuck in season 14 for extremely long period of time and people was complaining about it and *****ing all the time.so blizzard took the s14 set model,change the color of it,add 28 ilv,add 2 upgrades for to PVE items,nerf raids to the ground so any pug can clear them and say " enjoy this for few months until we release WOD.

i guess people who are stuck with same server for years and play only the last patch with 90% of population having bis pve trinkets/weapons have very different prospective over the game tho.

Well, obviously you will have a different pvp experience playing on a private server which always runs the same patch and where almost every pvp player wear bis gear and play the most efficient arena comp. The OP asked for the best pvp expansion on warmane. I haven't played cata on retail but I have played it on private servers in three different environment:
    - 4.0.6 patch (tier 11 pve gear and vicious glad season)
    - 4.3.4 patch (tier 12 pve gear and ruthless glad season)
    - 4.3.4 patch (tier 13 pve gear and cataclysmic glad season)
    Maybe only the 4.0.6 patch could be mentioned as a reallly balanced scenario for the pvp players. With the Firelands meta gear I've seen casters dominating the pvp ladder thanks to the legendary staff. The only other strong specs (I mean, which could push for high ranks) were sub rogues, mm hunters and ferals. With the Dragon Soul meta gear most of the mdps turn to be really strong as well, thanks to weapons and trinkets like Gurthalak, No'Khaled or the legendary daggers. But it was still really bursty. I mean, all those items have RNG procs which can deal a massive amount of damage. And even without those items, I remember checking the pvp retail ladder during the cataclysm expansion. It didn't seem to be really balanced: most of the rank 1-20 teams were RLS and Vancleaves.

7. you right the OP asked for warmane only.if we are speaking only about current warmane live servers only, TBC is only one that is worth the time on my opinion since its most fresh and there is huge population.cata and MOP are pretty much dead and WOTLK is worth only if you have the coins to buy your bis trinkets/weapon.

season 12 with 4.3 patch was actually really balanced as well on molten back in the days because you was unable to get legendary staff.pretty sure took them something like 1.5-2 years to get from 4.0.6 to DS so thats around 2 years of good quality PVP we had on molten.also the PVP on AT where you was unable to get legendary items was super good on their cataclysm realm.there was tons of retail r1 played playing there as well such as reckful and ziqo.ziqo quit MOP for some time and was playing only AT at some point.

not sure what do you mean when you say "i was checking retail pvp ladder" since back then every realm had his old ladder and there was multiple PVP battlegroups.also top 20 on retail dont have that much to do with classes btw its more about who is playing and how much is he playing.there is a reason someone like jahmili to have r1 title on every single season/expansion he have played regardless the meta and how good/bad mage class is.
    Edited: December 20, 2017

8. TBC sounds great but it is was admittedly too imbalanced. Arms/Rdruid beat everything in 2s, same goes for RMP in 3s.

9. you right the OP asked for warmane only.if we are speaking only about current warmane live servers only, TBC is only one that is worth the time on my opinion since its most fresh and there is huge population.cata and MOP are pretty much dead and WOTLK is worth only if you have the coins to buy your bis trinkets/weapon.

season 12 with 4.3 patch was actually really balanced as well on molten back in the days because you was unable to get legendary staff.pretty sure took them something like 1.5-2 years to get from 4.0.6 to DS so thats around 2 years of good quality PVP we had on molten.also the PVP on AT where you was unable to get legendary items was super good on their cataclysm realm.there was tons of retail r1 played playing there as well such as reckful and ziqo.ziqo quit MOP for some time and was playing only AT at some point.

not sure what do you mean when you say "i was checking retail pvp ladder" since back then every realm had his old ladder and there was multiple PVP battlegroups.also top 20 on retail dont have that much to do with classes btw its more about who is playing and how much is he playing.there is a reason someone like jahmili to have r1 title on every single season/expansion he have played regardless the meta and how good/bad mage class is.
    By "checking the retail pvp ladder" I mean exactly what you have written: checking the pvp ladder of the many battlegroups, or at least those where there were the most active and famous pvp players.

I've played the 4.3.4 patch with the firelands and ruth glad meta gear outside of warmane/molten. I will tell you the story about me (arms warrior) dueling a boomkin, so you can understand how powerful that legendary staff is: the druid starts in stealth, he stuns me in the opener, followed by the typical cyclone. He casts three mushrooms under my spot, so that I can't dodge them as soon as the cyclone falls off. Boom! Just those three mushrooms to take half of my hp (4k resilience, which is pretty good for the ruth glad meta gear, infact I was half ruth/half vicious).

10. MoP all the way. It was balanced in every corner and was fun and exciting during the whole epxansion, mysterious also. Toxic people like Skoobydoo HATE MoP simply because the PvP was damn hard and amazing and it demanded of you to use your brains, instincts and reflexes, skills and tactics were damn required in order to be able to fight at all. And that's the problem with them, they don't want to put effort nor use their brains, they rather want that lolmourne in their hands and smash and oneshot anyone who comes in their way. I don't mean to say that WotLK was unbalanced or sh*t (i play WotLK too), it was amazing and it demanded some brains and skills too ofc but not that much the way MoP did. It's true that they fukked a bit up with some easements at PvE in the last patch of MoP but that's as usual with blizzard, but the PvP was simply just improved, although it already was amazing. Blizzard never succeeded to deliver a full perfection, they always came up with some awesome improvements but also with some easements or removals which are total crap and a game ruiner. Simply said, MoP was awesome and fun as hell, it's just a shame that there is no legit fully scripted buggless MoP server out there, if there was, i asure you that it would be as populated as our Icecrown, if not even more. But no worries, soon the first Legacy server of "Vanilla WoW" will be out and so will the others follow after it. It's gonna be a breeeze...

11. well dunno about you but i personally dont play for 5 years on same server.i played cata on retail and here both time u was around until there was progression and quit shortly after 4.3,because after progression is over there is nothing left to do and i move on to next thing.for me the overall exp in cata PVP was best i ever had.every single season have been pretty balanced and fun to play on.
    I have to ask. Did you play a Rogue for Cata PvP?

Agreed.
    The only people who can honestly say MoP PvP was balanced are those who have only played the expansion on a private server running one of the later patches. Anyone who played retail knows very well the absurdity of Destro Lock, BM Hunter, Frost Mage, Arms Warrior, etc. and the ridiculousness of the gameplay changes that were made to PvP throughout the expansion.

MoP all the way. It was balanced in every corner and was fun and exciting during the whole epxansion, mysterious also. Toxic people like Skoobydoo HATE MoP simply because the PvP was damn hard and amazing and it demanded of you to use your brains, instincts and reflexes, skills and tactics were damn required in order to be able to fight at all. And that's the problem with them, they don't want to put effort nor use their brains, they rather want that lolmourne in their hands and smash and oneshot anyone who comes in their way. I don't mean to say that WotLK was unbalanced or sh*t (i play WotLK too), it was amazing and it demanded some brains and skills too ofc but not that much the way MoP did. It's true that they fukked a bit up with some easements at PvE in the last patch of MoP but that's as usual with blizzard, but the PvP was simply just improved, although it already was amazing. Blizzard never succeeded to deliver a full perfection, they always came up with some awesome improvements but also with some easements or removals which are total crap and a game ruiner. Simply said, MoP was awesome and fun as hell, it's just a shame that there is no legit fully scripted buggless MoP server out there, if there was, i asure you that it would be as populated as our Icecrown, if not even more. But no worries, soon the first Legacy server of "Vanilla WoW" will be out and so will the others follow after it. It's gonna be a breeeze...
    Please tell me this is bait. Claiming that MoP is in any way more difficult PvP gameplay over other expansions, or that Shadowmourne equates to easy arena wins is ridiculous at best. Maybe if you're bad at the game. WoW has never been particularly difficult to play. In fact, that's the main thing that made it stand out in front of any of the older MMOs, that it was significantly easier to get into.

@Thread, I'm going to answer: Obviously WotLK is the best option for PvP on Warmane, because a larger community means that competitive PvP can happen - which means no Cata or MoP. TBC has significantly less spec and class diversity in comparison to WotLK as well. So, there you have it.

12. Cata is the best, simply better than all the rest.

13. MoP all the way. It was balanced in every corner and was fun and exciting during the whole epxansion, mysterious also. Toxic people like Skoobydoo HATE MoP simply because the PvP was damn hard and amazing and it demanded of you to use your brains, instincts and reflexes, skills and tactics were damn required in order to be able to fight at all.
    the 5 stack taste of blood, the 5.2 arcane mage,the random 1 shots procks from ele shaman they use to do for no reason,the 50k bleed tick from warrior on 450k hp players,the x2 aimedshot opening from x2hunter comps that instant kill,the burst of speed pre 5.2 that remove not only snares but also roots,the bull**** chaos bolt crits ,the dampining comps like boomy/ele/healer who sit on the box for 20 mins not even fighting waiting for the debuff to stack,the fact 50% of gladiators in MOP got their title because of random stupid bug on some class and they nonstop queue before the bug get fixed to push high rating then never queue single game till the end of the season,the fact in MOP people ask for "pre MOP" title/rating echievs when they look for parthner or simple pvp guild recruitment.....all this **** we had to deal with for 2 years was balanced and exciting in your book?sound to me like you haven`t seen much of MOP aside of s15.

at least i can say exactly what and why i dont like about MOP.how about you try explain what you like with something else then generic bull**** like " its so awesome and skill/brain based omfg".give us some detailed example of what make MOP pvp great in your eyes.and pls give me example why was MOP "balanced in every corner and was fun and exciting during the whole epxansion" ?
    because the way i remember it everyone hate it and half the population left the game.

I have to ask. Did you play a Rogue for Cata PvP?
    i played holy paladin and mage in PVP mostly.but i remember rogues becoming gods when 4.3 hit molten servers Vial of Shadows had no gcd so they was doing absurd dmg in opening.4.3 seems like fun patch if you rogue :D
    Edited: December 27, 2017

14. i played holy paladin and mage in PVP mostly.but i remember rogues becoming gods when 4.3 hit molten servers Vial of Shadows had no gcd so they was doing absurd dmg in opening.4.3 seems like fun patch if you rogue :D
    Bm hunters with Shale spider and spirit beast was able to beat rogues with vial of shadows.

15. I thoroughly enjoyed cata as a rogue. Admittedly they were total BS. Incredibly easy and dominated everything that wasn't a healer. Cata was the rogues expansion. But I prefer either tbc or wrath.

First ... 34567 Last