1. How does one report someone, without recording the transaction

So i made a deal with a char in the game, he offered to make me the top leather feet for my druid with my mats, so i agreed as i am used to accepting that people will get reported if they scam right. but no after i bought the mats worth 6k, i gave them to him, he immediately disbands the party and ignores me. Then i log onto my other char to message him and he makes like the mats where his and he wont give them back. and i tell him that i will report him and he does not reply. How does one believe in a system of Warmane when there are people like this, that will most likely get away with it ? like nothing ever happened ?he even went and put the mats back in the auction. should i just kiss that money goodbye and go on with warmane players are all scams and no wamane staff will do anything about it or should i keep hammering at the guy or warmane?

2. To answer the title, you don't. If you have no evidence you can't prove anything happened, so no action will be taken. For all we know you could have given the materials away and regretted later. You say you are aware of scams and of reports, but didn't take any precaution when dealing with someone you don't know.

3. cool so in otherwards yay warmane..... like somoene is so "clever" to just give away mats. i normally do, just had my pc changed recently so havent set it up yet. thanks for nothing though.
    can close this useless thread

4. cool so in otherwards yay warmane..... like somoene is so "clever" to just give away mats. i normally do, just had my pc changed recently so havent set it up yet. thanks for nothing though.
    can close this useless thread
    blaming warmane for your mistakes.. makes sense.

5. No evidence, no case. Next time print screen while trading and so on. That way you have a chance of getting the player banned for scamming.