1. 3s will remain a dead bracket when soloq is excluded from cross-realm

Just recently I have read that it has been decided that soloq won't be merged with 3s.
    3s teams on Icecrown and lordaeron will be able to face duoq teams from blackrock.
    I think that this is a bad decision and I don't understand why this decision has been made when the majority was for a merge of soloq and 3s.
    Isn't the goal of cross-realm arena to unite the 3s brackets of all Wotlk realms so it can flourish?
    So why gonna be soloq, the most active arena bracket of Blackrock, excluded from the cross-realm system?
    Like that cross-realm arena is missing its purpose and 3s will remain a dead bracket on Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    Edited: February 6, 2019

2. I think it's correct that way. SoloQ should face only SoloQ teams. Making SoloQ facing rated 3s teams will lead to the complete chaos and kill the SoloQ completely, because there will be 3s teams farming at late hours the SoloQ teams, gaining incredible amount of rating. SoloQ will not stand a chance against a rated 3s team, no way. I speak for experience, I played in a famous spanish server where SoloQ faces 3s teams. Needless to say SoloQ has died there.

3. I think it's correct that way. SoloQ should face only SoloQ teams.
    Then whats the purpose of cross-realm arena in the first place?
    2s is already active enough w/o cross realm and 3s will remain a dead bracket when it's not merged with soloq.

4. As already said, merging sq with 3s will only make people quit sq since no one likes getting farmed by a 3s rated team while playing with 2 randoms, with random classes, with different skill and without communication. It is just not fair. I saw the worst players getting titles and rating just by farming sq noobs, online all day sniping them for 3 or 4 points until they reach huge ratings. 3s should be merged only vs 3s, maybe, maybe with a DuoQ but absolutely not SoloQ.
    Remember that you can cross every single server existing into a unique ladder, and 3s will remain a dead bracket ANYWAY, so better to leave SoloQ as it is now.
    The purpose is to motivate a bit the players to play 3s but it won't make a huge difference, people will stick to 2s anyway. Oh and btw 2s "already active w/o cross realm" just lol do you play at 1500 or what to say something like this? 2s is dead aswell in case you didnìt notice.

5. Then whats the purpose of cross-realm arena in the first place?
    2s is already active enough w/o cross realm and 3s will remain a dead bracket when it's not merged with soloq.
    Cross-realm serves other brackets, as they exist on the other realms. The purpose of cross-realm is not to merge brackets. Those are entirely different scenarios.

6. Cross-realm serves other brackets, as they exist on the other realms.
    Other brackets beside 3s?
    Beside that there is only 2s and 5s. 2s is already somewhat active on all wotlk realms and 5s will remain dead no matter if we have cross-realm or not.
    3s is the bracket that could benefit the most from cross-realm but I don't see this happening when soloq remains a isolated bracket. The players from duoq and 3s won't be enough to make 3s active.

The purpose of cross-realm is not to merge brackets. Those are entirely different scenarios.
    Well, but thats actually what gonna happen. Malaco already said that duoq and 3s gonna be merged.

In case there is a confusion. By "merged" I mean that players from 3s gonna be able to face duoq players.
    Edited: February 7, 2019

7. As already said, merging sq with 3s will only make people quit sq since no one likes getting farmed by a 3s rated team while playing with 2 randoms, with random classes, with different skill and without communication. It is just not fair. I saw the worst players getting titles and rating just by farming sq noobs, online all day sniping them for 3 or 4 points until they reach huge ratings. 3s should be merged only vs 3s, maybe, maybe with a DuoQ but absolutely not SoloQ.
    Remember that you can cross every single server existing into a unique ladder, and 3s will remain a dead bracket ANYWAY, so better to leave SoloQ as it is now.
    The pros and cons of a merge between soloq and 3s have already been discussed here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=395081
    The trend was clearly pointing in the direction of a merge between soloq and 3s.
    Oh and btw 2s "already active w/o cross realm" just lol do you play at 1500 or what to say something like this? 2s is dead aswell in case you didnìt notice.
    2s is active enough to reach 2k on any wotlk realm.
    Possible that it's lackluster on a higher rating but it's definitely active enough to reach the rating requirements for the gear.
    In 3s that's not the case.
    Edited: February 7, 2019

8. I don't care if it has been discussed in another topic, I experienced the soloq merged with 3s rated and it was a complete mess. Anyone who played in servers that have this thing can confirm that. 3s will snipe soloq all day long gaining ratings, titles and much more. Meanwhile SQ players will be demotivated to be farmed over and over again, specially when they are matched with casuals at 1500 mmr.
    About 2s it's dead, don't find excuses. Reaching 2k doesn't mean it is active, any mongoloid can achieve 2k on icecrown even 2k2, but after that you will face over and over the same teams, so the 2s is dead.
    2s on blackrock is dead after 1600 rating, even worse.

9. I don't care if it has been discussed in another topic, I experienced the soloq merged with 3s rated and it was a complete mess.
    You forget that Blackrock soloq player would also face players from Lordaeron and Icecrown in 3s.
    That makes the situation different than on your mentioned server.
    It might be harder to fight against 3s teams from Blackrock as a soloq player but in return you'll be able to farm noobish teams from Icecrown and Lordaeron.

Reaching 2k doesn't mean it is active, any mongoloid can achieve 2k on icecrown even 2k2, but after that you will face over and over the same teams, so the 2s is dead.
    "any mongoloid can achieve 2k2 in it but 2s is dead".
    That makes so much sense bro.

A bracket isn't "dead" when you face the same opponents on 2800 rating. There is always a certain point where you start to face the same opponents over and over again and when this point is reached with a rating higher than 2.2k then that only proves that the bracket is active enough.

Sure, more players in the 2s bracket are always welcome but the 3s bracket needs them definitely more.
    Ppl have high expectations on the 3s with cross-realm arena. I hope we won't be disappointed.
    Edited: February 10, 2019

10. You forget that Blackrock soloq player would also face players from Lordaeron and Icecrown in 3s.
    That makes the situation different than on your mentioned server.
    It might be harder to fight against 3s teams from Blackrock as a soloq player but in return you'll be able to farm noobish teams from Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    This is not 100% true, the fact that we face "pve players" doesn't automatically mean they are all bad and we can farm them. In every server where I played there was always someone good even at low rating, for example Khrystalhero or how is called I met him in 3 different servers, same for Preg, and the list goes on and on, so in my opinion the server doesn't really matter..also I have the same rating in every server I played and that's a proof that server doesn't mean anything, at least for me.

A bracket isn't "dead" when you face the same opponents on 2800 rating. There is always a certain point where you start to face the same opponents over and over again and when this point is reached with a rating higher than 2.2k then that only proves that the bracket is active enough.
    The problem is you start to face same teams even at peak times at 1800+ ratings, queues are very long, at least it was like this for the last 2-3 season I played Icecrown, until 2k3 rating around. At 2800 rating I can understand the long que but at 1800mmr the que should be instant and full of teams.

About 3s I stick with the idea that the problem is just the players that don't want to play 3s on purpose, me included. Take 2s on blackrock, everyone after 1 loss ragequits and kicks you out of the team, it's almost impossible to find a random people to play with that last more than 10 games, usually there are always the same friends playing together, so if it's kinda impossible to get a stable 2s partner found on LFG to climb up the ladder. Imagine finding a 3rd one.

I think almost all 3s rated teams are friends playing together, there is no way 3 random people make a team and start playing 3s without raging after 1 arena, the community is too toxic.
    I remember on old AT I was able to do this, me and my 2s friend found a 3rd for a team, and we did 1800+ rating in one day, nothing special ofc but we were chill people with willing to play and eventually improve. Now I don't think I could be able to do this, unless the 3rd is a person I know and speak my same language.

11. why do you guys panic about solo queue if malaco said only duoq teams will face 3s teams? duoq = 2 players queing solo queue

12. We are just discussing before something stupid goes live (remember 4v4?)

13. 4v4 was awesome, only Warriors were mad at it.

14. About 3s I stick with the idea that the problem is just the players that don't want to play 3s on purpose, me included. Take 2s on blackrock, everyone after 1 loss ragequits and kicks you out of the team, it's almost impossible to find a random people to play with that last more than 10 games, usually there are always the same friends playing together, so if it's kinda impossible to get a stable 2s partner found on LFG to climb up the ladder. Imagine finding a 3rd one.

I think almost all 3s rated teams are friends playing together, there is no way 3 random people make a team and start playing 3s without raging after 1 arena, the community is too toxic.
    A suggestion: get a chill pill before even bothering queing arena or LF a team, you wont progress in an online game if you call the community "toxic" when from how you act, you're the first one of that kind.

Unfortunely there is also a ladder just for people like you, it's called SoloQ, aka "Skirmish Arena with Rating"

Cheers

I don't care if it has been discussed in another topic, I experienced the soloq merged with 3s rated and it was a complete mess. Anyone who played in servers that have this thing can confirm that. 3s will snipe soloq all day long gaining ratings, titles and much more. Meanwhile SQ players will be demotivated to be farmed over and over again, specially when they are matched with casuals at 1500 mmr.
    About 2s it's dead, don't find excuses. Reaching 2k doesn't mean it is active, any mongoloid can achieve 2k on icecrown even 2k2, but after that you will face over and over the same teams, so the 2s is dead.
    2s on blackrock is dead after 1600 rating, even worse.
    You seems like have literally no clue of what you're talking about.
    Edited: February 11, 2019

15. @Auren

The fact that the Blackrock community is toxic it's a fact, everyone knows. I myself experienced being kicked out of the team (multiple times) after the first loss because people want to do 100-0 and can't accept the loss.
    There are always the same people playing together, like Shinta and Next, or Capsizer and Homerjay for example. Find me a team with 2 randoms at high ratings and maybe I will change opinion, otherwise I stick with the fact that you can't climb ladder with people found on LFG, and you can't trust them. Specially when everyone is "2800 old AT" and somehow they can't even press the dispel button for their healer.

12 Last