1. This has gone on too long, Warmane. It's time to stop.

Okay. Let me first start by saying that I understand the things that the Warmane Admins and Devs go through,having been one myself in the past for other games.

I am a lover of pvp. I think that pvp trumps pve in coordination and skill any day of the week, because it's a human being you're fighting against. Not a sprite or npc.

I cannot put into words how apathetic people on Lordaeron are towards pvp. Your cross-realming us with icecrown has done nothing but completely destroyed all hope for almost 100% of people who want to pvp on Lordaeron. Noone knows when they join the x1 realm that they are in for a shock when they hit 80 and want to pvp. That is the position I am in currently, and I have around 40 other people in my guild that are in that position as well.

Lordaeron does not have the option to purchase a Shadowmourne flat out. I know what you're going to say, "Lol it's not just that it's gear" and things along the lines of, "You guys just don't know your class hurr". Just hear me out, okay?

We have played this game since it came out in the late 2000's. There are millions of places to research tactics, strategy, gearing, gemming, enchanting and all the things that go into making a fine-tuned killing machine to pvp with. Noone can deny the fact, however, that there are literally DOZENS OF SHADOWMOURNES ROLLING OVER HORDE IN EVERY BATTLEGROUND AT ANY TIME OF DAY.

This isn't right. It's not fair. It's not conducive to a happy play environment. Noone wants to do a BG just to get raped.

I'm not one for complaining so I come with a very, very simple solution.

Let ICECROWN PVP'ERS PVP with ICECROWN PVP'ERS. They have over 10,000 people on that server. Let BLACKROCK PVP with LORDAERON, because even though they can log-in to win (don't get mad you know that holds truth in it. I can't log in to Loraderon and get full relent), at least they can't buy damned Shadowmourne and literally ROLL. OVER. MOBS. OF PEOPLE. WITH HEALERS. WITH GEAR. COORDINATING WITH EACH OTHER.

This isn't about one guy complaining, okay. I am speaking for hundreds of people NOT ONLY on Lordaeron BUT ALSO on Icecrown's server. We're tired of this crap Warmane. Please, undo it. You're killing the PVP community and making it impossible for people who WANT TO PVP to DO SO ENJOYABLY.

I'm not saying get RID of Shadowmourne. All i'm saying is stop Pay to Play from being able to BG with a x1, non buff server that has literally everything pinned against it. It's not right, and it's not fun, which is why people come here. Not to get raped.

Thank you for all you do, Warmane.

-Tank
    Edited: May 8, 2019

2. May 8, 2019  

3. May 8, 2019  
    I cannot put into words how apathetic people on Lordaeron are towards pvp.
    Correct me if i am wrong, but Lordearon players was very apathetic towards PVP even before Cross-Realm. From my understanding Lord had pretty much non existing PVP and this is why they added them to the cross-realm.
    BTW Blackrock have SM in their store as well and plenty of players already got it, so your idea to let Lord and BR be together wont really change much for you.

The cross-realm and specially the Gear Brackets are disaster. No idea how much worst/better is for Lord, but i can tell you for Icecrown players there is only negative and nothing positive. It make the game feel like a lot more like what is on Retail where you are never overpowering other players and everyone seem to be on similar power level.

4. May 8, 2019  
    The cross-realm and specially the Gear Brackets are disaster. No idea how much worst/better is for Lord, but i can tell you for Icecrown players there is only negative and nothing positive. It make the game feel like a lot more like what is on Retail where you are never overpowering other players and everyone seem to be on similar power level.
    It's the same for lordaeron with the exception that you are the only ***** in the bg who is getting overpowered by the rest. A minority of players over here ever reach 6k pve gs and even then you are still like 900gs short to your average BiS melee in bgs. I used to be a nearly exclusive pvp player before I came to lordaeron and now I play like 95% of the time pve. Lordaeron wintergrasp can be really fun, since everyone got their gear in the same way.
    I am glad to see that you aren't blind to the problems of this system anymore

5. May 8, 2019  
    Correct me if i am wrong, but Lordearon players was very apathetic towards PVP even before Cross-Realm. From my understanding Lord had pretty much non existing PVP and this is why they added them to the cross-realm.
    BTW Blackrock have SM in their store as well and plenty of players already got it, so your idea to let Lord and BR be together wont really change much for you.

I took a break in september so I don't know how they were. I understand that you can buy SM on blackrock, but you cannot deny that oversaturation of all the other easily obtainable items and pvp gear make it an ill-conceived purchase for someone on a server where everything is given to you freely. If you are surrounded by free things that are at a heightened level of gearscore, you are going to be much less likely to spend money out of your pocket to get one more bis item.

Icecrown is a different story. There, you can get to 80 and get geared effortlessly (almost) and the shadowmourne that you buy isn't really a luxury item. It's a requirement for many guilds if you want to pvp with them. Shadowmourne is supposed to be a legendary item and should not be obtainable ouright. That's my point.

That point is what makes the Icecrown xrealm with us and blackrock so crappy dude. With blackrock you DO HAVE a MUCH less chance of someone having that damned axe simply because people go there to have the gear to have fun with, not to pay.

My point is that unbuffed x1 servers SHOULD NOT BG WITH BUFFED X7 SERVERS WITH PAY TO WIN. It's immoral and it's irresponsible, and players on both factions are so fed up with it that they afk willingly when they see the f**king thing proc all over the place. People literally give up dude. That is not fair. I know it's not going to change because warmane makes good money off of this digital item, but they should feel bad that they are destroying a large portion of the community by doing so. You're literally drowning people because they cannot afford that weapon. It's not right.

6. May 8, 2019  
    Nah, the wise icecrown players wrote that crossrealm woudb be the best scenario ever, especially for lordaeron players.
    Some even denied the impact of gear, because math sucks or something, so even when 4<5 they said that 4=5 and played the "i don't get it" card about lordaeron players complains.

The logic for this was absurd from the start.
    -lord pvp is low, lord population isn't great
    let's cross with wallet realm!

Great way to improve lordaeron population.

One good change was enable rdf, but maybe they expected more from only this and give up to the cross realm idea so quickly.
    Edited: May 8, 2019

7. May 28, 2019  
    You notice that there are no comments really for or against this in any extreme form. The reason is because Loraderon players are apathetic and Icecrown players f*cking lolmourne all over the place and know what I'm saying is correct.

Please stop this warmane. Horde on Loraderon has to play 15-20 bgs just to get a single win. This isn't fun anymore.

8. May 31, 2019  
    You notice that there are no comments really for or against this in any extreme form. The reason is because Loraderon players are apathetic and Icecrown players f*cking lolmourne all over the place and know what I'm saying is correct.

Please stop this warmane. Horde on Loraderon has to play 15-20 bgs just to get a single win. This isn't fun anymore.
    We Lordaeron players are "apathetic" and don't even complain anymore because we already know they are never going to reverse this Cross-Realm ****. It's a done deal, and it's here to stay, no matter that 99% of Lordaeron players think it just SUCKS. If they made a BIG POLL before, so we could decide for ourselves, then this thing wouldn't have happened. Now it's probably never going to get reverted.

If you are an Icecrown player, and haven't played on Lordaeron since it's launch, PLEASE SHUT THE F UP about the state of PVP before the cross-realm. You don't know crap. PVP WAS FINE ! Yes, longer queues for BGs and Arenas, but so what, when you entered a BG you really had fun against similarly geared people. And queues weren't that long, maybe 5-10 mins compared to 1 min now. Arenas were also a real way to gear up, compared to the crap we got today. At 400-500 Rating on 2v2 already started to encounter Shadowmournes. Absolutely ridiculous.

Here we are, 5k-5.5k gs players ( the geared ones ) stuck with 6.5K+ Icecrownies, and they still see it as a "blessing" for us. I don't even know how a PVP player on Lordaeron like myself is supposed to gear himself up.
    TO GET WRATHFUL GEAR = Need good arena rating.
    You now need full wrathful + some pve pieces to even have a chance in the Arenas, SO HOW WILL YOU GET THAT GEAR IN THE FIRST PLACE ?

Still hoping for an answer from Warmane, but I know it will never come.

9. May 31, 2019  
    If you are an Icecrown player, and haven't played on Lordaeron since it's launch, PLEASE SHUT THE F UP about the state of PVP before the cross-realm.
    I am very curious who are this Icecrown players that say Cross-realm is needed? The reality is Icecrown was perfectly fine before this changes, we had very fast Arena and BG queue, win ration was balanced around 40/60 for alliance and didn't need or ask for this changes at all. You, Lordearon players was the one who complained that your brackets was dead.

Also the problem is not the cross-realm, but the Gear Score brackets. There is GIANT portion of Icecrown players who are undergeared, but all of them are cut off from higher bracket, so you are all stuck with SM portion of the population.
    Edited: May 31, 2019

10. May 31, 2019  
    I am very curious who are this Icecrown players that say Cross-realm is needed?
    Icecrown players were the ones giving pro cross realm feedback, yeah they entered in lord forums and told how cross realm wasn't a big deal, so even if they didn't ask for cross realm (who asked for that in any case?) they were the ones denying the complains of lordaeron players.

Lordearon players was the one who complained that your brackets was dead.
    So, "i am very curious who are this lordaeron players that say Cross-realm was needed?"

The only change to lord pre cross realm was rdf and heirlooms, they don't implement double queue (so you can queue for dung and bg/arena at the same time), cross faction or solo queue. Warmane went directly for cross realm despite the pre cross complains.

A lot of people didn't even know lordaeron, warmane was associated to icecrown/pay to win instantly.
    With current cross realm lord enter in that category, so only naive/troll people gonna suggest lord for try wotlk pvp.

The way of improve activity in a realm is getting people into the server itself, and mixing a donor realm with a buffed content realm is a "Don't join here" poster for lordaeron.

11. May 31, 2019  
    The reality is Icecrown was perfectly fine before this changes, we had very fast Arena and BG queue, win ration was balanced around 40/60 for alliance and didn't need or ask for this changes at all. You, Lordearon players was the one who complained that your brackets was dead.
    I completely agree that Icecrown was perfectly fine, first the population is much bigger, and more into PVP, and also BECAUSE ALL PLAYERS HAD EQUAL OPORTUNITIES between themselves. If you want to donate for full 284 gear, you are free to do so. If you want to grind the gear, you are also free to do so. With this merge, not only the people of Lordaeron are at a total disadvantage from a gearing standpoint, but they CAN'T DONTATE to stay competitive. It makes absolutely no sense for us to pvp anymore.

At least warmane should go full out now. If you merged our pvp COMPLETELY, then allow full Gear Shop for lordaeron too, or find some other way to balance this mess that you created.

12. May 31, 2019  
    I completely agree that Icecrown was perfectly fine, first the population is much bigger, and more into PVP, and also BECAUSE ALL PLAYERS HAD EQUAL OPORTUNITIES between themselves. If you want to donate for full 284 gear, you are free to do so. If you want to grind the gear, you are also free to do so. With this merge, not only the people of Lordaeron are at a total disadvantage from a gearing standpoint, but they CAN'T DONTATE to stay competitive. It makes absolutely no sense for us to pvp anymore.

At least warmane should go full out now. If you merged our pvp COMPLETELY, then allow full Gear Shop for lordaeron too, or find some other way to balance this mess that you created.
    Well since you agree that Icecrown was fine, then you understand players there didn't ask or needed cross-realm. I don't think anyone on Icecrown will care at all if tomorrow they remove Lordearon from cross-realm, however this will not fix your problem with lack of PVP interest.

For the record i played Lordearon around a year ago and PvP was literally non existing. There was zero PVP guilds and even as fresh team when trying to do arena we was facing only 1 team time for like a hour. At the end me and my partner ended up selling our characters and moving back to Icecrown so.... yes this was the state of PVP on Lordearon before the cross-realm.

Also i am gonna tell you this again, its not the cross-realm its the Gear score bracket. Majority of characters on Icecrown are actually undergeared, you simple cannot play together with them because of this *****ic gear bracket. Before they added this change on Icecrown usually at least half of the BG was around 5k or less GS.

13. May 31, 2019  
    That's EXACTLY the reason I'm pissed off. Icecrown players couldn't care less about us 2-3 players in a 40 man BG. We're less then 4% of the PVP crossrealm population probably. But if THEY didn't need it, and WE didn't want it, WHY IMPLEMENT IT? My main reason for playing on Lordaeron wasn't the PVE, was a balanced blizzlike PVP experience, with players the same gear as me, or atleast MUCH FEWER Heroic/BiS/SM heroes.
    And it actually went really well, until this happened.... I would much rather play some good balanced bgs and arenas a few times per week, then getting a ton of imbalanced ones...
    It feels as if Warmane ****s on all the effort Lord players put into gearing, and trust me, it's much much harder. Starting from the harder raids to even the more expensive BoE items, enchants, gems. Everything is slower, harder, more natural.

14. June 1, 2019  
    One of the reasons why Warmane implemented gear brackets in BGs were the Lordaeron players because they complained that they get outgeared by donors.
    Gear based BGs was an attempt to make it more fair for Lordaeron players which turned terrible wrong.
    The problem is that furious geared Lordaeron players are placed in the high gear bracket and end up against Blackrock players with a starter gear which is already better than a complete honor gear on Lordaeron and even worse, they are put in BGs with BiS geared Icecrown donors.

Gear based BGs would be far more balanced with a third gear bracket for +6k GS players.
    Lordaeron players would no longer have to bother with full donors from the other realms and starter geared Blackrock players would no longer be stomped by BiS geared Icecrown humans.

The issue is that there are too many BiS geared humans and not enough BiS geared horde pvpers for such a +6k GS BG bracket. The queue times would be too long.
    If it's not possible to have a equal amount of BiS geared horde and ally pvper then I see cross-faction BGs as the best solution.
    I wouldn't mind cross-faction BGs when I get a BG with exceptional BiS geared players in return.
    Balanced BGs with equal geared players are for me far more important than faction affinity and I believe the vast majority feels the same.

15. June 1, 2019  
    Balanced BGs with equal geared players are for me far more important than faction affinity and I believe the vast majority feels the same.
    Yes well... Blizzard listened to people like you and start making PVP equal and balance and complete ruined it. People don't play RPG games to be equal to others, you have games like LOL or CS:GO for that.

123 ... Last