View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. May 16, 2019  
    there are a million options to choose from random spells already built for the game, some of which are for mobs, that are far more fair than that ******ed wallet boy feature. even passive hit would be more competitive than a free tinket slot.
    listen, the meta changed. the game no longer provides challenge since the meta is currently broken.
    go out of the box and find a fix.
    1) fix the queue times
    2) nerf humans.
    very simple stuff.
    it doesn't even require a client mode. the racial spells come from the code. if you use something like a random buff with any coherent cooldown, with the buff not being overpowered, you would have fixed this entire situation by replacing one spell, that should never have existed.
    if you need ideas, please reach out to me and i will help.
    its a ****ing no brainer.
    you can test this solution for a month. with 1 line of code.

2. May 16, 2019  
    there are a million options to choose from random spells already built for the game, some of which are for mobs, that are far more fair than that ******ed wallet boy feature. even passive hit would be more competitive than a free tinket slot.
    listen, the meta changed. the game no longer provides challenge since the meta is currently broken.
    go out of the box and find a fix.
    1) fix the queue times
    2) nerf humans.
    very simple stuff.
    it doesn't even require a client mode. the racial spells come from the code. if you use something like a random buff with any coherent cooldown, with the buff not being overpowered, you would have fixed this entire situation by replacing one spell, that should never have existed.
    if you need ideas, please reach out to me and i will help.
    its a ****ing no brainer.
    if problem n2 was fixed, problem n1 may have not even existed. and you could let go of the mercenary mode altogether.
    my advice: nerf the human racial, remove the mercenary mode, and let the players resolve the rest. they are not *****s you know. but with humans being so op, there is no choice to be made.

3. May 16, 2019  
    if problem n2 was fixed, problem n1 may have not even existed. and you could let go of the mercenary mode altogether.
    my advice: nerf the human racial, remove the mercenary mode, and let the players resolve the rest. they are not *****s you know. but with humans being so op, there is no choice to be made.
    what do you think would happen if humans could play all classes? everybody would be a CLASS human. its very simple to understand this.

4. May 16, 2019  
    what do you think would happen if humans could play all classes? everybody would be a CLASS human. its very simple to understand this.
    you are walking too close to the end. you gotta wake up and analyze the situation.
    i know, the extra trinket gives extra cash sure. but thats very tunnel visionish.
    what if there was no extra trinket. what if players were excited about the pvp scene cause its fair play, everybody has same conditions.
    well then what happens is that people start having fun. this would mean people will be more willing to buy some stuff for that extra boost in gear, in order to compete.
    lets not be childish here. the server needs a business model. nothing wrong with making money.
    but you are heading to oblivion if you dont fix the pvp scene, cause i would bet that most of the donations go to pvp gear. since you dont compete against another indiviual in pve. if you have 2 people with full donor gear in pve, that could gear an entire guild with time.
    but this isn't the case in pvp. bgs are not determined by 2 people. the biggest the bg the biggest the gear average must be in your team to fight against the other team.
    ... i just dont really see whats delaying this decision. but hey, we all have our **** to deal with i guess.

5. May 16, 2019  
    Even old division already moving alliance im sad to see the pvp is ruined so badly
    OD is moving to alliance, because they were killed by Alliance domination and other powerful alliance PvP guilds.
    So there is no choice for OD, they can que just for small bgs up to 15 man and avoid all AVs or transfer to alliance to play arenas.
    Their times are over as Warbringers some years ago

6. May 16, 2019  
    Make the human racial remove stunns only (maby roots as well) and share 45 sec cooldown with pvp trinket.
    This would make it the opposite of undead racial it even fits the lore better

7. May 17, 2019  
    honestly this killed any interest i had after being away for 2 years as it is

just put the bgs back the way they were and get rid of blackrock

8. May 17, 2019  
    There is already a pretty good incentive to play Horde though. Faster queues and higher win percentage.
    Pvp guilds mass faction change because of a system that does not work as initially described

9. May 17, 2019  
    honestly this killed any interest i had after being away for 2 years as it is

just put the bgs back the way they were and get rid of blackrock
    Same here maybe they are forcing ppl to switch human side since humans has 2 free slots for trinkets,so the more players switch to humans toon the more heroic trinkets they potentially sell. Itìs all about profits IT'S ONLY MY SUPPOSITION but i think is this... at this point it's only a fun server.

so no they're not willing to nerf human racial, they prefer utterly destroy the horde faction rather than do that.

10. May 17, 2019  
    Same here maybe they are forcing ppl to switch human side since humans has 2 free slots for trinkets,so the more players switch to humans toon the more heroic trinkets they potentially sell. Itìs all about profits IT'S ONLY MY SUPPOSITION but i think is this... at this point it's only a fun server..
    That's not about profit, otherwise they could have set million vanity missing items/mounts in the store with 0 balance affection.

11. May 19, 2019  
    I already saw a lot of alliance players from blackrock playing against the horde while they are in an horde team, and is so annoying, please don't make this change

12. May 20, 2019  
    Gg after one month trying this mode even i didnt kiled it from the start i have to say bb to warmanes pvp......change server to pve only because pvp is dead

13. May 20, 2019  
    My reply from Icecrown - Forum to this topic:

Warmane wants to hide the terrible consequences that these changes have had for the PvP of the Horde.

They have already deleted a post in which I exposed some reasons why this union of Blackrock-Icecrown and the mercenary mode have massacred the state of PvP in the Horde:

- Entire BGs of Blackrock 5.5k hordes against full BIS alliance premades.
    - Massive change of players (even entire full guilds) to the alliance.
    - The rest of the PvP guilds (couple remaining) continue dying/afking.
    - Huge decrease in the number and quality of horde premades.
    - Ridiculous massacres and farming-graveyard simulators towards horde in BGs of 40 players.
    - Destruction of the symbol "BG horde-hero". Now, if you want to farm hkills, you have to be alliance.
    - Impotence feelings from most part of the horde side.
    - Longer queues for the horde-BGs (everyone confirms this).
    - Healthy arena community on ally side, Horde is a desert.
    - ETC, ETC

In some way I understand them, reversing these changes would not be an easy task and it far easier to accept that 33% of the PvP population must die just for the other 66% stays on a heaven-"healthier" status. Alliance complaining because they have to wait 5-10 minutes to enter a battlefield... nonono, INTOLERABLE. We better destroy the only advantage that existed to keep doing PvP on Horde side. It is sad to see so many friends have left the server just for this...

In short, it is not that we can do anything.

14. May 21, 2019  
    Why didn't you make just a temp Ally>Horde free transfer? It'd help already and we wouldn't have this big indignation wave due to this non-sense.

15. May 21, 2019  
    The only problem that causes major bad choices is the staff who is clueless of how pvp works, you can even say statistics, a person can make smart choices even if he doesn't truly understand core, or basic principles of a problem, as long as he can logically digest the situation.

IF you want to implement a mercenery mode, you implement it as God All-mighty commanded, RNG on ALL SERVERS.
    Horde was always better than alliance in pvp, basic reason being not sucking at first grade math like human players do, but now you get the trash alliance + blood elves PLUS they are both keen on being either afk or assist enemy team cause of their poor mental health.

As people moaned it doesn't affect older / geared players, but for people who want to gear up

First ... 444525354555664 ... Last