1. May 16, 2019  
    Bllizard doesnt have mercenary mode, a huge chunk of people will go to blizzard when they release wotlk. As they have said they will
    They said its possible to release TBC and WOTLK, depends of how well Classic goes. But even if that happen it wont be in next 4-5 years for sure. Also MM exist on retail for years. If they face some huge faction unbalance, which will happen most likely, they can add it to Classic or whatever other version of the game they run int he future.

2. May 16, 2019  
    The ppl that used to play classic on retail are now +30 years old. Most of them have a job and some even a family. They are no longer teenagers and dont have the time to do a endless grinds on a classic x1 realm.
    If players have the choice between retail classic with x1 rates and Warmane classic with increased rates then I'm sure that there gonna be many casual players that will choose Warmane over retail even though they can afford a monthly fee.

3. May 16, 2019  
    There is also those who can afford retail, but don't really wanna do months endless grinding and prefer to play on server with cash shop. I am sure there is plenty of people who can afford to pay some $ for r14 weapons, but cant afford to actually grind r14 on retail.
    Fair point.
    One could also say that some people prefer Warmane because there is the guarantee that they won't be forced to play "the next expansion".

The ppl that used to play classic on retail are now +30 years old. Most of them have a job and some even a family. They are no longer teenagers and dont have the time to do a endless grinds on a classic x1 realm.
    I see a lot of people say this, and yet, BFA is an endless grind. The main key difference is that at the end of the grind, BFA doesn't have a clear and distinct goal that people actually care about.
    On your point about people preferring high rates, though, that much is true.

4. May 16, 2019  
    I see a lot of people say this, and yet, BFA is an endless grind.
    The aged players have a nostalgic connection to classic wow and thats something that the younger WoW gamers can't have because they simply didn't play back then.
    Because of that I think it's likely that classic wow gonna be mostly for the aged players while the younger once stick to the current xpac.
    So the average player of BFA is probably younger than the average classic WoW player gonna be.
    It might become an issue that Classic WoW has on one hand a very time consuming grind but on the other hand it mostly attracts the aged players that have more responsibilitys in life and less time for gaming than the younger once.
    Edited: May 16, 2019

5. May 17, 2019  
    Foremost I would like to thank you all for giving your opinions and making this thread bigger than I thought It would become, I deeply appreciate that. But there is one more thing I'd like to point out that was provided to me by a YouTube video covering the idea of Classic and the momentum it's brought back up in the MMORPG community.

As you all know, Classic content has been out on Retail servers for 14 something years now. With that being said, a lot has changed in 14 years to retail and without a doubt is not the same game it was 14 years ago. When a new XPAC is released, you get to feel the excitement of new content coming to the game; so what about Classic? What made Classic so great as an MMORPG was that it offered the freshest content in the entire community and it was genuinely a game that took an immense amount of effort to make. Some do not understand that the experience and the knowledge is already there; many of you and millions of other players have already raided MC, BWL, AQ, and Naxx. So let me say this again; What does the re-release of Classic hold for the WoW community?

6. May 17, 2019  
    imo wotlk servers dont gonna change much. sure some people gonna try classic, but the 80 toon gonna stay there after the 1 month hype. You don't "lose" progress after all, because 90% of private servers are static, people can still play now and then.

What does the re-release of Classic hold for the WoW community?
    A "fair" and official enviroment i guess.

If they don't go full ****** and restrain their nature you will have:

- no pay to win
    - no GM involved in gold/items/raids stuff
    - no server defamation
    - official script
    - decent pop in every time zone
    - decent ping
    - condensed population

technically, you will have the classes working as intended, so the drama gonna focus on blizzard and fixes and no in the "in retail this spell work like this" or "i remeber this" with a static server without hotfixes or explanations.

That is in theory, because blizzard doesn't shine for please the player lately.

7. May 17, 2019  
    As you all know, Classic content has been out on Retail servers for 14 something years now. With that being said, a lot has changed in 14 years to retail and without a doubt is not the same game it was 14 years ago. When a new XPAC is released, you get to feel the excitement of new content coming to the game; so what about Classic? What made Classic so great as an MMORPG was that it offered the freshest content in the entire community and it was genuinely a game that took an immense amount of effort to make. Some do not understand that the experience and the knowledge is already there; many of you and millions of other players have already raided MC, BWL, AQ, and Naxx. So let me say this again; What does the re-release of Classic hold for the WoW community?
    Most expansions are "theme park" while Classic is way more "sandbox" oriented. Its not about the content, but more about building your character and just been part of this world that feel whole, not like expansion where you are on some small island with 3 zones on it and rest of the world is complete irrelevant. There is also way stronger RPG element to the game. I also think PVP skill ceiling is insanely high in classic and way more fun tnx to all the different items/trinket you can use in PVP, that blizzard removed later on because they feel like its unfair. It's just complete different game then expansions.

Also the community will be way different and way stronger then on current WOW.
    Edited: May 17, 2019

8. May 18, 2019  
    Most expansions are "theme park" while Classic is way more "sandbox" oriented. Its not about the content, but more about building your character and just been part of this world that feel whole, not like expansion where you are on some small island with 3 zones on it and rest of the world is complete irrelevant. There is also way stronger RPG element to the game. I also think PVP skill ceiling is insanely high in classic and way more fun tnx to all the different items/trinket you can use in PVP, that blizzard removed later on because they feel like its unfair. It's just complete different game then expansions.

Also the community will be way different and way stronger then on current WOW.
    "insanely high" Lol no way, theres so few abilities in vanilla and casting/attack times are atrociously slow. Theres a skillcap on knowledge perhaps as theres a lot of things to exploit in vanilla though
    Edited: May 18, 2019

9. May 18, 2019  
    "insanely high" Lol no way, theres so few abilities in vanilla and casting/attack times are atrociously slow. Theres a skillcap on knowledge perhaps as theres a lot of things to exploit in vanilla though
    You have A LOT of ability in Classic and plenty of on use items, no idea why you think its just few but this is not true. People also use multiple ranks of their ability. And the way classes work in general make most of them way harder then what they are in WOTLK. Just compare Vanilla hunter to WOTLK hunter and tell me which one is harder to play.
    Edited: May 18, 2019

10. May 18, 2019  
    PvP in vanilla is slow and stupid, and engineering matters a lot so it's a must.

In a way, it's not about who has most skill, but about who's willing to spend more gold on killing an enemy.

11. May 18, 2019  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-THDdQepm-A&t=286m30s

Dunno i find this duels way more skilled then what we get in WOTLK.

12. May 18, 2019  
    blizz making classic server will not effect warmane much because warmane does not have a classic server.... so other then players leaving here to go play on a new classic server like we seen with the 2 new tbc servers it will not effect here much.

what will hurt private servers is when blizz makes a classic realm for each X-pac like classic TBC wrath cata and so on, thats when things start to chnage. look at TBC as an example there are what two new TBC servers atm with another two that been up for years. if blizz "of warmane" can get them people on one server again you got a high population server for the long term.

you also have to remember some people do not wan to give blizz any money but at the same time remember alot of people left BIS geared toons with boat loads of gold behind. people can buy playing time with gold now so your not even spending real $$$, it all depends on blizz and if and when they make more old school servers.

13. May 18, 2019  
    You have A LOT of ability in Classic and plenty of on use items, no idea why you think its just few but this is not true. People also use multiple ranks of their ability. And the way classes work in general make most of them way harder then what they are in WOTLK. Just compare Vanilla hunter to WOTLK hunter and tell me which one is harder to play.
    what ever was broken/good in classic got fixed and improved in TBC only to have blizz drop the ball and take a huge step back in wrath. i said it before and i will say it again no one even the most hardcore wrath players should ever talk about any type of pvp balance outside of 3v3. 3v3 in wrath was nothing special its just where blizz said we are done we cant balance this crap so everyone play "forced" 3v3, pvp outside of 3v3 was a joke.

of course the skill cap for alot of class went down in wrath... as thats where the game started to change. look at pallys ..... 3 buttons and can do everything same goes for dks.

14. May 18, 2019  
    look at pallys ..... 3 buttons and can do everything
    I have 21 macros, on top of my other skills, on my Ret paladin in Wrath. i guess i was playing it all wrong all this years and should just play with 3 buttons.

15. May 19, 2019  
    Playing a worse version of a class doesn't make you skilled, it only means you like to play handicapped. No there aren't a "lot" of abilities, it has far less than Wotlk. Ranks do not count. The perfect evidence is of the hunters overreliance on engineering to compensate for his lack of abilities. And in the end it didnt even matter because the warlock totally bodied him
    Edited: May 19, 2019

First 1234 ... Last