View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. It's not Blizzlike. I have done a couple of random BGs recently, after a long break. Such a low level of BGs quality I have never noticed. Sure, as always Alliance have a priority in BG due to their BiS premades and raid compositions, but that was a competitional and fun content before this. It's good to see the fixes on Improved Spell Reflection, but these fixes can't improve the gameplaye in BGs at least due to imba faction composition.

Almost in each Alliance group there's at least one Blackrock and one Lordaeron character, while in Horde raid composition there are like 60-70% of Blackrock characters. Gear and even top skills isn't a matter even - BGs should be a place to improve PVP skills by default. But due to instant gratification, there aren't enought knowledge about how the BGs works even. Therefore more and more players will transfer themselves to Alliance faction and more and more players will be pumped into BGs from Blackrock. It will be better to mix experienced well geared characters with rookie characters to speed up the overall PVP experience on this server. But it has nothing to do with premades.

As for me, it ruins the experience for both the rookie Horde players (because it's a CC instadeath) and Alliance players with premade BiS setups (because that's boring to chease characters around BG map). Fast win BGs leads to Alliance hyper farming of Honor points which leads to high farming of raw gems, which leads to an inflated economy again. The question is: "How long the Blackrock new players will stay in game after all?".

I'd say the current Warmance BGs are BDOlike (Black Desert Online). Anyway, it's your game and you vote for this.

2. I have honestly decided to quit the game today altogether .. it feels like a totally pay to win server .. warmane is baby sitting those kids with shadowmourne in icecrown, and it's just not fun, solo que is also terrible , players join as healer and wintarde other players by not healing at 10%hp, 2v2 is totally unplayable cuz u face those kids with BiS and shadowmourne at 1500 rating (again) ..so getting above 1500 is impossible .. grinding gear is impossible... I would rather pay a monthly subscription and have a fair gameplay than donate 200$ and have an advantage over other players.. the game is not interesting anymore.

Bottom line .. I miss AT .. those were the days .. the fun days.

3. I agree with all of you entirely, but u really think that warmane staff gonna do something about disable it and hear what players have to say about this? We don't have any answer from administration so far so I don't think it's gonna be changed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. New complain threads are poping up on daily basis and no statement from the staff for over two and a half months now.
    I'm really curious how much longer Warmane wants to keep this silence up.

5. Why would they say anything? The thing is really simple - the system was meant to fix the Q time on the ally side and it did just that. The Horde being completely ruined is just a side effect, call it a price if you will that they were very willing to pay.

6. My last post being deleted shows how much it was true.
    @Shadowshowz: Yes correct
    I've found this, lurking backwards in this thread
    Originally Posted by Obnoxious
    What would you do if you were on a progressive server and the next patch had cows shadowmelding? Would you freak out and complain it's "game breaking" or would you adapt and learn to deal with that change?
    This is the confirmation of what you said actually.
    Even tho I won't comment on what Obnoxious said, because my post will be deleted again :)

7. A statement from the mods or staff would be helpful. Is this something that is being monitored and looked at? Are changes going to be made to this mistake? Or is this mercenary mode blunder just the way things will be from now on? It would be nice to know something so I make plans to move on if it's not going to be fixed.

8. A statement from the mods or staff would be helpful. Is this something that is being monitored and looked at? Are changes going to be made to this mistake? Or is this mercenary mode blunder just the way things will be from now on? It would be nice to know something so I make plans to move on if it's not going to be fixed.
    It's all about a money, nothing else. Mark my words, I think my post will be deleted and account banned, cuz I'm telling what it is. Make screenshot and u will see ;)

9. Looks like Warmane wants to really become Blizzlike and lose their customers :D

10. Lordaeron was perfect for both bgs and arenas. I chose to lvl up lordaeron again to not meet smournes everywhere. But I guess its not possible... Also none wants to play with low geared blackrock players on bgs... They just try new chars and most of the times dont even gear them. It has been more than once that ally player joined bg as horde and did everything, from afking to not capturing flag, for horde to lose.

Will anything be done? Original Poll idea could happen, why ruin the experience for horde?. Allies have big queue times horde low win rate. Want more win rate? Go ally, Want lower queue time go Horde. Now its Want lower queue time? Doesnt matter, want higher win rate? Go Ally. Also, do you want cancerous afkers and griefers? Go bg as horde and get these types of allies on your team

11. Remove Every Man for Himself, and everything will be fixed... check your average bg, almost every alliance is HUMAN, for the racial.

12. "Why would they say anything? The thing is really simple - the system was meant to fix the Q time on the ally side and it did just that. The Horde being completely ruined is just a side effect, call it a price if you will that they were very willing to pay."

Cause most donators are HUMANS for the racial trinket. Just remove the racial ability and give them orc Blood Fury, and watch how the donators will join Horde just for the Orc Axe racial to combine with shadowmourne, thats how feeble people are.

13. Cause most donators are HUMANS for the racial trinket. Just remove the racial ability and give them orc Blood Fury, and watch how the donators will join Horde just for the Orc Axe racial to combine with shadowmourne, thats how feeble people are.
    If we were out to make money, there are easier and more profitable ways to do so than this.

Remove Every Man for Himself, and everything will be fixed... check your average bg, almost every alliance is HUMAN, for the racial.
    As much as some people might like that, it's an inelegant solution that would in itself cause problems and complaints.

14. Why does the bad posts with stupid ideas get answered by the staff while the once with solid solutions gets ignored and avoided?

15. What sort of response would you like me to post? I engage with the posts I have something to say to. The posts that are good, I often don't have much to reply with. Would you like me to quote such posts and say "There it is!"? Would that help anyone? I don't believe that it would. I also believe that it's in the best interest of this thread and discussion that we don't get stuck on complaints about how not everyone gets their posts replied to. Else I may just stop posting entirely.

First ... 1252606162636472 ... Last