View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. July 5, 2019  
    The queues remain short now and the win ratio favours Horde right now actually. Those who do not prefer the system and can take the slightly longer queues do not have to participate in the system.

And yes, the numbers refer to the better geared bracket. For now, we consider the issue as resolved.
    Thank you for listening to the Horde player base because seriously RBG's were unplayable as Horde today I won 4 games in a row which wasn't possible when x cross faction cme into with Blackrock players.

2. July 7, 2019  
    The queues remain short now and the win ratio favours Horde right now actually. Those who do not prefer the system and can take the slightly longer queues do not have to participate in the system.

And yes, the numbers refer to the better geared bracket. For now, we consider the issue as resolved.
    To be honest I'm out of this. Waiting for 10 minutes to get queue, and then be in a bg with toxic blackrock players makes it hardly playable. I don't mind losing but that's no fun when you get 10/15 players who have no idea what they are doing, and are just talking BS in the chat.
    Kinda forces you to participate in the system, and it's a chance if you'd get half-decent team or kids who just discovered an old game.
    Hopefully when I come back in a few months (I know myself too well..) things won't be the same.

3. July 8, 2019  
    [QUOTE=kochito;3002799]To be honest I'm out of this. Waiting for 10 minutes to get queue, and then be in a bg with toxic blackrock players makes it hardly playable./QUOTE]

Welcome to what its been like to play as horde the last 3 months where we were forced to play with Blackrock because Merc mode wasn't enabled on IC or Lor untill just now. And Merc mode was forced enabled on Blackrock. As far as the new system, it's working great, horde gets wins and losses and so does ally. Warmane did a really good job with this fix. If you don't like the long que times, then go into your account settings an enabled "opt-in" mercenary mode. Warmane can't help that all the pvpers want to play alliance, causing their q-times to get so high. They did the best to fix it and with this recent change it certainly did. Now its way more balanced and fair for both factions.

4. July 8, 2019  
    If you don't like the long que times, then go into your account settings an enabled "opt-in" mercenary mode.
    Yeah, pretty much. At this point, an alliance player can choose to be either horde or alliance in bgs. So there's really not much cause to complain - if the RP aspect of being alliance is important to you then that's a choice you make to prioritize RP over fast queues and fewer Blackrock team-mates.

5. July 9, 2019  

6. July 9, 2019  
    For me it's big error. The game is Alliance vs horde. When i create my caracter i choose Ally, all server except Warmane it's always hord win BG, like offi ! So I dont play BG for kill A²... Too stupid no "Blizzlike". On Outland you do not agree to allow the health point to be displayed because it is not "Blizzlike".

On server it's 50/50 player ally/hord, If hord's player dont know play pvp it isn't my problem. Any server except Warmane ally win 3/4 BG. The Hord dont know play BG or pvp, stop cry for balanced... Those are noob

Now it's full PM on hord but it's player Ally... WTF !!!

Warmane became server kikoolol crasy Hord. As usual, like official, Hord cry ===> Bost for them

7. July 9, 2019  
    For me it's big error. The game is Alliance vs horde. When i create my caracter i choose Ally, all server except Warmane it's always hord win BG, like offi ! So I dont play BG for kill A²... Too stupid no "Blizzlike". On Outland you do not agree to allow the health point to be displayed because it is not "Blizzlike".

On server it's 50/50 player ally/hord, If hord's player dont know play pvp it isn't my problem. Any server except Warmane ally win 3/4 BG. The Hord dont know play BG or pvp, stop cry for balanced... Those are noob

Warmane became server kikoolol crasy Hord. As usual, like official, Hord cry ===> Bost for them
    Yes Buddy. Every Person who happens to choose the horde side is just a bad player (and probably just an inferior human being in general). There is no way any of this has anything to do with the fact that the Alliance has a big racial advantage and therefore is a must pick for every good (or wannabe good mainly) pvp player. You are completely right, people who look at the Warcraft lore and character select screen and think to themselves: "Hm, I kind of prefer the horde over the alliance" the first time they open the game, are just destined to be the worse players and don't have the necessary intellect to understand how to properly play PvP.
    It's astounding how such a simple fact, as minor as it is, completely segregates whiny plebs like me from members of the proud master race like you.

Let's ignore the fact that, I, like many other horde players, have played most of my arena time as human for some mysterious reasons.

8. July 9, 2019  

Yes lets ignore the fact the most serious PvP players roll Alliance for the better racials namely night elf, human and dreanei and also the bigger pool of PvP players on Alliance. You sound angry to me because you can't login and just rolf stomp the other team and GY farm them now which was basically happening before the fix almost every game and your response to this is "GIT GUD HORDE SCRUBS".

9. Finally BGs seem to be fair in terms of balance, thx Staff. I don't get why You would have to complain when the 90% of ally trush pvpers chose that faction just for the human racial. You want fast Q? Enable the MM or reroll Horde if You have the balls, but maybe You'd just prefer to be carried by a random ''donated gear'' guild, which is actually nothing but a braindead hks farmer guild, since there's nothing like Roleplay Guilds on Ally side, nor any attempt to play BGs to actually.... try to win them...But that's a problem of yours, not of the Horde faction which, especially since Dog Division / Idc gotta poop and others rerolled ally, finally came out to the conclusion that playing for objectives is more fun and It grants You the victory. Anyway don't try to tar everyone with the same brush, Horde faction has its own premade, and its top pvpers either We talk about Glad or Battlemaster, can't say the same about Lordaeron tho. Obviously It's not that common to see such people for many reasons, as We said most of the Arena Heroes / HKs farmers reroll human but still, as 2.7k + and Bm Disc Pri on Icecrown (Ye We're not all lowbies and newbs on this faction), I have no problem premading even with just a few friends of mine, and to be honest I found 6-7 bis and decent pvpers on Horde side on Blackrock aswell, to do BGs idd with my Bis DK. So stop complaining and enjoy the game, since It's fair and balanced for the very first time, even tho I'm kinda sure things will change a lot when WoW Classic will be officially released (August) and the kids will return to school (September). Once again, thx Staff for taking the right decision for the good of the entire server.

10. This is a fix. bg's are now playable for the horde again, and i am happy to get back at the top of the food chain once more^^
    But i still miss the good old days of just lordaeron players in a cozy environment. you knew all the pvpers from other side and they knew you. i haven't seen inca in like forever! we used to have that frenemy thingy, now that's gone... but enough for the nostalgia. This is good, especially giving alliance the opportunity to opt out was a nice touch.
    it was long long overdue and almost killed the pvp for a while, but still better late than never. Good job warmane staff.

11. Hopefully GM reads this and changes it😆

As ally drenei going into MM bg I would love to be orc ( I was orc before cata-wotlk transf ) instead tauren that only makes me look giant and ruins whole tmog while as orc it would look awesome. Pls make this change ✌

Otherwise, its fun to play bgs even more now.

12. tauren that only makes me look giant and ruins whole tmog
    Second that.
    Space goats turn into cows. Not to mention cows have da worst tmog look ever, their /cheer emoption is utterly crap.

13. No mercenary mode please, the game is ruined

14. Check settings, you can opt in and out for that!!!

15. You have broken the pvp. People from Blackrock realm is full geared, and they don't even need the honor from the victory. Either Ally is on the ally side or on the horde side, they are not going to try at all. They are just going to camp, laugh at players like me, who are not full geared. Bg's were fun when 98% of the bg were greenies. That was the real pvp. You could try a kind of "matchmaking": according to the GS or even the HP, you could match balanced players.
    This is not fun anymore. I swear you lost it.

First ... 26667475767778 Last