1. Challenge Dungeons

This is simply a suggestion I have for the WoTLK realms. Has anyone considered implementing a challenge mode dungeon, similar to what retail did with keystone dungeons?

Now hear me out because I am all about authenticity, but we have already implemented changes to the realms that weren't there when they were retail (transmog, solo queue, cross-realm BG, EOF events, and so on). I believe a lot of these features are good for Warmane since it will not go past WoTLK. That in mind I think having a form of persistent dungeon content would be amazing.

There are plenty of times when I don't want to do BGs or have time to raid, but dungeons aren't really challenging anymore. I have done things to make them more challenging for myself (like only wear ilvl 200 gear). If we implemented a challenge dungeon system similar to how retail did we can have another form of end-game content for exact times like I've described. I do not feel like these dungeons should be identical to those retail dungeons (i.e. where they become another form of getting high-end gear) it should be there for the challenge. Some form of reward would likely be needed to help incentivize some people, but that could be open for discussion.

For the execution of these dungeons, I think it should be progressive like the retail keystones or Diablo 3 rifts. For instance, you can't progress to FoS level 4 until you complete FoS 3 or something similar. Adding new mechanics like additional adds, stacking debuffs, etc.

What are some other peoples opinion on this? Do you think it's a bad idea or do you think this would add some good alternatives to do at endgame, especially for those who have progressed through the endgame?

2. Absolutely.
    Or, allow scaling.

In my ideal world, all dungeons scale on the highest player ilevel/gs.

So, if FoS HC can be easily done with 3.5 gs = 100% difficulty. If highest GS player is 6k, dungeon becomes 300% difficulty.
    Something like that.

It is all ToC/ICC farming now anyway. That'd be awesome to have something new and challenging implemented.
    Or maybe just flat-out make all dungeons much harder, especially bosses. Make some tactics unforgiving, like Brann's drain soul thing - that heals boss. Make it heal boss to 100% and give enrage for 20s.

It would be great to see and challenging and more exciting.
    Or introduce like solo queue NPC - but into HARD dungeon mods with some better rewards.

Like, 5 EoF weekly quest if you kill FoS HC final boss that is deals 7x more damage, where spirits can 1-2 shot clothies. Where people need to use all abilities, kiting, prio-killing and etc.

3. Imo OP idea is good, better than scaling or flat increasing difficulty. Not everyone takes pleasure in pve and making it harder would only be a pain in the ***. But the completely optional challenge mode, with highest cleared level and clear times rankings, sounds like fun.

4. Too much custom scripting opening up holes for bugs and exploits and instability.
    New NPC, new dungeon instances, more different scripts for same dungeons and mobs. Better rewards are out of the question as there's no custom items ingame other than transmog scrolls, but they don't affect gameplay at all.
    It sounds cool, like those Mythic+ dungeons on retail, but it's just too custom.

5. Too much custom scripting opening up holes for bugs and exploits and instability.
    New NPC, new dungeon instances, more different scripts for same dungeons and mobs. Better rewards are out of the question as there's no custom items ingame other than transmog scrolls, but they don't affect gameplay at all.
    It sounds cool, like those Mythic+ dungeons on retail, but it's just too custom.
    I mean what do you call the EOF events, transmog, and cross-realm BGs? Those are all custom items requiring scripting.

6. For those who like the idea share the link in discord and in-game with your guildies and guildies. Maybe we can get some community support for this to give traction for dev support.

7. I mean what do you call the EOF events, transmog, and cross-realm BGs? Those are all custom items requiring scripting.
    Spawning 5 mob groups in a zone is not the same as creating instances with custom scripts for bosses and mobs inside of those dungeons.
    There was a santa boss last year, it was a mixed bag of pretty much all bosses and it had some issues. Luckily, it didn't need fixing cause it was up for only a few weeks. There's more important work to do than custom dungeon difficulty.
    And, even then, there will be no better items given. Maybe a few EOFs at most, custom items are not happening.

8. Spawning 5 mob groups in a zone is not the same as creating instances with custom scripts for bosses and mobs inside of those dungeons.
    There was a santa boss last year, it was a mixed bag of pretty much all bosses and it had some issues. Luckily, it didn't need fixing cause it was up for only a few weeks. There's more important work to do than custom dungeon difficulty.
    And, even then, there will be no better items given. Maybe a few EOFs at most, custom items are not happening.
    Then they should not have any new mechanics, just tweaked current ones. Like for example:
    boss damaga = (0,2 * difficultyLevel * boss damage ) + boss damage

Equations changing every next level of dungeon. It would spare a lot of work for devs.
    Edited: March 26, 2020