1. I don't understand why don't they make it opt-in like Mercenary mode.

If people enjoy being rekt by full bis premades, t hen they can opt-in and do that.

As for how unhealthy cross-realm PVP Is, look at Frostmourne arenas. Frostmourne currently does not have cross-realm PVP and arenas are thriving.

2. I don't understand why don't they make it opt-in like Mercenary mode.

If people enjoy being rekt by full bis premades, t hen they can opt-in and do that.

As for how unhealthy cross-realm PVP Is, look at Frostmourne arenas. Frostmourne currently does not have cross-realm PVP and arenas are thriving.
    It's simple: Lord has no shop, so no money coming from it. They should get some sort of revenue from it, and that's how they did so: converting Lord into a cannon fodder provider for the rest. The PvP status or costumer service there is something they don't seem to care at all (after all, most PvPers have already left...). All in all, it pushes PvPers either to jump on BR/IC (encouraging donations) or leaving the server altogether.

Frostmourne has the shop, so they need a healthy environment for its donors. This means getting them out of the BR/IC xrealm where they cannot compete.

In other words: they want you rekt. You're one of the "free kills" for their donors' enjoyment.

3. It's simple: Lord has no shop, so no money coming from it. They should get some sort of revenue from it, and that's how they did so: converting Lord into a cannon fodder provider for the rest. The PvP status or costumer service there is something they don't seem to care at all (after all, most PvPers have already left...). All in all, it pushes PvPers either to jump on BR/IC (encouraging donations) or leaving the server altogether.

Frostmourne has the shop, so they need a healthy environment for its donors. This means getting them out of the BR/IC xrealm where they cannot compete.

In other words: they want you rekt. You're one of the "free kills" for their donors' enjoyment.
    Actually, it is a good marketing strategy for the other realms come to think of it.

Although best option for any pvpers would be to switch to Frostmourne. I'm hitting 80 today on FM since I ditched my DK on Lord and even though I don't plan on donating it's much more balanced right now and easier to get to similar terms with everyone.

4. Which really doesn't make sense to me. It's to give ICC and BR a faster queue, but since barely 5 Lord people queue in for BG's, why is Lordaeron included? The faster queues certainly aren't because Lord players queue in lmao. BR and ICC got their own fair share of players and they are the bulk, as in 90-95% of the BG anyway. This way people from Lord just don't bother with queueing, and don't say people don't like to PvP since every WG is full, people attack cities and people dueling all over outside major cities.

If Lord was excluded, BR and ICC would still have fast queues + Lord pvp scene could reignite.
    Dedicated spamming on the same thread over several months, but nothing has changed, and nothing will ever change. The only thing that will be added to cross-realm is Frostmourne. When new contents open there Forstmourne will join cross-realm as well.

5. So much salt in this topic. I bet it was like that before cross-realm was introduced to Lord as well. "PLS give us cross-realm im stuck in queue for 15 minutes ...QQ". Anyway you get BIS players from IC and BS realm on your side and the opposite as well as half naked just hit lvl 80 players from IC xD. Just try to follow the objectives as long as its not WSG and enjoy the game, instead of crying in forums.

6. Dedicated spamming on the same thread over several months, but nothing has changed, and nothing will ever change. The only thing that will be added to cross-realm is Frostmourne. When new contents open there Forstmourne will join cross-realm as well.
    I don't have a problem with that, when that happens the playing field will be leveled for people on FM anyway, which is why I've rerolled there and started gearing up steadily. Whole point of the thread is that Lordaeron is getting s*** on due to cross-realm and that stands.

Frostmourne is the best solution for new PvP-ers at the moment who aren't into donating.

7. Frostmourne is a temporary solution, once they get merged into cross-realm with every second warrior running around with Shadowmourne it's over for them as well. That is until they get to 3.3.5 season gear

8. Frostmourne is a temporary solution, once they get merged into cross-realm with every second warrior running around with Shadowmourne it's over for them as well. That is until they get to 3.3.5 season gear
    If they merge FM with the others the same moment final content releases that will be plain stupid, although I'm not expecting anything from the staff. There should be at least a 2 week leeway for people to get that gear.

9. I don't understand why don't they make it opt-in like Mercenary mode.

Because it was a feature that took plenty of resources to create and implement and it's has an overwhelmingly positive effect for all of the realms.

It's simple: Lord has no shop, so no money coming from it. They should get some sort of revenue from it, and that's how they did so: converting Lord into a cannon fodder provider for the rest. The PvP status or costumer service there is something they don't seem to care at all (after all, most PvPers have already left...). All in all, it pushes PvPers either to jump on BR/IC (encouraging donations) or leaving the server altogether.

Wow you guys are geniuses! I wonder why they don't let a 219 meta queue into a 284 meta? I wonder if there's some disparity with the gear that's available on Frostmourne and all of the other WotLK realms? Nah, it must be because they want Lordareon players to go die in a ditch cause they give them literally zero dollars, because Lordareon players exclusively play on Lordareon and Blackrock/Icecrown players play exclusively on their respective realms.

I understand that they're trying to reduce queue time but it shouldn't be at the cost of quality gameplay. I almost regret putting in all that effort to level on Lord only to get rekt in PvP by x7 peeps. I would much rather wait a while in queue to have a challenging but realistic PvP experience than wait 3-5 minutes to get gang banged by x7's over and over again.
    What the hell does the leveling rate have to do with PvP?

Which really doesn't make sense to me. It's to give ICC and BR a faster queue, but since barely 5 Lord people queue in for BG's, why is Lordaeron included? The faster queues certainly aren't because Lord players queue in lmao. BR and ICC got their own fair share of players and they are the bulk, as in 90-95% of the BG anyway. This way people from Lord just don't bother with queueing, and don't say people don't like to PvP since every WG is full, people attack cities and people dueling all over outside major cities.

If Lord was excluded, BR and ICC would still have fast queues + Lord pvp scene could reignite.
    Crossrealm was implemented first and foremost to give all the realms faster, more consistent queues over the entire day. If I had to guess as to why they didn't implement it earlier, Lordareon being behind on content relative to IC/BR would probably be a big factor. WG is barely PvP mate, cmon. It's chaotic vehicle PvE simulator, especially with the changes to the tenacity stacks they implemented like 8 months ago. Significantly more than 5 people on Lorda queue BGs, even more are queueing arena now and pushing high in 2k in both 2s and 3s. People do world PvP and WG because they want to; the Lorda PvP scene is thriving. Premades are far and few between. Because the gear brackets are still not implemented/fixed, it's essentially exclusive Lorda PvP with just more overall population: a ton of geared players, low geared players, and everyone inbetween; if you're not queuing BGs, it's because you're bad, upset you can't gearbash, or upset that other people are better than you.

All of you whiners should go start a career in media, cause you're all fantastic at talking out of your collective asses and pretending everything you say is fact.

10. Hm, not sure if trolling or just ignorant and stupid.

11. the Lorda PvP scene is thriving.
    This is where you lost all your credibility.

Please go to Lord, do /who for battlegrounds, and provide proof that it is thriving, since many people provided proof of the opposite.

12. This is where you lost all your credibility.

Please go to Lord, do /who for battlegrounds, and provide proof that it is thriving, since many people provided proof of the opposite.
    "People aren't queued at the very specific time I am /who'ing therefore PvP is dead!"

ok fren

I don't understand you people. Battlegrounds right now are pretty much what they would be if xrealm was removed: there's no gear brackets so fresh 80s and low geared 80s are queueing into full BIS players and getting smashed, and whatever team has more lowbies loses almost by default. The only 'difference' is the overall pool of available players, so there's never no games. If you can't even enjoy BGs as they are now, you won't enjoy them if xrealm was removed, especially since queues will only be between like 7pm to 11pm euro times, if even that because nobody wants to be repeatedly graveyard camped over and over and over and over and over and over; people will stop queueing and games will dry up.

Hopefully you don't remember, but there were memes on the server about a year and a half ago before crossrealm where if you were actually able to queue 3s and get a decent rating (1.6 or so), it was virtually wintrading because of how few people actually played. I'm glad to report Lordareon now how multiple 2k+ 3s, 2s, and soloq teams/players, more than since Ulduar season.

https://imgur.com/CySA2Xt

https://imgur.com/LWVPGS4

https://imgur.com/x8RZS0w

Six Lordareon players in my first BG of the night. i GuEsS pVp IsNt DeAd hUrRrrRrRRrrrrrrr. Second game of the night 8 Lordareon players! Third game NINE Lordareon players! Fourth game 6 Lordareon players! B-b-b-b-but I did a /who and there was nobody in BGs! PVP IS DEAD! STOP! IT CANT NOT BE DEAD THEN OUR ENTIRE WHINING COMPLAINTS ARE INVALID! STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
    Edited: June 26, 2020

13. "People aren't queued at the very specific time I am /who'ing therefore PvP is dead!"

Six Lordareon players in my first BG of the night. i GuEsS pVp IsNt DeAd hUrRrrRrRRrrrrrrr. Second game of the night 8 Lordareon players! Third game NINE Lordareon players! Fourth game 6 Lordareon players! B-b-b-b-but I did a /who and there was nobody in BGs! PVP IS DEAD! STOP! IT CANT NOT BE DEAD THEN OUR ENTIRE WHINING COMPLAINTS ARE INVALID! STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
    Lmao, I never said no one goes to the BG's, just that the number of people playing compared to the population is minimal. Like someone said, if you do /who and check for BG's, there's maybe 50-100 people from Lord queued in to all the active BG's, and it's most active during NA times. For a pop of ~10-12k at peak times that number is 1-3% of the online population.

Also not sure why you would censor the names of the players, other than it's probably the same people in every BG with 1-3 new additions lol.

But sure, it's a "thriving" Lordaeron PvP scene with a nice PvP community that do BG's on the regular because they're having so much fun with the fast queues.

14. I mean, if you look at his post history, you can see something is seriously wrong with him.

Not sure what his agenda but hes really into cross-realm for some reason.

15. Because it was a feature that took plenty of resources to create and implement and it's has an overwhelmingly positive effect for all of the realms.

Yeah, specially for the donor-focused ones. More fodder to kill.

Wow you guys are geniuses! I wonder why they don't let a 219 meta queue into a 284 meta? I wonder if there's some disparity with the gear that's available on Frostmourne and all of the other WotLK realms? Nah, it must be because they want Lordareon players to go die in a ditch cause they give them literally zero dollars, because Lordareon players exclusively play on Lordareon and Blackrock/Icecrown players play exclusively on their respective realms.

What the hell does the leveling rate have to do with PvP?
    It's not the leveling at fault, it's how easy it is to get to the top-notch gear. LoD is sorta pugged everywhere (well, BR has its unique method to get them, but in practice it makes it even easier) but Lord. And, in the case of the Frostmourne realm, it's not about being apart from the rest (it should) but rather how it has been implemented (i.e. killing lower bg bracket for everyone else).

Crossrealm was implemented first and foremost to give all the realms faster, more consistent queues over the entire day. If I had to guess as to why they didn't implement it earlier, Lordareon being behind on content relative to IC/BR would probably be a big factor. WG is barely PvP mate, cmon. It's chaotic vehicle PvE simulator, especially with the changes to the tenacity stacks they implemented like 8 months ago.
    IoC should be included in the mix then, no? Or even SotA or AV (with everyone rushing the bosses like mad). You're noone to say whether something is PvP or not.
    And, then, again: who gets the benefit of xrealm? (hint: it's not Lord, queue times may be lower but ensure you'll be eaten alive) Implementing it sooner or not doesn't change a thing.

Significantly more than 5 people on Lorda queue BGs, even more are queueing arena now and pushing high in 2k in both 2s and 3s. People do world PvP and WG because they want to; the Lorda PvP scene is thriving. Premades are far and few between. [...]
    "More than 5 people". So much people in a kinda populated realm. I guess they might even change from game to game, no?
    Well, most of the PvPers have already left Lord. It's pointless to point out a "thriving scene" when it's almost dead. And it's dead for a bunch of reasons, one of them being xrealm.

I mean, if you look at his post history, you can see something is seriously wrong with him.

Not sure what his agenda but hes really into cross-realm for some reason.
    He's like Stepkid: one who gets free fodder from xrealm, and we're trying to remove him his free kills.

First ... 61415161718 ... Last