1. I just wrote why they didnt just ban pvp multiboxing as that is the reason for all this thats happened...
    They want to keep everyone happy. And you didn't write just that. You claimed that somehow PvE multiboxers were crippled because of this change when in reality you're still fine going to raids and boxing more than 5.
    Edited: April 6, 2021

2. Im well aware of that Thorbjorn, I just wrote why they didnt just ban pvp multiboxing as that is the reason for all this thats happened...
    Did you misunderstand the line I'll be quoting or are you being purposefully disingenuous? That wasn't just about PvP.

"And unfortunately, this also means that the bots are also making use of this playstyle, trying to accumulate more illegal game wealth in order to sell it later to the same players that they damage."

3. Did you misunderstand the line I'll be quoting or are you being purposefully disingenuous? That wasn't just about PvP.

"And unfortunately, this also means that the bots are also making use of this playstyle, trying to accumulate more illegal game wealth in order to sell it later to the same players that they damage."
    Well if you took the time to read my post before that one, I stated what I meant but maybe its easier to just pick a line out of context?

4. They want to keep everyone happy. And you didn't write just that. You claimed that somehow PvE multiboxers were crippled because of this change when in reality you're still fine going to raids and boxing more than 5.
    I would say that one is crippled when not able to move as a unit from A to B, maybe thats just me, not understanding the word crippled. Doing dailies as unit of 10 instead of 5, faster to be done with them to earn maybe seals at Tournament, but again I might not understand the word crippled?. Getting fatigue when fx you are in VOA and WG is about to start and you get transported out of it and you stand there with 10 and you get fatigue and warning in chat that you are in violation of rules, is that not cripling your experience?

5. Well if you took the time to read my post before that one, I stated what I meant but maybe its easier to just pick a line out of context?
    The post before? Sure, let's read it. The whole thing, so the """context""" is all there.

Hello, I don't understand why you didnt just allow pve multiboxing only, no pvp whatsoever (maybe only if jumped, then allowed to defend oneself). It seems to what I have read that its because of pvp this new enforcement is in place, right? Makes sense to me atleast that in pvp the multiboxer has advantage but in pve we are certainly in a disadvantage.. So ban pvp multiboxing and let pve multiboxer continue as has been done so far?
    Hope it goes well for the community I have certainly been enjoying myself on the server.
    Hope i wont get too much hate from pvp-multiboxers but think people over time should be able to see pvp multiboxing has no place on Warmane imo.
    Funny, it looks to me like you're saying that this is because of PvP only, again. Did I miss some invisible ink context?
    Or did you not read what you posted yourself to miss that you're just saying the same thing twice, once in this post, another in the one missing the """context"""?

6. The post before? Sure, let's read it. The whole thing, so the """context""" is all there.

Funny, it looks to me like you're saying that this is because of PvP only, again. Did I miss some invisible ink context?
    Or did you not read what you posted yourself to miss that you're just saying the same thing twice, once in this post, another in the one missing the """context"""?
    Ok im gonna try again last time when reading very first post i for sure get the impression that its pvp that are the main reason for this reaction from warmane staff, and the reason that I wrote as I did.

"""""Previously, we have limited the multiboxing feature to 25 players. Now that we've observed how players fare with this limitation, and now we know what further limitations can be done, in order to ensure fairness. We understand that multiboxing is a legitimate playstyle but as we're moving into the future, like we've previously mentioned in the last thread, the hardware required to run large multiboxing teams is becoming more and more common. Gaming laptops of the last two years can run raid multiboxing teams and we've also seen an increase of multiboxing with the increase of power of computing, which is a natural correlation.

We also understand that it takes skill to be a multiboxer. Just setting up multiple programs and macros and making your set-up run normally requires a lot more than what a normal player does. We also understand that it is not easy to be a multiboxer, with both limitations of the battlegrounds that they have at their disposal and of course with the increased negativity of the community as of late. We know this, however, we also know that most multiboxing players generally have no issues when they're playing as most average players either have no strategies to combat them or are simply unable to fight at all.

Kind regards,
    Warmane""""

So Obnoxious, is it not mainly because of negativity from community regarding BG's WG and such pvp related terms?

7. So Obnoxious, is it not mainly because of negativity from community regarding BG's WG and such pvp related terms?
    We're going from "it's because of pvp" and "the reason" to just "mainly" now? For someone who talks about context you conveniently forgot the third paragraph of that post as well.

And no, as was said in a post in the very first page of this thread:

Limiting multiboxing has nothing to do with premades.

The same PvP community that's riddled with complaints about losing is the only factor of commonality. And we did not limit multiboxing, neither the first time, nor this time, due to complaints.

8. Well looking through this thread I see only posts regarding pvp are the problem. You stating bots are now multiboxing to farm more efficient and thereby ruining the economy, I havent encnountered so far on the server only single char bots,
    If you mean by bots a 25man multiboxer doing dailies at Tournament grounds with 25 standing same spot throwing spears at a target, and complete a daily that way, then ban that?.

So again back to original statement, - I think it was a bad call to put it all in one basket, I understand the reasoning for it but dont think it was wise. So to be clear, reading the first 7 pages of this thread certainly (to me atleast) gives impression that it is indeed pvp that are where the problem is.

If you decide to respond I will read it, I will not be responding to it, Have a nice day warmane multiboxing community.

9. I would just like to see some path to get back the money I have put into my second team of 5.

10. It's unbelievable the amount of crying for not being able to 25-1 another player anymore. Truly disgusting.

I truly hope that the next step is 1, for both pvp and pve.

11. I would say that one is crippled when not able to move as a unit from A to B, maybe thats just me, not understanding the word crippled. Doing dailies as unit of 10 instead of 5, faster to be done with them to earn maybe seals at Tournament, but again I might not understand the word crippled?. Getting fatigue when fx you are in VOA and WG is about to start and you get transported out of it and you stand there with 10 and you get fatigue and warning in chat that you are in violation of rules, is that not cripling your experience?
    I wouldn't say crippled as I would say..... somewhat slightly inconvenienced? Considering the way the change was implemented, the ONLY drawback for getting to a raid as a 10, 15, 20, 25, 40 multiboxer is having to fly your toons there 5 at a time while logging them as such. Doing dailies as an unit of 10 instead of as the maximum allowed unit of five means amassing gold 5 times as fast as the ordinary player. I will use your AT for an example, although you only mentioned the seals from it as if you actually genuinely care about those.

An AT daily gives you 47 gold together with a seal, + 4 of quests that give you a purse of 30 gold extra. On some days, you have "Get Kraken!" with comes with the Kraken's Tooth for an additional 47 gold. That is, in total, 9 (+1) quests for 47 gold, totaling 423 (470 gold) without opening the purses and 543 (590) with opening them. That is the amount of gold an ordinary player can amass per day from doing dailies at AT alone, which is fair if you play casually and whatnot. The effort it takes to play a multiboxer is effectively the same it takes to play an ordinary character, post the set-up phase in a uncontested scenario where they are not engaged with PVP. Therefore, for the effort it takes a multiboxer to amass 5900 gold with 10 bodies, or 2950 with 5 bodies, an ordinary person can just achieve 10% (for 10) or 20% (for 5) of that. 2950 is a lot for what effectively takes 15 minutes worth of playtime as is, but lets say that 25 boxers were still allowed. Then that gets boosted to 14, 750g. Of course, this cannot happen on the daily as some quests simply cannot be completed in a raid and whatnot, but even once a week, that much gold is absolultely unreasonable. And of course the touRnAMent sEa l S.. How can we even forget about those...

As for getting booted out from VOA when WG is abou to start... That's just a symbol of a bad player who doesn't know when to enter VoA. Like those people spamming trade chat with LFM with 10 minutes on the VOA clock. It's a recipe for disaster unless you learn to play and organize your time.

12. Hi @Proterean, Thank you for your detailed reply and giving me the high level idea about the boundary of Bad Multiboxing and Healthy Multiboxing.

Yesterday I was questing my 5 char team in one map, and I find out that the unique quest mobs are dead. So I created another 5 new char and start questing without logging out the old 5 char. I immediately realize that this could be in-valid.

I don't want to poke the boundary, my personal rule is, never initiate PvP activity if I am multiboxing but other's are not because it is unfair. No matter how many char I use. (WG is an exception)

>>>MY QUESTION IS<<<

> is it valid to multibox two 5-man group in different area for archivement or questing and both be passive without doing any PvP activity? 10+ is definitely a burden for Server, I won't do that. But if it is allowed, this would be very nice seemless gaming experience to enjoy the awesome WOW content.

Expecting to hear your advise.

One small tip for other MB:

IT IS INVALID if you: multibox 5 in one map doing pvp, and multibox 5 in another map doing pvp. For example one group in Stranglethorn Vale, one group in Hellfire island. Because it is abusing the rule and ruining other people's gaming experience. It is confirmed from in-game GM.

13. I've a question That many multiboxers wondering. Does warmane see in the distant future a change in the limit of multboxing?

14. Doubt it until people start behaving. I can say things have moved for the better in general since this restriction was introduced. I've seen many new 5 man groups and i totally am fine with that. Haven't really had a chance to join a wintergasp still, but guildies sound confident its a better overall experience.

As a part of the same community as you i feel your pain being restricted on stuff (no one really likes that), but sadly its in all of us, the urge to abuse something just because we can.

15. it would be fun if 5s ranked can become a MBX rated arena bracket, since no one rly playes it anymore(there are 12 teams atm), and since new limit is 5, it can give mbx something to look for, some compedative PVP experience

frendly MBX

First ... 71516171819 Last