1. Yes Warmane can make the changes it wants to itself, and it doesn't need to ask permission from its players before doing things, that is correct.

However that doesn't change the fact that, without the players, the server is pointless.

The players are people. People do not like to be restricted, with various unnecessary things, things which they did not ask for.

You are offering a service, and it is a very good service, a very enjoyable service. But if you keep altering it in annoying ways, people will simply choose to do something else with their time, since they are not masochists.

You aren't the only service on the planet. Be respectful towards your players, and offer them options. By enforcing things onto them, you are alienating them and making them think that what they say/do/think does not matter to you at all, which in turn makes them consider, and perhaps going ahead with the idea of spending their time elsewhere.

2. Great. Now that you've came up with this genius idea it's about time to fix the feature allowing users to change their account's email. I've lost access to the current email, and the server doesn't accept any valid gmail I provide as valid, even if I'm loged into said email when I paste it here on the website.

3. Yes Warmane can make the changes it wants to itself, and it doesn't need to ask permission from its players before doing things, that is correct.

However that doesn't change the fact that, without the players, the server is pointless.

The players are people. People do not like to be restricted, with various unnecessary things, things which they did not ask for.

You are offering a service, and it is a very good service, a very enjoyable service. But if you keep altering it in annoying ways, people will simply choose to do something else with their time, since they are not masochists.

You aren't the only service on the planet. Be respectful towards your players, and offer them options. By enforcing things onto them, you are alienating them and making them think that what they say/do/think does not matter to you at all, which in turn makes them consider, and perhaps going ahead with the idea of spending their time elsewhere.
    so u're saying there are more people on the entire server disagree with more security and okay with higher risk of getting hacked cz they're too lazy?

4. Great. Now that you've came up with this genius idea it's about time to fix the feature allowing users to change their account's email. I've lost access to the current email, and the server doesn't accept any valid gmail I provide as valid, even if I'm loged into said email when I paste it here on the website.
    email changing is already featured bro.

5. Great. Now that you've came up with this genius idea it's about time to fix the feature allowing users to change their account's email. I've lost access to the current email, and the server doesn't accept any valid gmail I provide as valid, even if I'm loged into said email when I paste it here on the website.
    I do hope critiques like this are being taken seriously. How Warmane checks for a "valid" email address being stricter than Gmail itself means that people sometimes have to create secondary accounts they only use here (and forget/get deleted for inactivity by Google). Or how Warmane allows multiple accounts per player and multiboxing, but requires a completely new Gmail account (and doesn't let people use Google's system of using "." and "+" to create faux secondary addresses).

6. Great. Now that you've came up with this genius idea it's about time to fix the feature allowing users to change their account's email. I've lost access to the current email, and the server doesn't accept any valid gmail I provide as valid, even if I'm loged into said email when I paste it here on the website.
    my bad, i read that wrong.
    weird, i changed my email recently no problem tho

7. Yes Warmane can make the changes it wants to itself, and it doesn't need to ask permission from its players before doing things, that is correct.

Again, this is about the security of our services, something that goes way beyond you being annoyed at the idea of having all the work involved in copying and pasting a code. The security of our services isn't going to be chalked up as optional, and it's rather absurd to even suggest that.

8. so u're saying there are more people on the entire server disagree with more security and okay with higher risk of getting hacked cz they're too lazy?
    What I'm saying is there MAY BE more people that want to get into the game as quickly as possible, than people who want to do x and y and z activities before being allowed to simply get into the game so they can get to playing the game.

But I'm not even saying that, I'm simply saying to give people a choice, if they want it, ok, if they don't want it, also ok, don't force things, that's all I'm saying my friend.

9. What I'm saying is there MAY BE more people that want to get into the game as quickly as possible, than people who want to do x and y and z activities before being allowed to simply get into the game so they can get to playing the game.

But I'm not even saying that, I'm simply saying to give people a choice, if they want it, ok, if they don't want it, also ok, don't force things, that's all I'm saying my friend.
    The "added security" isn't about the annoyance it causes you. It's about the harm it causes to the rest of the server when your "I don't care to have extra security" account gets hacked/stolen and used by Bots and Gold Sellers. No one cares that you don't like to lock your doors and have your crap stolen. They care that your stolen crap then gets resold and harms the server.

10. I just love the fact how all of you clowns that are trash talking the industry standard, when it comes to security measures, are the first one to start ****ing on Warmane when you get your account compromised or complain on any minor inconvenience such as maintenance downtime, or server reset. But will also complain about any attempt by Warmane to improve their standards and bring the servers and YOUR security to a new level and make this not be a thrird world country high school project.

Before you let your lazy *** type bibles here on forum (which btw, took you more time than logging into the game in the next year would) without thinking about it first. Reconsider everyting involved and not just you being too lazy to log into the game. There isnt a single multiplayer platform out there which doesnt use e-mail address as its main security point. Username + PW for full account accesses is a horrible practice none of you clowns should be supporting.

Finally, you cant really influence Warmane's decision about improving their security for players that have more than 2 braincells. All in all this is a positive change you should be supporting and not just ****ing on any change you get your hands on. I know it's warmane playerbase mentality to **** on any out of the box idea or change anyone proposes but next time before you take a gulp of laxatives before going ham on a forum post, turn your brain on first and spend 2 minutes thinking about it.

Big W warmane.

11. What I'm saying is there MAY BE more people that want to get into the game as quickly as possible, than people who want to do x and y and z activities before being allowed to simply get into the game so they can get to playing the game.

let me rephrase my question, are u saying that on the entire server there are more people would disagree with the idea of typing 6 digits code for more security?

i would agree with u if the feature requires players to print driving license to log in.

12. Again, this is about the security of our services, something that goes way beyond you being annoyed at the idea of having all the work involved in copying and pasting a code. The security of our services isn't going to be chalked up as optional, and it's rather absurd to even suggest that.
    That is a sensible view point, Obnoxious, and it would be wonderful if things were that simple. However, as was previously stated in various posts from this topic, if this course of action is maintained, lots of people will lose access to their accounts, because of not having access to their emails.
    And it is indeed THEIR accounts, that they are losing, via this change that Warmane wants to happen.
    The change that is supposed to prevent accounts from being lost, is going to cause accounts to be lost. That seems like a pretty big problem if you ask me.

Yes, like you've said before, this will be due to the error of the users and such, that is true ... but this would not be an issue whatsoever if this change was simply optional, and not enforced.
    There would be a guaranteed 0% drop in the server player population if it is simply an optional change, and there MAY BE a population drop if it is enforced.
    That is what concerns me. I just want the server to continue to do fine.

13. if this course of action is maintained, lots of people will lose access to their accounts, because of not having access to their emails.
    This is in the first post of this thread, as it was originally posted yesterday, without any later addition, for any and all to read:

Frequently Asked Questions

(...)

I have lost or forgotten my email and cannot access my account
    Spoiler: Show
    Simply email us directly for assistance - [email protected]

It's helpful if you include anything you recall surrounding the account to assist us in verifying your ownership in a timely fashion. Such information includes but is not limited to:

- Account or Forum username (not passwords).
    - Current email or a guess if you have forgotten
    - Character information
    - General account history. For example, "I claimed the holiday gift on my Paladin back in 2018, maybe 2019?"
    - Country where you connected or registered from

You may also include a new email address that you would like your account to be updated to. If we have enough information, we'll be able to update your account immediately without the need for further verification.

14. I will also note that most IT security measures are about making sure unauthorized persons WON'T gain access to your accounts...not that YOU will MAINTAIN access to your account. The latter is preferable, of course, but security wise...it's better no one has access than an hacker gains access.

First ... 5678917 ... Last