1. Have there been any thought about the leveling exp gain to be set at 1x? We will not get the "full Vanilla experience" if the exp gain be more than 1x, also it would be better in the long term since the content doesnt need to be rushed and that this server will last more than +2 years
    If that's what you consider important, you have the option to set your rates to 1x and spend your time leveling. This is a progressive server, meant to progress in a timely manner through the content...it's not meant to take months for everyone to level to start progressing through the raid tiers. Warmane has a long history, and history has taught them that low rate servers have lower populations than their higher rate counterparts, and lower rate servers fizzle out while high-rate servers maintain and grow. I don't think there's a chance in hell they're going to force everyone to play at 1x...outside MAYBE doing it for a "realm-firsts" race of the zerg-lords who think pserver achievements mean anything.

2. Lez you nailed it with a lot of your points.

I believe something like hardcore *could* improve the overall playerbase. Anyone *could* make a hardcore character and play. Anyone *can* queue for 3v3 solo, or random bgs cross-faction. 3v3 you can opt out of (alongside transmog); as far as I know, you can't opt out of cross-faction bgs. You can simply opt out of hardcore by not making a hardcore character.

Splitting playerbase is, I think, a bit of a splitting hairs situation (hehe). Pvp splits the playerbase ( as seen in this thread ), faction choice splits the playerbase, toxicity splits it, you could go on. Anything could split the playerbase. But that shouldn't be a reason why we don't discuss new / different things anyway.

Hardcore did get big lately. I've been playing hardcore games for a long time, so to myself, its not a fad - its a style of playing. But I understand your point here.

Thinking about it, Lordaeron has little to no real way of actually "making money" besides the trade system. It still has more of a business calling then Hardcore would, but, I'm not a business owner and although there might seem like there isn't, the reality is, is that there's probably some kind of way to monetize / support a hardcore server or option. But that ain't for us to decide I think :)

~ Lag

3. streamable value aside, what hc people actually want is to get rewarded with some kind of official form of fancy titles or achievements by warmane to make them feel special.

if the reason were purely playstyle preference or personal challenge where the characters deleted for dying, they could've just do that themselves anyway, nobody against that idea. the delete button is right there.

idk why is this even worth a debate for onyxia.

4. Debating goes both ways. Not going to happen. Not a debate.

5. I would be very happy to have a general rate with leveling up a profession and the opportunity to get an achievement for leveling up to x1 up to lvl 60 without dying
    "I would be very happy to have a general rate with leveling up a profession" More important to me than the second part of my post

6. Can't wait for the new realm to come out 2025 is gonna be great! :D

7. x5 is too much for classics, this is the first version of warcraft, where the most important part is pumping, the best option is x2-x3

8. x5 is too much for classics, this is the first version of warcraft, where the most important part is pumping, the best option is x2-x3
    So you should be Happy. "Your best" Is available and you can set It Just right click on the exp bar. Whatta lucky man.

9. if the reduce the rates, there will be less people, also I wont play. I dont have 160 hours to level up 1 char. So shut up and go retail or just change your rate to 1x.

I am sure that the 80% of the commenters here never played vanilla.

10. "what hc people actually want is to get rewarded with some kind of official form of fancy titles or achievements by warmane to make them feel special."

Not true.

Even if it was true, I could say the same for literally any system added into WoW, ever (and that doesn't make it true).
    Transmog: "People **only** want transmog so they can feel special about themselves. Looking like everyone else doesn't make me feel special. I earned all this T3 from character trading and want to show it off"
    Raiding: "I only raid for loot", "Why did you give the hunter DBW I WANTED DBW I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IT", "OH Ashes of Alar dropped aaaand it got ninja looted, great" (Have you ever raided on this server???? The entire playerbase is swarming with people who simply want rewards over relationships).

Sure, SOME people will only play hardcore for rewards, SOME people will transmog because they have a "look at me" attitude (their reward is attention), and SOME people will ninja loot items in-raid because they feel entitled to it, or only raid because they want the entitlement-focused rewards of raiding (loot / acheivments / titles / status for the sake of standing out from others)

But it's not true, and that's okay too!

"if the reason were purely playstyle preference or personal challenge where the characters deleted for dying, they could've just do that themselves anyway, nobody against that idea. the delete button is right there."

This is true, people *could* just delete their characters. But, if you have ever played hardcore in this manner, you would know that most people simply start using that character as a "non-hardcore" character from that point onwards. Which is fine. They know, going in, that their character won't actually be deleted when (not if) they die, and very few people will actually delete it (their perspective on playing hardcore is determined by the game, not by their self discipline). So while you are correct about this, I think the point I and others were eluding to is: having true fear of death, one life, no choice about it playstyle. And this could just be a preference thing. But in my years gaming, I've seen the former to be true. Most people will just keep playing their "dead" characters as non-hardcore characters when (not if) they die.

"idk why is this even worth a debate for onyxia."

Well it's good to air things out :). People seem to be really upset that there are opinions other than the norm of the communities "toggle the exp rate yourself / flag yourself for pvp if you want to pvp / delete yourself if you die" attitude. Believe it or not, authority in life is good. A game telling you: "your character is dead, you cannot play it again" is far superior (incomparably so) than: "your character is dead, you can rez and move on, but you said you would delete it so you should log off and delete your character because you get the choice in everything that you do. If you don't delete it, thats OK and you spoil the fun for everyone else, and if you do, thats OK too because I can't make you do anything"
    I don't believe it's a debate, just a talk. But maybe that's just me.

~ Lag

11. release? and dont want to hear 2024 or 2025..xD

12. "what hc people actually want is to get rewarded with some kind of official form of fancy titles or achievements by warmane to make them feel special."

Not true.

Even if it was true, I could say the same for literally any system added into WoW, ever (and that doesn't make it true).
    quite literally the premise of what started this whole conversation relating hardcore.

and yes you can say that for every system added into WoW. but thats how the game was created. certain things give you rewards and certain things don't.
    circling back to custom content here.

"if the reason were purely playstyle preference or personal challenge where the characters deleted for dying, they could've just do that themselves anyway, nobody against that idea. the delete button is right there."

This is true, people *could* just delete their characters. But, if you have ever played hardcore in this manner, you would know that most people simply start using that character as a "non-hardcore" character from that point onwards. Which is fine....
    ok so you want rewards .. ?

"idk why is this even worth a debate for onyxia."

Well it's good to air things out :). People seem to be really upset that there are opinions other than the norm of the communities
    no its just tiring seeing the same "opinions" being argued as suggestions and essentially forced upon warmane devs
    this isn't an "air things out" or a debate or even a conversation. this is just you repeating the same 3 things trying to convince everyone it would be good for the server. when it very clearly will only be good for the ±5% of players who would want this. who also, again, for the 1837th time. can just delete upon death. and if they keep playing it as a non-hardcore character, clearly they didn't want it as badly as they made it out to be in this thread ? so then what was the point?

if you want this so badly, go play retail hardcore ?

x5 is too much for classics, this is the first version of warcraft, where the most important part is pumping, the best option is x2-x3
    ok so what about when we eventually go into TBC? we stay at x2-x3 or move up to x4 or even x5?

and then what about when we go to ICC ? we go back to x1 or we go even further to x7? maybe even x15 ?

this is a PROGRESSION server and should be treated as such. where do people get the idea that this is a classic server?

release? and dont want to hear 2024 or 2025..xD
    not even the server owner or his mods know.
    Keep checking this site>> https://www.warmane.com/ - the latest update was September 15th, but i am 1OO% sure that once they have announced the release date. they will announce it there.

13. With my post i wanted to talk about the release of the Onyxia realm not the current beta one, but that aside warmane has to make money somehow and giving us the real "Vanilla experience" isnt going to do them any good money wise, they did say theyre going to monetize the trading/marker from the website just like the current Icecrown realm and that people who are eager to get gear can get it with real money

14. With my post i wanted to talk about the release of the Onyxia realm not the current beta one, but that aside warmane has to make money somehow and giving us the real "Vanilla experience" isnt going to do them any good money wise, they did say theyre going to monetize the trading/marker from the website just like the current Icecrown realm and that people who are eager to get gear can get it with real money
    1. I don't think Warmane's plan ever was "real Vanilla experience" to begin with. Point and case: 3.3.5 client; high rates; RDF; marketplace; trade.
    2. Marketplace will be more akin to Frostmourne.
    3. As to your previous post, adjustable rates are happening. You can happily level x1 while other have fun with their rates.

First ... 4292132140141142143144 ... Last