1. How to disable annoying sounds?

Hello guys, I tried disabling annoying sounds like the stupid golbin weather item, it's immensely annoying when it's on lightning storm.

Short rant -- It absolutely beats me to my bone why any actual normal human being would use that.

Anyway --- Rant over.

I followed guides on how to disable it, I have an MPQ editor and I found & renamed the .mpq sound wave files, however I can still hear them ingame. What have I done wrong? Should I completely delete them, or what's the play here?

Thank you!

Cheers for helping me get rid of this sheer annoyance. May the Warmane Gods bless you.

2. Bruh did u even read what I wrote? :)

>>>> I renamed the files and the sounds are still enabled in-game. I'm asking for a simpler pointer to where I went wrong.

3. Nice. I still don't know how to remove the annoying sounds and it's driving me nuts. Any good samaritan give a brother a hand ?

4. Specifically looking to disable "Personalized weather" storm sound & Chopper mount. Personalized weather is BEYOND annoying. It's beyond me why anyone would use that item anyway..

5. I just edit the sound files with Audacity to lower the volume or mute it completely and then I simply put them into World of Warcraft 3.3.5a/Data/Sound. The folder structure in "Sound" must be the same as in the MPQ so for example to replace the atrocious hunter gun sounds you change the files and put them into World of Warcraft 3.3.5a/Data/Sound/Item/Weapons/Gun folder and so on.

6. Thanks this is insightful. Can you walk me through it? Where exactly in the MPQ files. I've tried creating empty .wav files in a newly created /sound folder directory but instead of removing the sound it bugged the item. So if someone has personalized weather on, I see a blue&white checkered square between their feet on the ground (underneath the character). I reasoned I must have messed with the visual instead of the sound. I also used an MPQ editor to delete them in the MPQ files. Where did i go wrong? What's the step-by-step for this ?

7. You go to the Data folder, then inside create a folder called Sound, then inside create a folder called Spells, then inside you create four empty files called

Goblin_Weather_Machine_Cloudy.wav
    Goblin_Weather_Machine_Lightning.wav
    Goblin_Weather_Machine_Rain.wav
    Goblin_Wheather_Machine_Sunny.wav

You should not have modified mpq files, you may have to redownload what you modified.