1. The USA has some of the most lax gun laws in the modern world, and has the highest gun ownership rate of any country in the world. Americans are pretty attached to their guns - for dumb reasons most of the time... (e.g. gotta fight off the evil gob'ment - hell my neighbor thought there would be shooting when Obama was elected in '08). Every cop has a gun but their training is very underwhelming. I wish it were more like England, where cops don't even routinely carry guns; or Japan, where the process to get a gun is extensive and they have yearly checkups to make sure the owner is still in condition to own a firearm.

2. I had to double check the thread name because I though I clicked on the North Korea one again.

God damn it.

3. I had to double check the thread name because I though I clicked on the North Korea one again.

God damn it.
    My reaction was exactly the same.

4. gotta fight off the evil gob'ment
    I expected more from you.

FieryRedHair
    Because the state of America versus the World has been discussed over and over and I have expressed my opinions and, hopefully, taught some valuable information, I will just state my opinion on Society-created monsters and capital punishment.

This is a central theme in Les Mis?®rables by Victor Hugo. No one is born a murderer, a criminal ~ they are all created by society. Media really became the top social influence in the 20th century and beyond. It dictated how people dressed, talked, socialized. We all have innate tempers; society, or simply our surrounding, also shapes our behavior by exacerbating or inhibiting these tempers and adding several values.
    ~
    Judging by the articles revolving this particular case, the case of Judith Barsi and her father, I am willing to accuse him of ~taking the easy way out~. What does that mean is that he was a coward in life and, after murdering his daughter and wife, instead of facing a just punishment, he committed suicide in order to escape the shame and trial that would undoubtedly follow.
    ~
    And more into the subject, I do not agree with the capital punishment. It denies the offender forgiveness and the chance to atone for his/her crimes and that, if we regard life as sacred, what are we saying if we give ourselves the legal right to end life? There's also the fact that any process involving humans is vulnerable to corruption and has, relatively, an infinitude of possibilities and conclusions. There's always the chance that innocent people may be executed, and one innocent person executed is one too many.
    ~
    The death penalty is so final.

6. Yes, and murder is never justified. And capital punishment is just that. In fact, I do not believe in most forms of "punishment". To punish someone else means that you have judged them. To judge someone means that you think that you are better than them in some way, and you are free from errors and mistakes. All of which is simply not true, nor fair. We're all Human. We all make mistakes. Nobody is inherently evil, the capacity for both exists in every person.

Mahati
    Yes, and murder is never justified. And capital punishment is just that. In fact, I do not believe in most forms of "punishment". To punish someone else means that you have judged them. To judge someone means that you think that you are better than them in some way, and you are free from errors and mistakes. All of which is simply not true, nor fair. We're all Human. We all make mistakes. Nobody is inherently evil, the capacity for both exists in every person.
    You've obviously never experienced murder first hand, or a robbery, or even a street fight. You're too soft, living in a perfect world in which BIG problems are simple, day to day things in another man's life...... you'd change your opinion in a heartbeat if you were to see the things I've seen.

ByOdinsBeard
    "Who are you to judge rapists? They shouldn't be punished and neither should anyone else!"

~ Grace

9. I expected more from you.
    I merely expressed a real concern many Americans have, while simultaneously imitating their rhetoric to show I think it is silly. I imagine you are distressed because you just expressed the same American concern, but I know that you know it wasn't directed at you, and that I wouldn't censor myself just because it might highlight one flaw in an individual whom I regard as otherwise nearly flawless.

10. You've obviously never experienced murder first hand, or a robbery, or even a street fight. You're too soft, living in a perfect world in which BIG problems are simple, day to day things in another man's life...... you'd change your opinion in a heartbeat if you were to see the things I've seen.
    Pro tip, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk at all. That way you don't remove all suspicious about being a fool.
    How ironic.

Anyway, care to tell me how I would benefit from hate or vengeance?

I merely expressed a real concern many Americans have, while simultaneously imitating their rhetoric to show I think it is silly. I imagine you are distressed because you just expressed the same American concern, but I know that you know it wasn't directed at you, and that I wouldn't censor myself just because it might highlight one flaw in an individual whom I regard as otherwise nearly flawless.
    Is it silly? Is it?

11. The only problem with gun control in modern day 'murica is that we may need them in the future to bring change to the government. That and protection against invasion were the only reasons for it to initially exist as a freedom, and the latter ceases to exist in today's society. So... yeah. It leaves us between a rock and a hard place, I think.
    That's what you city folk think about guns, when i think of a gun i think of using it to get rid of:

(Wolf's are rare where i live, and can only be shot IF in the process of harrassing animals. Not before, not after, only during. Same applies for bears and mountain lions, but rules are lax compared to a wolf.)

Guns we have:

And then a wimpy .22 (Keep in mind, a 22 is the most dangerous fire arm since the bullet will travel ~1 mile and still have the capacity to kill. the 30-30 has an effective range of 200 yard, and most guns don't come close to what a .22 can do.) and a .410 shotgun, another wimpy gun and it was my dads since he was a kid.

Mahati
    Not at all actually. Because you can't possibly, there is no way in the world, you would say that we have no right to judge a murderer if you were to actually see a murder with your own eyes. Tell me it's not true -.-

13. No explanation at all? I guess the US Government is pretty cool and alright then.

Right?

That's what you city folk think about guns, when i think of a gun i think of using it to get rid of:
    You city folk? Me? City? I'm not sure if I should laugh or facepalm, Link. Having a gun for survival is one thing. Having a gun just because is another. I was speaking of the latter.

Not at all actually. Because you can't possibly, there is no way in the world, you would say that we have no right to judge a murderer if you were to actually see a murder with your own eyes. Tell me it's not true -.-
    Hate does nothing for a state of depression. It is one thing to witness it. It is another to be the victim. Don't tell me you gain the right to judge someone because you witness it.

14. No explanation at all? I guess the US Government is pretty cool and alright then.
    Well... yeah.

First ... 9101112132161111 ... Last