1. May 7, 2015  
    The problem with merging the servers would be the names, for example my ingame name in Sargeras is Dreamy, on Frostwolf its already taken so if you ever thought of merging the servers then be sure to make a name reset.
    You didn't even read my post right before yours giving an easy way around this. In my example you'd log in and see that your name was automatically changed to Dreamy1 and you'd notice on your account 1 free name change. If you want to keep Dreamy1 you are fine, else you are also fine because you get a free name change of your choice. There are pleanty of good names.

2. May 7, 2015  
    Do you think merging realms will really solve anything? It has happened in the past and is prone to keep happening. Every time it happened people would post "realm X is dying, please merge etc". It is temporary. Now if we merge and get the realm full, I will wait for you to say that we only want people donating to skip queue instead of opening a new realm.
    It is easier to refill a realm with low population than opening another.
    I have no problem with people who have never donated have to wait in queue like it is now. In general it may be more easier to refill a realm than opening another, but think about how Sargeras became MoP. Sargeras is a Cata realm, then post Moltdown it is forced into being MoP. Pre-moltdown sargeras was full, and now players who chose to return to Sargeras are forced into no population server.

If it is so easy to fill a realm with low population then I assume you have a plan that hasn't been put into effect yet, because as easy as it sounds, more and more are quitting every day so its moving the wrong direction.

Sargeras players are just concerned. Yes, most are tired of waiting, but those of us who bother to post and comment and suggest solutions haven't given up yet and are worried that its almost too late now.

3. May 7, 2015  
    I dont want to wait in que even if there is 200ppl ingame. so que is hell no option for me

4. May 8, 2015  
    Merging realms is a terrible idea because of the chaos that will result involving character names.

On top of that, you have to deal with the logistics of merging two realms, and all the bugs that will inevitably come from this as well (achievements, mounts, pets etc.).

Finally, in the future we will have a significantly over populated realm, which will crash a lot, lag like no tomorrow, and will have enormous queues.

Is it not possible to close character creation on Frostwolf, increase rates on Sargeras, and maybe even compensate those that transfer from FW to Sarg (maybe give a mount that is medium-hard to get in game, and is also available)? I know its harsh to close character creation on a realm, specially for those that want to make an alt, but desperate times do call for desperate measures...

5. May 8, 2015  

Consolidate MoP

There is only one viable solution: merge both MoP realms into one.

The same already happened with CATA expansion if you consider the before and after molt-down realm set-up.

Warmane's developers should fix core structural bugs (e.g., pathfinding/inconsistent drop rates/classes) soon enough before the story repeats itself with the WotLK realms as well. They are in the end more than 60% of the server's population and it already started to happen.

In general, population drop during the past two months is visible in all realms, you see it in the online realm players and you feel it in 25 man raid PUG preparation times. The sad truth is that in terms of scripting quality Warmane has fallen far behind other available servers and too many members are aware/concerned about it. I hope the staff takes note and are able to revert this situation.

6. May 8, 2015  
    Is it not possible to close character creation on Frostwolf, increase rates on Sargeras, and maybe even compensate those that transfer from FW to Sarg (maybe give a mount that is medium-hard to get in game, and is also available)? I know its harsh to close character creation on a realm, specially for those that want to make an alt, but desperate times do call for desperate measures...
    You are suggesting long term solutions that have a tiny effect. Most ppl I play with have either already started over on frostwolf or decided to leave for a year to see if Sargeras will be fixed by then. Problem is, if everyone leaves the legs fall out and we have catastrophic failure. It would take quite a bit of incentive to get ppl to transfer over. Maybe something like the first 1000 people to transfer ALL their chars from frostwolf to sargeras get 200 coins. Doubt even that would work.

Basically all players on Sargeras right now know that server is dead, and will not recover. Its really too late already. The only hope was a server merge, if that's unlikely then its over. Everyone is just sitting around waiting to see if there is a fix. My guild is down to 4 actual players, and we wait.

7. May 8, 2015  
    You are suggesting long term solutions that have a tiny effect. Most ppl I play with have either already started over on frostwolf or decided to leave for a year to see if Sargeras will be fixed by then. Problem is, if everyone leaves the legs fall out and we have catastrophic failure. It would take quite a bit of incentive to get ppl to transfer over. Maybe something like the first 1000 people to transfer ALL their chars from frostwolf to sargeras get 200 coins. Doubt even that would work.

Basically all players on Sargeras right now know that server is dead, and will not recover. Its really too late already. The only hope was a server merge, if that's unlikely then its over. Everyone is just sitting around waiting to see if there is a fix. My guild is down to 4 actual players, and we wait.
    We cannot just do a short term fix like merging realms, only to be in a position 6 months down the line where the only MoP realm is facing catastrophic queues and lag. Yes, I'm suggesting long term fixes, because unless Warmane intends to shut down operations soon, we should look at what can be done in the long term.

As MoP realms get more scripted, there will be more traffic. We need to direct this traffic to Sargeras. With new armory and better monitoring for arenas, I'm sure many PvP players will return for the new season as well.

All we can do is implement small changes that will hopefully get the realm more populated in the long run, because any short fix will result in major headaches 6 months down the line.

8. May 8, 2015  
    first of all this statement..."as MoP realms get more scripted" they are getting scripted every single day...devs are doing great job imo so far since i though this was not even possible for private servers at all. on the other hand. no there is no reason for u to bellive that more ppl are gona come 2 Sargeras when more fixes/scripts come on MoP realm cousse imagine urself as new player.....joining Warmane community, open realm status page....see FW with 3,5kppl online and Sargeras with 500 ppl online....where do u think ANY of those ppl will make a character ? :)
    as i said it before only solution for not losing ppl atm is merging 2 servers or giving free/VP cost transfers for all to FW and see how it goes. i bet in a month there wont be 100 ppl on Sargeras at all and u would see the clear picture. and only once the queues get large that is the time for new realm. this way is just a way of waiting for sure failure imo:-/ i hope devs/owners/admins and who ever decides think harder about this

9. May 8, 2015  
    We cannot just do a short term fix like merging realms, only to be in a position 6 months down the line where the only MoP realm is facing catastrophic queues and lag. Yes, I'm suggesting long term fixes, because unless Warmane intends to shut down operations soon, we should look at what can be done in the long term.

As MoP realms get more scripted, there will be more traffic. We need to direct this traffic to Sargeras. With new armory and better monitoring for arenas, I'm sure many PvP players will return for the new season as well.

All we can do is implement small changes that will hopefully get the realm more populated in the long run, because any short fix will result in major headaches 6 months down the line.
    I understand what you are saying, but either way there will only be Frostwolf in the future. If they merge them = only Frostwolf, if they do not = only Frostwolf. The difference is with the merge all the Sargeras players are still on Warmane, the other case they left.

We are just worried. Everyday more players either quit, or start over on Frostwolf, or start leveling more level 3 toons up rather than playing end-game. Sounds to me that you are a Frostwolf server player, well, get ready because half of Sargeras will be there before long either at level 1 or a merge...and the other half will be gone.

10. May 9, 2015  
    From my experience if a certain realm has lower population than another one, the discrepancy and difference becomes only bigger in the long-term. I would expect Sargeras to bleed population to Frostwolf, even though both realms have the same rates, dedicated high-end servers and even Sargeras has updates released earlier than Frostwolf - not because Sargeras is "experimental" but quite the opposite, because we've been looking to attract new players to Sargeras and slow the 'bleeding' down. Either way there's nothing tragic, if and when it is necessary (community input important) we can safely open transfers from Sargeras to Frostwolf and announce a merge start and end date.

11. May 9, 2015  
    From my experience if a certain realm has lower population than another one, the discrepancy and difference becomes only bigger in the long-term. I would expect Sargeras to bleed population to Frostwolf, even though both realms have the same rates, dedicated high-end servers and even Sargeras has updates released earlier than Frostwolf - not because Sargeras is "experimental" but quite the opposite, because we've been looking to attract new players to Sargeras and slow the 'bleeding' down. Either way there's nothing tragic, if and when it is necessary (community input important) we can safely open transfers from Sargeras to Frostwolf and announce a merge start and end date.
    If a merge happened, what will happen to the character's names? Everyone would lose their favourite name.

12. May 9, 2015  
    excuse me Kaer but can u pls say when do u think its clear point that u actually do open transfers if having under 1k ppl online 90% of the time isnt? i mean i know like 20 ppl if not more that love to stay on Warmane and made new chars on FW. dont u think it would be fair to them to open transfers earlier so they can keep their main chars atleast...some ppl take main chars more srsly then making milion alts.
    Edited: May 9, 2015 Reason: add

13. May 9, 2015  
    Kaer Wolf, completely understand what youre saying but waiting to quell this "bleed" is also making you lose players. some people wont want to level Yet another character to 90 just for the sake of playing the same game.

from what ive seen in this threat alone, most people are supportive of the Server merge, so shouldnt that be a focus? i mean after all you did say "if and when it is necessary (community input important)" and from what i can see the community HAS Spoken

14. May 9, 2015  
    the community HAS Spoken

yep, thats true, time for merging realms or more will leave!

edit: U can use the name Sargeras for the new WOD realm :D
    Edited: May 9, 2015

15. May 9, 2015  
    Just add more bgs and it will be ok ;) I think that population will increase after few more bgs and raids.

And lower the point from 150 to 100 from transfer from ally to horde.

First ... 21011121314 Last