1. Sorry for maybe asked already question, but i have not found any....anyway... Will Shadowmeld that Night Elves have work in Vanilla and TBC in combat?
    Thanks
    It should work as it did in those eras. If it doesn't follow the mechanics of the era, then it's a bug and needs to be reported.

2. I would be very happy to have a general rate with leveling up a profession and the opportunity to get an achievement for leveling up to x1 up to lvl 60 without dying

3. I would be very happy to have a general rate with leveling up a profession and the opportunity to get an achievement for leveling up to x1 up to lvl 60 without dying
    Great idea. Hardcore players will like this and this encourages streaming of Onyxia gameplay on Twitch, which is essentially free server advertising.

Classic Master - Levelled to 60 without dying.
    Burning Master - Levelled to 70 without dying.
    Wrath Master - Levelled to 80 without dying.

Also, when launch?

4. Leveling without dying is pretty meaningless when you have RDF and can just be carried by other players.
    Also, did Twitch change their policy of banning anyone who was reported for streaming private servers?

5. Leveling without dying is pretty meaningless when you have RDF and can just be carried by other players.
    Also, did Twitch change their policy of banning anyone who was reported for streaming private servers?
    It's good when the community comes up with ideas to make the game better. You can always take our ideas and make them even better with your own adjustments behind the scenes.

Regarding Twitch, YouTube etc., they are great platforms to connect with new audiences. Plenty of people stream and it's what brought me into the private server world.

6. You didn't address either of the things you're quoting.

7. I don't think that leveling without dying is meaningless, even if you spam RDF. At least, it's not meaningless to everybody. I would absolutely enjoy a hardcore mode to play with my family - that's enough meaning for me ( and a small group of 5 ). If hardcore option locks you into x1, I think it's still pretty risky, fun, and rewarding for the average Joe. Players can get boosted on x5 non-hardcore as well, get max gear in a boosted guild, trade their toon, repeat. To me, this boosting and trading style of gameplay is totally meaningless, but I don't mind that people do it, and I appreciate that the additional options that people have allow me to play with a large pool of players. I like all of the different people here on Warmane. Aesthete + Sevyshasha have pretty good ideas, and I've seen hardcore mentioned a lot in this thread. I wish people had more positive attitudes about hardcore (and other peoples' opinions in general), but suggestions seem quickly dismissed.

~ Lag

8. It's fine to find it personally meaningful, but to expect custom Achievements for it? Even if we didn't have our long and well-known policy regarding custom changes, that would be a stretch for something that can be easily cheesed.

And Onyxia won't be a "hardcore" server.

9. I don't belive I mentioned anything about custom content, rewards, etc. I simply addressed your statement which was aimed at Sevyshasha:
    "Leveling without dying is pretty meaningless when you have RDF and can just be carried by other players."

My sentiment was that meaning is subjective; and I was under the impression that this thread was supposed to be used to simply discuss Proterean's near-final comment on the OP, which is why I posted in the first place - to voice an opinion:
    "We are confident that we can deliver a high-quality realm that will satisfy ***all kinds of players***. All of the work invested in this realm will also benefit our other realms ***where appropriate.***"

I thought that mentioning hardcore was appropriate as it is part of the all kinds of players that he mentioned :)

I am totally OK that Onyxia is non-hardcore. I am just pointing out that hardcore players fit into ***all kinds of players*** category (right?), and wanted to mention that hardcore mode is pretty popular and a lot of fun! (I am not referring to hardcore mode E.G. Lordaeron, but hardcore mode as in one-life, one-death mode)

~ Lag

10. I don't belive I mentioned anything about custom content, rewards, etc. I simply addressed your statement which was aimed at Sevyshasha:
    "Leveling without dying is pretty meaningless when you have RDF and can just be carried by other players."

My sentiment was that meaning is subjective; and I was under the impression that this thread was supposed to be used to simply discuss Proterean's near-final comment on the OP, which is why I posted in the first place - to voice an opinion:
    "We are confident that we can deliver a high-quality realm that will satisfy ***all kinds of players***. All of the work invested in this realm will also benefit our other realms ***where appropriate.***"
    So... you ignored the context of what I replied to - which was him listing three custom Achievement suggestions - to nitpick unrelated semantics?

Got it.

11. I don't belive I mentioned anything about custom content, rewards, etc.
    No, you said:
    Aesthete + Sevyshasha have pretty good ideas, and I've seen hardcore mentioned a lot in this thread. I wish people had more positive attitudes about hardcore (and other peoples' opinions in general), but suggestions seem quickly dismissed.
    Their "pretty good ideas" was custom content (achievements) to encourage hardcore gameplay and streaming of it. It's all on the same page here, so obviously you're jumping into a conversation without doing the minimum reading to join it.

Most of us aren't against players doing a Hardcore challenge. No one is telling people they can't risk the Twitch/Youtube/Blizzard DMCA ban and stream playing Warmane...though I think it's good to inform people that the risk is there, and there's nothing Warmane can do for them if/when it happens.

Nothing Warmane is coding or providing will prevent people from doing a HC challenge. What people ARE against it being hardcoded into the server (even as an optional mode)...you want to do the challenge, honor code it...if you die, have the balls to delete yourself. If you want to stream it, go ahead. Stream every moment you play...that way your 3 to 5 viewers will see when you die (and hopefully mock you if you cheat and rez). And people are against custom rewards trying to encourage/promote it. What's the need, other than another way for one player to be a toxic braggart over another?

12. Okay, I didn't realize a title/acheivment counts as "custom content". If that's the case, then I ask ths:

I suppose transmog counts as custom content, too? Why are we claiming that Warmane has such a "well known policy regarding custom changes", when transmog is in game with an (admittiedly) clunky system - transmog scrolls? It's not even the genuine blizzard transmog system - its a custom workaround. Transmog is released in a later blizzard release (Cataclysm / MoP, right?). Hardcore WoW servers are also a blizzard release, albiet very recent... I don't see why at least being open to the idea of hardcore or other ideas is just so bad/wrong.

@Obnoxious, I suppose it seemed like I did ignore your post's context. I genuinely don't think that an acheviment and title count as custom content, when transmog scrolls are on the table and widely accepted... I don't believe that toggling a hardcore option is considered custom content. My understanding of "custom" in this conversation is:

custom: made or performed according to personal order

Isn't that... exactly... what Warmane did with transmog system? >.> They tailored a system to their personal order. Like, that's exactly what they did... and I'm totally okay with that. But I don't think we should have such closed minded attitudes towards other topics (not even just hardcore - I think this applies to most things in the thread here).

@Lezchap I do plan on doing this! Well, I don't stream, I just like to have fun with my friends. If I die I will delete, but I'm sure I will die a whole lot since PvP seems to be enabled (I'm a PvP server lover - so I'm okay with that risk). However; it would be cool for my family or friends or even myself to not even have the temptation to continue available :).

~ Lag

13. Isn't that... exactly... what Warmane did with transmog system? >.> They tailored a system to their personal order. Like, that's exactly what they did... and I'm totally okay with that. But I don't think we should have such closed minded attitudes towards other topics (not even just hardcore - I think this applies to most things in the thread here).
    Yes, it is.

What's your point? Please say it's something deeper than the usual slippery slope "you did this so you can do that" which never did and never will work as argument for a whole different piece of custom content to be added. Transmogrification, which is a beloved feature by all but the most purists and comes with no mechanical advantage, can't seriously be compared to easily-cheesable custom Achievements for a niche-within-a-niche-within-a-niche handful of people.

14. You didn't address the rest of my post, which very clearly expresses my point. I think if you are asking people to understand the context of yours / others' posts, I should be allowed to do the same.
    If you read my posts knowing that I believe acheivments / title to not be custom content, I think what I am saying is pretty clear, and with a totally positive and productive mindset...
    If I am truly not being understood then I can help spell it out, but I feel like just because I am onboard with new ideas, I am automatically subject to ridicule (ridicule meaning dismissive language, not demeaning).

~ Lag

15. Whether you think it's custom content or not is irrelevant. If it requires custom modifications, be it to the server or the client, to include something that doesn't exist in the game, it's custom content.

First ... 4090130138139140141142 ... Last