1. What's American about it ?
    everything, including the air you breathe

2. It's because that's not how it works. Japanese names are generally only 2-3 "letters" (characters), not 6+ like they typically are in other languages.
    I know, but I expected atleast 1 name that sounds semi decent.

*throws 2 cents*

I would relate a name to something I knew too.. like if you were to name your child Onesti I'd say "hey, that's my hometown !"... What's American about it ?
    I would never name a kid of mine after a town, product, etc. I wouldn't want to be named Pepsi either, so obviously I wouldn't do that to my child.

3. everything, including the air you breathe
    He's Romanian.

4. I know, but I expected atleast 1 name that sounds semi decent.
    High hopes.

5. we don't take kindly to strangers 'round these parts

6. I know, but I expected atleast 1 name that sounds semi decent..
    Well if you work backwards, my toon name is japanese.
    Toshika - Nra

Few other names:
    Zufuna - Jyx
    Mekurinki - Kemi

7. Romania took over California, it's official.
    (California is the only place I know about of all the states.. except Florida, which I know is weird)

8. Romania took over California, it's official.
    (California is the only place I know about of all the states.. except Florida, which I know is weird)

Your map is wrong. I don't see Taiwan on it.

9. Romania took over California, it's official.

That map made me realise that I can't even name half the states, the only ones I can name are the ones where my friends live or work.

10. That map made me realise that I can't even name half the states, the only ones I can name are the ones where my friends live or work.
    For example, I only know Area 51 and Canada and Los Angeles and San Andreas. That's about all the american great states I know

11. That map made me realise that I can't even name half the states, the only ones I can name are the ones where my friends live or work.
    It's freedom. So when someone points at a random state on a map, it's Freedom. Teacher makes you label the US? Just write "FREEDOM" over the whole thing and you'll get an A. Knowing the actual name of each state is just a small bonus.

12. I think I'm starting to dream in ****ing C++, my god...

13. It's okay, most Americans can't even name the breadbasket states.